Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:25 PM
Default Stupid/random questions... (v2)
(Thanks to ani_ for the original thread. I'm closing it and starting a new one in Common Threads so that the first post can have a bit of guidelines as well as helpful links).

This thread is for:
  • Silly, quick little questions about the game that don't need their own whole threads.

• Things you're wondering about gameplay that you think you should know despite having played the game quite a while.

• Little things you're curious about, gameplay-wise.

That's what this thread is for. Ask all your silly stupid questions here.

This thread is not for:
  • Technical help. If you are having trouble with your game, please read the FAQs in MTS2's Game Help section and post in the Game Help forums if you are having issues. More likely than not, any answers to technical questions you might ask here would be -wrong- and will not help you fix your issue in the best way possible.

• Custom content issues. If you need help with installing custom content, getting custom content to show up, or finding problem custom content, see here: Game Help: Custom Content.

• Where can I find/does this content exist? If you are looking for certain custom content, even if you're not sure anyone's made it, please ask in our Where Can I Find? forum instead of here.

• Questions about specific hacks/custom content. Individual creators support their own work. If you have a question about InTEENimater or InSIMenator, ask on the InTEEN or InSIM forums. If you have a question about how a particular piece of content works, ask its creator in the thread.

• Creation questions. Please use MTS2's Create Section where there are extensive tutorials as well as forums where you can ask questions on all aspects of creating custom content.

Helpful Tips:

Your question may already be answered. Here's some helpful tips/links for you, so you may not need to ask.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:13 PM
Is there any significance to the maze of concrete pathways surrounding the Curious brothers' home?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:38 PM
I don't think so. BUt they look good, yes.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:56 PM
i want to ask about pets EP.
i have all EPs except pets, and alot of times, i want to download lots or objects, but oops! it requires pets !

now, i can get it, but i think there are problems in it? what kind of problems are there?

and another thing,
once, i was downloading an objects, and there was 2 links to download it, one for normal eps and one for pets ep owners.... !!!
if i get pets, should i redownload some things?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:59 PM
There's nothing wroing with the Pets EP as far as I know. If you've succesfully installed BV and FT after, then Pets shouldn't be any problem as you already have the Pets patch then.

Pets is a great EP, it comes with lots of good stuff and I'm sure you'll love it, if you buy it.

I don't know if you should re-download, but I would think that you'd have to.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:05 PM
The downloads for Pets EP owners have Pets EP associated interractions, like sleep on bed, destroy furniture, bath dog, etc. You need to download them only if you want those interractions to be available too, otherwise they work fine.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:05 PM
Are townie gun-generated NPCs supposed to be listed under the "Default" household in SimPE (along with Crumplebottom, Grim, Hula Zombie, etc.)?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:48 PM
Hmmm, my Sim is all shaking when he drinks from the espresso maker. Is it normal or is it some sort of glitch? Like his head is having a tick or something.

Call me Dana. :)
Dana's Sims - 100% free custom content
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:51 PM
Yeah, my Sims always twitch after they drink expresso. It's that caffeine buzz. XD
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:52 PM
LOL, I was afraid I had a glitch or something, so it's good to know. Though it's annoying when he kisses someone and he's shaking like that. *facepalm* *switches to cofeemaker instead*

Call me Dana. :)
Dana's Sims - 100% free custom content
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:29 AM
I've been wondering if it's better to use the genie or the wishing well...Both seems good, but I'm just wondering which.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:36 AM
I would always use the wishing well, but that is because I don't like NPCs and avoid them whenever possible.
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 6:04 PM
Okay, say a pregnant sim dies of hunger.

And you have the sim ressurrected.

If you make her come back as a zombie, will she still be pregnant? I've always wondered this for some reason, but have never tried it.
Scholar
#14 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM
If i get my sims in the criminal career, will they be able to buglarize my other sims home? If so, what happens if they get caught and I play their house after? Wat lvl will they be able to do this?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 6:25 AM
Lazzybum - So far as I remember I don't think so. I think NPC burglars are the only burglars that can break in a house. I'm not sure, though.

Another question: What colors of ghosts do we get again?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Another question: What colors of ghosts do we get again?

From the Sims2 WIki:
* Burned: Red
* Death by Flies: Purple
* Death by Satellite: Orange
* Disease: Green
* Drowned: Blue
* Electrocution: Yellow
* Hunger: Normal but transparent
* Old Age: White
* Scared to Death: Pink

And bonus deaths from the Legacy Challenge FAQ:

Bright Green (Eaten by Cowplant)
Pink (Scissors)**

** Exchange download, "Running with Scissors"
Site Helper
#17 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Okay, say a pregnant sim dies of hunger.

And you have the sim ressurrected.

If you make her come back as a zombie, will she still be pregnant? I've always wondered this for some reason, but have never tried it.

No. At least she shouldn't be. She lost the baby when she died, and zombies can't have babies.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
No. At least she shouldn't be. She lost the baby when she died, and zombies can't have babies.

Can men zombies still impregnate living women?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:28 AM
Don't think so. From Prima Guide:

Zombie sims can woohoo but cannot try for baby.

So I'll bet the try for baby does not come up whether you click on the zombie or the Sim.

Maybe someone will try it in game and let ya know. Thyme is zombie-free or I would. :-)
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:20 AM
I'll have to investigate when I get my zombie out of the simbin.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:00 PM
sga_girl - Hey, it may be annoying to you if he kisses someone like that, but I'm pretty sure any sim girlie he woohoos with vibrating like that would be -quite- happy about the whole thing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:20 PM
HP - You just gave me an idea! *runs off to give sims an overdose of coffee*

I'm full of questions at the moment, but now, I'll ask one:

Can you get a second wishing well after using the first one? I hear if you overuse the wishing well, chances are the wish might go bad.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:07 PM
Why do custom black hairs, if there are two shades of the same mesh, turn to the other shade during an age transition? Aaaaand how the hell do my toddlers dislike their older siblings that they've never even interacted with yet? Is it because they seem to have like, one nice point apiece?
Site Helper
#24 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:58 PM
My male zombie didn't have any try for baby option. (Which was another thing making his (Family) wife unhappy with him. She is also rather unhappy that he is quite happy that I also made him a vampire, and would like her to be one too. But one of my other vampires has gotten a couple of Maxis women pregnant, so it's not the vampire aspect preventing a baby.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
Aaaaand how the hell do my toddlers dislike their older siblings that they've never even interacted with yet? Is it because they seem to have like, one nice point apiece?

Family relationships are randomly generated at birth. So if you give birth to a sim, then s/he'll gain a random relationship with every household member. For older siblings the range is -10/-10 to 25/15 if I recall correctly.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Continued on new thread.
Page 1 of 35