Replies: 295 (Who?), Viewed: 247252 times.
Page 7 of 12
Test Subject
#151 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 3:49 PM
Thanx, I can do it now!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:17 PM
i cant find my fucking my documents!!
Test Subject
#153 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:36 PM
how would I make skin tones for the clothes?
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
26th Sep 2007 at 6:52 PM
This message has been deleted by Wez.
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:05 PM
Thank you very much for this brilliant tutorial!
Forum Resident
#155 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 8:49 PM
Ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lub90
i cant find my fucking my documents!!

What you do is, Open Up Gimp,Then click File, Open, Then along the top of the open tab, click My Documents, Then click EA Games,The Sims 2 and then Projects. Hope this helps!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#156 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 1:26 AM
THNX very easy to follow!
Test Subject
#157 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 4:25 PM
HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!! i get to the point of refreshing it in bodyshop but nothing changes. The dress stays exactly the same !!!!!!!!!! Anybody know whats going on?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#158 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 2:03 AM
neopetjez - you're probably not writing your bmp files to the correct folder. You should be replacing/overwriting the files.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#159 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:47 AM
Thank you just sooo much!!! I´ve been looking for something like this all over the internet...I mean I know it´s been here for a while now, but still - thank you soooo much...I can´t wait to do the other tutorials!!!
Test Subject
#160 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 5:32 PM
WOAH! I've got a new dress all together! I did a light pink and I've totally got a new dress, it doesn't have the skirt part showing, if you get me?
Test Subject
#161 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 12:56 PM
ok so i followed your directions and everytime it comes up as a solid color, not like on your tut where theres different shades of red
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#162 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 7:17 AM
bradhadair -- you must make sure you're making a new layer and putting the color on a -new- layer (and then you can change the transparency settings to get different effects)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#163 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:58 AM
i did...and it shows the effects on gimp but then i save and refresh on bodyshop and its totally flat and boring and just the new color. believe me, ive messed around with opacity, and the modes and even looked at a tut at sublimesims. and it looks great on gimp...but not on bodyshop.

the only thing that even comes out worth even looking at (and btw in my opinion its looks good) is my acessiories' recolors (however u spell).
Test Subject
#164 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:29 PM
Yay!
i am one of those people who can barely turn the computer on so i have never been able to do anything with bodyshop. but yesterday i read your tut and got gimp. well after several failed attempts last night i slept on it. this morning i decided to try a couple of things different and look more closely at the directions.
big DUH! - maybe i should try saving it!!!
i have my first thing that i made all myself. i'm so happy. i guess i'll than my sister for showing me the site. thnx dani.
and thankyou vashti. i'm so happy. :P

Be proud for you are made of stars;
Be humble for you are made of earth.
Syberian proverb
Test Subject
#165 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:55 AM
Thanks for the tutorial! I've recolored some underwear and shirts and stuff just so I have more options for my adult female sims when they go shopping. I've deleted my whole downloads folder, so I need more options than just Maxis stuff! (I don't have any SPs at the moment, though I'm thinking of buying one or two with more clothing at one point.)
Test Subject
#166 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 5:16 PM
Default Help:)
I tried to open the file with the hippie dress, but it just says unknown file or something like that?
Btw I love this thread
Forum Resident
#167 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyKissie
I tried to open the file with the hippie dress, but it just says unknown file or something like that?
Btw I love this thread

Hippie dress... Does that come with University? 'Coz if so, than sometimes some of the clothing can't be recoloured. And if you downloaded it, it may have a creator block on it which won't allow it to be modified in any way.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#168 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:39 PM
No it comes with sims 2 original.
Test Subject
#169 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:40 PM
The green long formal dress.
Test Subject
#170 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:22 AM
I did everything that was said in turtorial but when i went to refresh the bodyshop my new dress didn't come up . what did i do wrong?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#171 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 7:11 AM
simslover - then you didn't do everything exactly like in the tutorial. In all likelihood you are having problems when you're saving the bmp file - you need to write over the bmp file in the projects folder - because that is where bodyshop will load the graphic from when you click that little refresh button.

Forum Resident
#172 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyKissie
The green long formal dress.
Hmm... I know the one. And you say it won't recolour? What happens? How far can you get in the tutorial before it doesn't work?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#173 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 10:15 PM
hey i've been using this tute for awhile and all of a sudden just today I am getting fuzzy clothes they change color and then dont come out clear.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#174 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 7:48 AM
SimsHead - you asked this question over here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1888301

Test Subject
#175 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:50 PM
thanks alot, I use gimp alot and i had a hard time trying to figure out how to do recolors, so thank you alot.
Page 7 of 12