Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:14 AM
:-) Dominique, that's fantastic! And Courtney and I are going to have two more tutes ready not long after you finish Tute 3 :-)

My home site is http://www.sublimesims.net/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:26 AM
Thank you sooooo much! I had a problem with attaching the lavender pattern to the top of the dress so I tried something different and it worked and the outfit looks just like yours so thanks!
Test Subject
#78 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 1:44 AM
It is such a pleasure to learn with you. I will try thid lavender dress. You are a very good teacher. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#79 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:08 PM
Thank you so much! I've been puzzling for an AGE.

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
-Marilyn Monroe
Test Subject
#80 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:08 PM
This is awesome! I've been wanting to try recolouring for a while, but I was afraid to do it. These tutorials make it all so easy! You're going to be tired of hearing this, but thank you so much for making these tutorials.
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:07 PM
When I first used GIMP, I had no idea how easy it was! I messed around with the textures, and now have a lovely collection of dresses XD One quick question: do you have to use GIMP, or can you use any program? Ive got paint.NET, so would that be ok to use?

Never Relieve The Postbox Of Its Duties... (sims1)

I Must Confess...I Cannot Play Without Cheating :(
Boolprop + Motherlode forever!! =D
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th May 2008 at 11:59 AM
Errr, Can Someone Help Me?
Ehh... When I Try And Save The Lavender Material It Saves As BPM And When I Try To Change It, Iy Won't Work. I'm Really Confused Now And It Doesn't Really Help That My Laptop Is Vista. Why Can'y Vista Be Simple? Anyway, Can Someone Help Me?

Soz About The Caps In Every Word, It's A Habbit.

SarrahX
Test Subject
#83 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:17 PM
Hi I'm a new user of this site and I was able to follow easily recoloring part of the tutorial. But I've been having trouble on this part. First when I try to save the lavender switch to gimp patterns it doesn't come up in the pattern fill tab. So I downloaded another fabric pattern but it would only fill up the whole screen with that pattern in checkers. Then I tried to use another pattern that was already there but when I drew the line and tried to bucket fill in Gimp wouldn't let me, above or below the line. I've read all the post on this thread but I still couldn't find anything to help me so... I'm looking for anyother advice.

Thanks. Besides those problems the tutorials were awesome.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepingbeauty
Hi I'm a new user of this site and I was able to follow easily recoloring part of the tutorial. But I've been having trouble on this part. First when I try to save the lavender switch to gimp patterns it doesn't come up in the pattern fill tab. So I downloaded another fabric pattern but it would only fill up the whole screen with that pattern in checkers. Then I tried to use another pattern that was already there but when I drew the line and tried to bucket fill in Gimp wouldn't let me, above or below the line. I've read all the post on this thread but I still couldn't find anything to help me so... I'm looking for anyother advice.

Thanks. Besides those problems the tutorials were awesome.

First of all, Let me welcome you to the site!

Now, You say you save it. Did you save it by going into C:/ -> Program Files -> Gimp 2.0 -> share -> patterns? Also, Make sure you saved the file as a .pat file. Also, You have to re-start Gimp for your pattern to appear.

Hope some of these suggestions helps you!

~Dj

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
I have almost the same trouble as Bradhadair2437 had when saving his/her file. What I did was I tried making a bikini, adding this red lace I copied from google to it by selecting a section then, edit:paste into.
So I did this over and over. When I try to save it says:

Your image should be exported before it can be saved as BMP for the following reasons:

BMP plug-in can't handle layer offsets, size or opacity
Merge Visible Layers

The export conversion won't modify your original image.

help ignore export cancel

I ended up clicking export. When I go back to Sims2 BodyShop I get this message:

The custom content could not be imported. Please make sure the files are in the proper location and in the correct format.

I have no clue what to do, please help if able to.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 11:21 PM Last edited by jlmonty16 : 21st Aug 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Add more Info
Default Help! Swatch Won't Show/Load?
hello! i am trying to do this and i have followed your instructions to the T about saving the swatch as a GIMP pattern. However, it doesn't show in the patterns folder and when I click "Reset Patterns" it says Warning: Failed to load data:

Failed to load image 'C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns\lavenderswatch': Image has zero width

Warning: Failed to load data:

Failed to load image 'C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns\lavenderswatch.bmp': Image has zero width

Will I have to reinstall the GIMP? I followed your tutorial on that exactly as well. I would appreciate any help! Thanks

EDIT: I followed your instructions with another swatch and it still did not work. It could not reset the patterns and I recieved the same message as I did above.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 3:30 AM
Your tutorials are awesome! I had never used GIMP before (until about 4 hours ago) and now I have a bunch of pretty dresses and other outfits! :-) Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 3:37 AM
Its me again!
These tuts are absolutely wonderful and easy to follow. I just finishe the recolour and the texture. Now on to the alpha! Man I'll be making stuff my big bbw sims in no time lol. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#89 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 9:02 PM
IM having trouble because i dont have a C Drive . Is that the only way u can save the pattern ?
Test Subject
#90 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 12:29 AM
Im having trouble by saving a GIMP pattern I dont have a C: Drive , is there any other way i can save it as a GIMP Pattern?

Oh, and thank u for the great tutorials !
Test Subject
#91 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:11 PM
help
so i got the wrong gimp progam and i looked for version 2.6.9 but it wasent on the website u gave me. Where can i find it?
Test Subject
#92 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kat531
When I first used GIMP, I had no idea how easy it was! I messed around with the textures, and now have a lovely collection of dresses XD One quick question: do you have to use GIMP, or can you use any program? Ive got paint.NET, so would that be ok to use?

Paint.Net is a little different, you dont have as many opitions but it is very easy to use. there is a tutioral but its a little hard to fallow,
this is wt i do
first you open up your clothing texture, then go to adjustments, and choose Hue/ Saturtion and then just move the arrows to choose your color. its really simple.

but if you want to change only parts of it you choose your rectangle option and make a rectangle around the part you want to change. hold down control to choose more then 1 spot to change. then you go up to adjustments and hue/saturtion and thenn mess around with the colors.

thats pretty much all you can do. i messed aroung with all the other opitions and theres not much you can do. i prefer gimp but paint.net still works.

hope my imformation helped you
Test Subject
#93 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 10:17 PM
it kinda works for me i guess i didn't do the right dress well i was black then i clicked refresh the boot stayed black and the dress changed to greenish blusish...
Field Researcher
#94 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 9:38 PM
Forum Resident
#95 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:45 PM
Hi, first I was trying to use Gimp and follow the photoshop directions...THEN... I found the Gimp Tutorials!! Awesome site... and you have made the Tutorials very easy to follow!! You are all amazing and thank you!!! I was introduced to the Sims 2 Deluxe about a year ago. I am finding out so many things that I didn't have a clue about... I love learing how to make my own creations...want to learn as much as I can...and be ready for Sims 3 in June!!(smiling) You have made learning fun and easy...Thank you so very much!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#96 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:21 PM
Even though I've had to come back time and again, your tutorial works for me perfectly. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

:lovestruc
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 12:28 AM
Hey, I'm currently doing the texture thingy, and it's going good. However, when i saved the texture in Patterns, It become a .BMP, rather thana .PAT like you said.
Will this affect it negatively?
-Thanks..
And your tutorials are awesome. ^_^
Forum Resident
#98 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:49 PM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 14th Apr 2009 at 7:44 PM.
I did great when following your directions using your texture swatch. I have went on the internet as you suggested and found some of my own, but having a problem...
well, I can't seem to get a pic into this post. Tried using photobucket but isn't working.
Anyway, the swatch I am using shows a white border around all four sides, so when I fill the pattern to recolour... it looks like many squares all fitting together. What am I doing wrong? Or is it suppose to look like this and then we just soften the borders with the blur tool? I don't really think so... Please help.
Thanks,
JAKINCOL
(figured out how to get the pic into the post... )

Test Subject
#99 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:04 PM
This is a great Tut. The only problem I'm having when doing this is the whole thing wants to turn black. No purple at all. I followed everything word for word... or at least I thought I did. I'm new to this whole recoloring thing, so it may just be a rookie mistake. LOL! Thanks anywho for this.
Forum Resident
#100 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherryblossom12321
This is a great Tut. The only problem I'm having when doing this is the whole thing wants to turn black. No purple at all. I followed everything word for word... or at least I thought I did. I'm new to this whole recoloring thing, so it may just be a rookie mistake. LOL! Thanks anywho for this.

Did you make sure to change the ''Fill'' icon from FG Colour Fill to Pattern Fill?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Page 4 of 5