Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 11:38 PM Last edited by ?WineDronk? : 28th Jun 2022 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Grammar Error Corrections
Default Sims 2 Small Single Level Residential Shell Challenge ||| WineDronk
Hello Hello, Friends! :lovestruc
It is your local neighborhood WineDronk! ♥

Today I'm bringing your my first forum post and my first Sims 2 Shell Challenge for you! I am so excited to see what ya'll make of it!
I have also uploaded my completed version so you can download it and check it out for yourselves if you'd like.

The lot specifications:
-2x2 Small Lot
-§5,004 Unfurnished

The rules are super simple:
-Do not remove walls. You can, however, add walls.
-No Cost Cap! (§Yeehaw!§)
-Please make sure to tag me in your finished upload if you decide to upload upon completion,
and link this forum so other folks can participate as well if they'd like.
-Feel free to post photos of your completed version here if you'd like and would rather not upload it! I would love to see it!
-Have fun! :lovestruc

[IMG][/IMG]
Pricing

[IMG][/IMG]
Side View

[IMG][/IMG]
Top-Down View/Layout

[IMG][/IMG]
Front-Side View

I think that's everything! I hope you all enjoy this Lil lot challenge! I cant wait to see what you do with it. I look forward to posting
more Shell Challenges and uploading my completed versions for your enjoyment!

Some of my completed shells I will be uploading to my youtube as well if you want to check that out, I have a link in my bio.
I'd love to see your Sims2 builds and videos as well, so let me know if you have a YouTube and if you decide to film your
completion of this shell I'd love to see that as well!

Thanks so much, everyone- have fun! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  WineDronk S Shell Challenge #1.7z (225.4 KB, 33 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 10:52 PM
Odd random walls -- a challenge indeed

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 7:52 AM
It looks like a fun challenge though I might have a few ideas about how to make it a family home for a small family and it could be fixed up for my Pleasantview EPic Challenge as a future home when they are better at building in that town.I'm currentlt limited in buiding skill in that game as the town is a new colony in the 17th cenutry and it's really that my sims are of limited building skills and I have to pretend i'm limited and restrict my skill to what is realistic.The shalle would make a very good quickly built and not very well layed out row house design.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 5:01 PM
Your lot crashes my game while loading. I put it in with the clean installer. Don't know why this happened.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 6:01 AM
I kept the angular concept in this modern small house, with a loft bedroom. And since you named it wine drunk...I added some drinking stuff...including a drunk.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 5:00 PM
So happy ypu started a shell challenge for sims 2. I didnt played for years but wanted to build when i saw a sims 4 shell challenge, but i dont have sims 4. Super cool here are still sims 2 players- Here is a picture of my house for the challenge . May upload it later somewhere. Sont know where yet. Needed some time to get the shell in my game aswell but it finally worked
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 9:00 PM
MrsBeasly: boy you really got creative!

Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
MrsBeasly: boy you really got creative!

thank you. but you aswell in complete different way. I had so much fun going back to the game. Maybe its time to get Sins 4 to join more of these kind of competitions. I didn't knew you are able to put inventory diagonally as you did.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsBeasly
thank you. but you aswell in complete different way. I had so much fun going back to the game. Maybe its time to get Sins 4 to join more of these kind of competitions. I didn't knew you are able to put inventory diagonally as you did.

I have a EP that allows diagonal placement (don't remember which EP). or Boolpropallow45degreeangleofrotation yes...I think

Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 7:53 AM
thank you ill try
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:54 AM
I presume that OP (WineDronk) made the shell in her/his normal full game with all EPs. Since, as I understand it, you cannot open a lot created with a newer game engine than your own, I wouldn't be able to use the lot they uploaded. As it's a fairly simple and small layout, I've taken the liberty of remaking it from the plans and pictures, using an AGS base game "Permagame" on my old netbook computer. Will people here please check it to make sure that it is essentially the same as WineDronk's original version.

The attached zip contains the Sims2Pack file for the lot shell (base game version). My version of the lot was created in an AGS "Permagame" base game building 'hood, which contains no Sims at all. So it should be completely safe to use. It should be useful for anyone who doesn't have all eight EPs.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  WineDronk Challenge Lot.zip (506.6 KB, 13 downloads)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 1:22 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I've built a house for the challenge, and nobody else has posted.

I actually built this for a couple of Sims, whom I originally intended to be townies, but I liked them so much that I just had to keep them playable.

For the street names in Monopolis (using the terrain of d_dgjdhh's Monopoly Game Town) I'm using the London street names from the UK version of the Monopoly game, so some of the addresses sound a bit pretentious.

This house contains a couple of mistakes -- no bookcase and no light in the small bedroom. I built this (on behalf of Jones & Moltke (Veronaville) Construction Ltd.) for my Sims, and I'm not planning on sharing it. But if anyone does want it I'll try to make a CC-free version of it with the mistakes corrected. As it is, this house contains 2 or 3 CC items.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#13 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 10:20 PM
Had a holiday today, so it was the perfect time for this challenge! I present to you all … a creepy asylum house. :D

This haunted cozy, historic building boasts all the comforts of modern life while maintaining an atmosphere that fosters friendship and relaxation. Your loved one may be going through a rough time, but they’ll thoroughly enjoy sleeping in one of our antique loft beds and cooking ooey-gooey grilled cheese sandwiches in our restored kitchen. Outdoor-lovers can burn off energy on the trampoline and those feeling pensive will love staring into nothing while rocking gently on the tire swing beneath our beautiful weeping willow. Our recovery program also boasts the latest in art therapy, a rooftop astronomy deck for pondering the meaning of human existence, and one of the finest libraries in SimLand. And absolutely NO ONE talks to the skeleton in the corner. Contact your nearest hospital and enroll your traumatized family member today!

House front view & floorplan:

Interior shots:
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 11:48 PM
@katakina522 -That looks exactly like what I'd place in my downtown slums district or a run down part of town and it would be where poor sims live in a shalter that got run down know in my Pleasantview game as an Almshouse for the destitute sims.It would be know in more modern times as the local poorhouse.It looks like a lot of CC installed in my game or soon to be was used in that build.