Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 10:00 PM
Default Unable to weld parts mapped separately...
This is a recurrent problem for me, sometimes I manage to fix it, but for some meshes nothing works...

I made new boots for my bodybuilder mesh, but no matter what I try I can't fix the infinitesimal slits appearing between parts mapped separately on my texture (using LithUnwrap). Although everything is regrouped I can't weld the vertices together, which shouldn't be a problem since they share the same assignments - but for some reason it shows on the animated sims.

Nothing obvious enough to clearly show on a pic, but still it seriously bugs me ...

Redoing everything almost from scratch (but after the uv-mapping) worked with my former boots mesh, but I have no idea what I did then that I didn't try for these ones!

Any idea would be welcome...

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:14 AM
are you using any software?
sorry i have no clue what youre talking about
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 8:35 AM
Sorry, I guess some precisions would be useful...

I'm using Milkshape with Wes_h's Body Chop plugins. I make the new parts separately as obj. files and uv-map them with LithUnwrap before importing them in the gmdc file, then i triplicate them, regroup one exemplary with each body group , assign everything to the same texture and assign the vertices to the skeleton.

I can totally admit that vertices with different uv-coordinates can't be welded, but vertices with the same position and the same joint assignments shouldn't move separately in game? And why does it work sometimes?

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2