Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 15
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:35 AM Last edited by babyophelia : 13th Nov 2009 at 6:04 PM.
does this work with OFB? it was working perfectly. i had just the base game. i used it to make some prison cells with Atavera's prison bar windows. Then i installed OFb, now they don't show up. please help!

Thanks.

Edit: NVM. I went to sleep with the game left running. I woke up and the walls were there. Very strange, don't know why.

THANKS these are the best!
Test Subject
#327 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:29 PM
I just wanted to help out anyone that has the same problem as I do and do not want to read through 14 pages of comments. I have all the EPs, and I really need these walls to get past the Maxis Wall Limit :-(

I did the complete SCRIPTORIUM download correctly. Yet when I followed the directions to add the Unleveled Walls, the game would crash on me before starting up. I downloaded the Invisible Walls to see if something was wrong with my pc, but those loaded fine and showed up in the game correctly.

Finally, I found somewhere in the comments to place the UnleveledWalls.package in your Downloads folder and leave the UnleveledWalls.txt in the SCRIPTORIUM script area. This worked perfectly for me! So hope this helps someone.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:45 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Could the same thing be created for TS3 as well?
Field Researcher
#329 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:13 PM
Do you see this wall scirpt?

"# attic walls
wall 3
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible true
verticalSpan floorToRoof
#verticalSpan floorToFloor
deleteTools roof partition
requiresSupportUnderneath false
bearsLoad true
catalogTextIndex 6
#notInCatalog
thumbnailResource 0x499db772 0xe9261575"

If you do, do you know how to make this scirpt work with expansion and stuff packs like "The sims 2: Apartment Life" or "The sims 2: Mansions & Gardens stuff"?

If so, send a reply telling me how to do so.

When you do, I'll add you to my friends list.
Test Subject
#330 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 4:05 PM
excuse me , why i can't use the Radiance Light System after installing this ?
thz ~
Mad Poster
#331 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyju_sims1988
excuse me , why i can't use the Radiance Light System after installing this ?
thz ~

The scripts files may not conflict with each others.

But anyway, have you tried to install them manually?
Test Subject
#332 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:37 AM
I have the same problem that Kharn had (see his post 7/17/07 on page 11 of the comments). I was in the middle of building a huge lot and ran out of Maxis walls, so I found Numenor's unlevel walls and downloaded that so that I'd have enough walls to finish the lot. I downloaded correctly and all was going okay but then I couldn't place a half-wall. When I ran out of walls before, I deleted some and was able to rebuild the same number of walls (thus meeting the wall limit), but this time, when I deleted some default half-walls, I was not able to rebuild. So, this would mean that the issue is not a wall limit problem, right? Niol posted a response to Kharn about a possible work-around but I didn't quite understand the method he/she described. Any help?
Mad Poster
#333 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:48 AM
If I can still remember correctly, default half-walls are counted as normal walls, and so along this rationale, both of them will run out.

A potential work-around is to use either a custom wall or foundation by means of Mootilda's ConvertiWall
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=327132

So, did you either undo the deletion or or simply unsave the lot and reenter later?

I think one has to check out all the wall.txt script in every game version's script folder.
It's accumulative and the newer lines over-ride the older lines.
Since I've not played or installed the whole game for quite a whole.
I admit I don't remember every line inside.

What part of the potential work-around confuses you?
May quote out, so I may try to respond more properly...
Test Subject
#334 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Download the file "BACKUP_RestoreMaxisWalls-Only.zip" from this thread, extract the file from it, and place it in:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
(overwrite the existing TXT file).

Then install the Scriptorium.

Lastly, come back to this thread, download the file "90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip" and unpack its content (both the files in the zip) into the folder "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches", accessible from the shortcut in your Downloads.

I've done all that and its still not showing up in my wall tools. I deleted the stuff from thumbprints to see if it was there, just the icon wasn't showing up, but no go. i've also tried putting the package in downloads like some ppl suggested still wont work. i have all of the expansions except Freetime wondering if its not compatible with some EP? i've spent about 3 hours reading and re-reading through everything but im still wondering if im missing some step or something.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:25 AM
All these years I thought a wall was just a wall and would never be anything more. But this is cool too. Probably won't get it though, I'm just not that sophisticated with building.
Test Subject
#336 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Avika P. : 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:26 AM.
Hi for people who found problem with Custom Walls doesn't show in game, i'm the one too but now it's fixed!^^
Here is how to fix Custom Walls Icon to show up! it's work 100%!!

1. Install Auto Scriptorium.

2. This case i want only Unleveled wall so i download "90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip" (that has two files, .txt and .package)
and go to Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads
and look for "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches" folder then open it and put two files into this folder.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
open file "wall.txt" and add this text below to last line then save.

# *custom* un-leveled terrain walls

catalogTextResource 90_UnleveledWall 129

wall 90
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible false
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xccc30160
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
thumbnailResource 2 0x499db772 0xfeed5515
thumbnailResource 3 0x499db772 0xfeed5510
catalogTextIndices 0 1 2 3

(This case i want only Unleveled wall so i only add Unleveled wall text script.)

4. Install some creator's lot/house that make with Unleveled wall.
ex. Unfurnished houses by Jonesi
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=128540
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=176510

Go to game and see Unleveled wall icon is ready to use! Good luck~
Screenshots
Test Subject
#337 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Symanteco
I have a 64bit Vista system and i don't see the Scriptorium subdirectory in my sims-downloads directory. Does it work with 64bit Vista?

I have Windows 7 64 bit i can see Scriptorium in Downloads.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#338 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 6:40 AM
Unleveled walls! These will make my pencil house so much easier to build! Squee~
Test Subject
#339 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:32 PM
This is just great! With these walls I can build house of my dream with one click.
Then I have a quastion:
I tried to make my own custom walls, which can let the light through, just to be able to built patios/yards surrounded by walls but with normal external lighting. But in the end the walls (and wallpapers on them) are too bright, almost shining. Is there any opportunity to make them look normally? And what I did wrong?
Sorry for my poor English)
Test Subject
#340 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:27 PM
Maybe i'm a jackass, but i didnt understand how to install it.
Could please someone explain it step by step.
TY!
Test Subject
#341 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:33 PM
Default Help? :-)
Having a bit of a problem adding the wall to another...I keep getting a cutaway in the wall I can't seem to get rid of. Tried to constrain walls cheat but that just gives me a massive spike in the height of the wall.

Attached a picture of the problem, hope you can help!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#342 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:15 AM
Anphobia : I doubt that if you used boolprop constrainfloorelevation prior to installing and using Numenor's walls that it might work too well. I can't tell for sure, perhaps somebody else could help you, because Numenor is no longer active at modthesims today.

derovverpro might want to have a look at Numenor's Scriptorium in the first place, here :

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=192613

It might be complicated and a long reading, but the Scriptorium is necessary for those walls. And if you use any object needing Numenor's Scriptorium for a lot you'd share, you are strongly invited to mention that you used such objects requiring Scriptorium, or downloaders will have a lot crash.

Numenor was a very meticulous CC modder for the Sims 2 and always did his very best to update, explain and help. Now he sadly retired from the Sims 2 community.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#343 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:03 PM Last edited by therebel292004 : 25th Jul 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Is there any tutorials on how to use the unleveled walls? I have seen the Quonset hut that was made, and wish to make my own, (changing the colors and such to fit my Alaskan town)?
I see custom content windows do not work with the unleveled walls.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#344 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:37 PM
I'm really glad you made this. I'm making a castle (based on a real one in Denmark) and I reached the 2000 wall limit. This mod lets me get around that using the no cutaway walls. I just wish there were some more "normal" walls that could be considered "custom" walls so I could get around it that way, too.

But still, this is a godsend. Until I worked on this castle, I didn't even know there was a wall limit!
Test Subject
#345 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:04 PM
Default lol me too
Quote: Originally posted by Symanteco
I have a 64bit Vista system and i don't see the Scriptorium subdirectory in my sims-downloads directory. Does it work with 64bit Vista?

same though I have 32bit
Test Subject
#346 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccaspell
I've done all that and its still not showing up in my wall tools. I deleted the stuff from thumbprints to see if it was there, just the icon wasn't showing up, but no go. i've also tried putting the package in downloads like some ppl suggested still wont work. i have all of the expansions except Freetime wondering if its not compatible with some EP? i've spent about 3 hours reading and re-reading through everything but im still wondering if im missing some step or something.

Have you downloaded scriptorium?
Field Researcher
#347 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hi. I have a question. I don't think your custom walls have this feature (sorry if it does). I was wondering if it's possible to make a wall that doesn't block outdoor light or any indoor lighting from windows in different rooms? I like how the light flows through an open floor plan, but when you close off the room it blocks the light from the other room. I would like to make a custom wall that does this. A visible wall that doesn't block lighting from the surrounding rooms. Hope this makes sense. :/ Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#348 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:12 PM
I resisted using the un-leveled and the no-cutaway walls for years, fearing problems. Why was I so concerned, I wonder? These walls are great! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:54 AM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#350 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:54 AM
Thank you ! :)
Page 14 of 15