Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 8:46 PM Last edited by RabidAngel : 25th Oct 2005 at 1:46 AM.
Default How would I add a teen version to my adult mesh?
Hi all,
I created a new hair mesh (which is already posted here) http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97182 and I've had a request to make it for teen males as well.
My question is this...
If I were to re-edit the teen gmdc to be close to the adult version, how would I then add it to my mesh that I've already created? I tried adding it to the current new mesh package, and for some reason it made the whole hair package revert back to the default style...even the adult style.
So, I'm wondering, is there a special way to do this? If someone could direct me either to a link with more detailed instructions, or clue me in as to the specifics on how to go about this, I'd be very thankful.
I hope I've explained this clearly...Please let me know if I can clarify at all.
Thanks so much.
-RabidAngel
Also, I hope this is in the right forum...It was either this one, or the skinning area....If it needs to be moved, I will not be offended, lol.

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 10:59 PM
Here is what I do -

1} Make up a MESH .package for the Adult hair as pre Brianna's tutorial
2} Link this to the Adult, Young adult, and Elder in the BodyShop .package
3} Edit in 3d editor, etc...
=======
4} Make up another MESH .package for the Teen - this must have a different name than the adult (I just add "teen" to the adult mesh name)
5} Link this to the Teen in the BodyShop .package
6} Edit this in 3d Editor

========================

Now I put both Mesh .packages and the BodyShop .package in the game, and test to make sure all is working. Once everything is good, I combine the mesh .packages like this:

1} Open Teen mesh .package and Export all 4 files into a work folder
2} Open the Adult mesh .package
3} Add all 4 of the Teen mesh files
4} Save immediately - do NOT fix integrety - that will change all the numbers.

===================

Now only the Adult mesh .package is needed - I remove both the separate MESH .pacakges, and put this combined one into the game and make the recolors.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 1:44 AM
Thank you so much, Dr. Pixel...that makes perfect sense.
I'll try it out tonight.
As always, you've been so helpful.
-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com