Replies: 2369 (Who?), Viewed: 354068 times.
Page 8 of 95
Scholar
#176 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:40 AM
Those sims 1 pictures melts my heart X]
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:42 AM
It does, doesn't it? SIms 1 is charming. I hope Late Night brings that charm back!

Anyways, I wonder how the new hood will look like with: penthouses, normal houses, apartments, rabbit holes, open community lots, career lots...
Top Secret Researcher
#178 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:56 AM
I can just hear the conversation the sims have when eating.. And oh, when I look at that picture and see those pink tulip things I remember how annoyed I used to be when it came to gardening as you had to tend the plants I liked the idea of having a gardener come over though

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#179 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM
I hope this EP will be really good. And I mean really really good. Who knows? Maybe 'Late Night' will be the Sims 3's 'Nightlife'. You couldn't enjoy the Sims 2 without it. Maybe it will be the same.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Scholar
#180 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:28 PM
Quote:
It's definitely easier to learn one instrument after learning another. One of the big things you need to learn is beats and notes and how to keep time - that crosses over for ALL types of instruments. Someone who knows how to play the strings of a guitar is going to acclimate far more quickly to a bass than someone who is just learning how to play the bass. Same with wind and brass instruments.

you've definately got a different perspective than me....i can play the piano..trumpet...and French Horn....but can not for the life of me play the Clarinet..or the guitar....i learned the first 3
in high school and the last 2 i have now....it does not work the way you think.....

a C note is different for every instrument......
Scholar
#181 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:35 PM
I'm glad you all enjoyed the picture!

Is does take you back, and the original sims series did have its charm. I'm looking at pictures of Unleashed, and I love the French Quarter building designs.

Hopefully Sims 3 will retain some of this charm in it's coming expansion packs.
Theorist
#182 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:55 PM
I'm liking all those TS1 pics. I hope this current generation of developers are familiar with the original concept of the game and play it from time to time, otherwise they just wont 'get it.'

I liked the theme park stuff in TS1. TS2 never did try that.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#183 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieusa
you've definately got a different perspective than me....i can play the piano..trumpet...and French Horn....but can not for the life of me play the Clarinet..or the guitar....i learned the first 3 in high school and the last 2 i have now....it does not work the way you think.....

Well I think we have to conclude that it does for *some people*. A compromise would be that if the sim has the virtuoso trait, they can be regarded as having a special gift for it, so once they learn an instrument they can pick up the others very easily. All other sims have to start from the beginning with each instrument. OK?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 4:23 PM
Updating Now! I still have to add clothes. The trailer had a ton, so it will take some time. I Do know of fishnets, though!

Darts
Food Venders
Whirlpool Tub (? Could Just be the Jacuzzi)
Smoke Machine
Disco Balls
Cracked Mirror (? could be a trck Mirror)

Curved Pools
Pained Bars (maybe half walls, don't know)

Skinny Dipping
Participate in Trade Shows
Hire a Bartender
Apartment Or Penthouse (With a Roommate)

New CAS tool?

Observation platforms
Studio
secret corners
terraces
Scholar
DELETED POST
22nd Jul 2010 at 4:28 PM
This message has been deleted by suzetter. Reason: already on list
Instructor
#185 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM
I think DJs are confirmed. This was posted today at LosSims3.com:
Quote:
  • Gana fama y fortuna como miembro de una banda de música, DJ o celebridad.
Translation:
Earn fame and fortune as a music band member, DJ or celebrity.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims MX
I think DJs are confirmed. This was posted today at LosSims3.com:Translation:
Earn fame and fortune as a music band member, DJ or celebrity.
I guess that means DJ booths are back? Click here

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Forum Resident
#187 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisvl
Relax, folks. If EA chooses not to put breast sliders in the game, continue using the custom ones.
Oh, I will. Still, built-in sliders would be nice (not at nice as height sliders, but that's a whole other thing).

Will break existing sliders though, most likely, and make me start an entire new hood. I may never get to a third generation of sims.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:01 PM
It only would make sense because what is a club without a DJ? It would be rather silly if there weren't any DJs, so I'm not surprised that there are. I like that you can become one, too.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Well I think we have to conclude that it does for *some people*. A compromise would be that if the sim has the virtuoso trait, they can be regarded as having a special gift for it, so once they learn an instrument they can pick up the others very easily. All other sims have to start from the beginning with each instrument. OK?

Wow, so this is gonna be like Nightlife and Apartment Life rolled into one (minus witches)? Sounds like it's gonna be awesome!

If that's the case maybe they'll do another expansion dedicated totally to magic, like Makin' Magic.
Top Secret Researcher
#190 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:19 PM
Why is there all these translations. Is there no proper English press releases?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#191 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:23 PM
Makin' Magic, Pets and Seasons, all rolled in one :D

That was, we can have a pet dragon (or a black cat, or a pat rat, or owl), and seasons can affect magic polarity (or have a dog for gardening and digging holes for plants), and weather can play into elemental spells. That would be an excellent EP, IMP. Magic would kinda over shadow. If they add farming to this, in an old, secluded small town in the middle of nowhere with a history dark history: instant hit :p

And I'll add DJ
Scholar
#192 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel Noir
Wow, so this is gonna be like Nightlife and Apartment Life rolled into one (minus witches)? Sounds like it's gonna be awesome!

If that's the case maybe they'll do another expansion dedicated totally to magic, like Makin' Magic.

It's not Nightlife with Apartment Life only. It's also House Party, Superstar. :P

And I don't think they'll do a Makin'Magic EP standalone. They're mixing EPs together, or adding new concepts, so they'll probablt mix Makin' Magic with something new (since the themes that are missing are magic, weather and pets, and I really think they'll mix pets and weather).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#193 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansfalcin
It's not Nightlife with Apartment Life only. It's also House Party, Superstar. :P

Night Life was House Party and Hot Date :p
Scholar
#194 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Night Life was House Party and Hot Date :p

Oh, that's probably right. Still, I don't like to left Sims 1 EPs behind.
Test Subject
#195 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:10 PM
Slightly off topic but I wish they had the ability to have two jobs. This one does look like it will be really good honestly. I am sure there are quite a few gems in there that we do not know about yet. I think it's starting to bring back the magic that we had in previous sims packs.
Scholar
#196 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 12:20 AM
Quote:
All other sims have to start from the beginning with each instrument. OK?

Ok...you win.....lol

i guess in the long run i really don't care....we're getting hot tubs and pianos/drums....well alot as far as i am concerned with the next EP.....so bring on the useless stuff.....LMAO
Instructor
#197 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaospilot
Why is there all these translations. Is there no proper English press releases?

http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...010#-2116514082

Instructor
#198 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranissa

We know that.

The question is the non-English sites that are reporting features that are not mentioned in there.
Scholar
#199 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMySoul
Slightly off topic but I wish they had the ability to have two jobs.

I found the below in the translated French article from jeuxvideo.com:

jeuxvideo.com> With the addition of professions night, will it be possible to combine jobs and work day and night?
If your group is quite famous concerts and earned the night, you should be able to provide these representations after your day job. You can also spend the night as mixologists after work.<

I guess that means we may be able to have to two jobs; I sure hope so, lol... I did try to link the original article, but it wouldn't work (it was a link to the translated version) It can be found on Simprograms, though...

...Titanium white...
Top Secret Researcher
#200 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:09 AM
Thanks Ranissa. It's just a bit odd that the press released in the different languages contain different info

Page 8 of 95