Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1526 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 7:32 AM
That world looks great. Looks like Red Dead Redemption's mexico deserts. I hope we get that world soon.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1527 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Ok... before people get upset... Gambling is, actually, a Showtime skill (I think used in pool and.or dominoes) but it's hidden.

All this did was add it to the tab of real skills. Since I don't have the lot, I don't know if the two work in tandem.

Doesn't matter. Maybe it's there in the gamefiles and it's only just "coming out". But I still stand firm that a store item should not be the thing to add it to the skills tab.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#1528 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 3:48 PM
A Sim would build the skill regardless, only now you see it. It's the same thing. It's, literally, the same as the LL crystal tree building various skills, or a child or toddler building skills without the tab. It's not all that big of a deal.

Also, why does EA keep giving us desert palms. Desert cacti are far more useful, and needed.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#1529 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 6:13 PM
When we get seasons (IF we get seasons ) I want a major swimming pool overhaul for summer time. I'm thinking some sims 2 style water slides, diving boards, maybe a jacuzzi that can be attached to the pool so sims can go from swimming to relaxing, toys like inflatables that sims can lie on or toss around, the ability to race each other up and down, swimming skill, marco polo, mini paddling pools for toddlers etc. For winter I'd like to see the return of those snowboard slopes from the original sims and maybe an outdoor heater thing so my sims can have winter barbecue parties!
Test Subject
#1530 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 5:31 AM
Sims Vip reported a "Supernatural" EP as leaked by Amazon Italy.
Top Secret Researcher
#1531 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
A Sim would build the skill regardless, only now you see it. It's the same thing. It's, literally, the same as the LL crystal tree building various skills, or a child or toddler building skills without the tab. It's not all that big of a deal.

Also, why does EA keep giving us desert palms. Desert cacti are far more useful, and needed.

For the less savvy people who don't know this will go "Omg, A new skill!" and buy it. It's fail on EA's part to promote the store.

But yea, why not cacti?!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#1532 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:35 PM
I want an interaction expansion. Maybe they can call it "The Sims Social" or something and make parties, outings, dates etc better.

Change the rabbitholes to have options. How hard would it be to open some rabbitholes (if it isn't possible due to the open neighbourhood mechanics, could you do a very small loading screen instead? but give both options perhaps?) I guess what I mean is you could perhaps have a door you can "enter", that way you could be in the restaurant and do all the restaurant type stuff with lots of people. Then leave the option to also do it the rabiithole way for people who don't want to bother. I'm not sure how it'd work or even if technically it could work but it'd be darn cool!

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#1533 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 4:24 PM
This might be more suiting for TS4 than an expansion, but here it goes:

I'd like sims to be more varied with their personalities. want them to feel more like different individuals with different personalities, opinions and ways of seeing the world.

I feel like all sims are pretty much the same person, with different shells. Sure, they have some traits that separates them, but are still very much alike. They use pretty much the same body language when they interract with each other, they interract in pretty much the same ways (with the exception of "evil" type sims that might use insults more frequentely) etc.

I don't find the whole moodlet-thing very helpful with this. A shy sim might get a bad moodlet for being around people, but it won't show. The sims will look just as neutral as any other, talk about the same things, using the same body language etc as a charismatic sim. If I see a crowd of sims, there are very few traits that I can spot just by looking at how they act. Sure, a flirty sim might use flirty interractions more often that a non-flirty, but other than that, it feels as if everything just goes down to numbers.

Like how many percents chance there is for a sim to use a certain interraction, based on their traits. How many percent faster it will be to level up a skill based on their traits. How many percents chance a sim will have to cook an outstanding meal compared to a good one based on their traits. And so on.

I wish there was more to it. A shy sim could talk slower and quieter, having a closed up body language, react awkward to certain topics, while an energetic sim would gesticulate like crazy, talking loudly, jump into discussions about any topic etc. A shy sim might open up in time when s/he's close to someone, while an energetic sim might calm down in the right company.

It would be interesting to add some challenge to the whole social deal aswell. We have "favorites" that merely acts as a way to recieving an extra moodlet bonus. Add some dislikes aswell. Heck, add a slider for wether other sims generally view your sim as attractive or not. Add favorites based on traits! "My sim is attracted to ambitious people, and loaths slobs".

I don't know if its just me, but I feel that creating sims and creating relationships between them is a big aspect of what makes the game fun. I wish that sims would be more colourful and different from each other to add some extra flavours to that part of the game. As it is now, the most important part generally is how they look, as it adds more to how you can imagine their personalities to be, rather than what their actual traits tells about them.
Top Secret Researcher
#1534 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 7:58 PM
I would like more life stages. Somewhere between adult end elder, and between toddler and child.

Rushifell: I feel sad now. You put into words something I haven't been able to point out was lacking. Now I feel sad because the game is so shallow, and the only upgrade we would see would maybe see in TS4.

Mad Poster
#1535 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 11:46 PM
Seems like a step backwards from TS2 actually, as you could actually tell a shy Sim from and outgoing Sim by watching the body language.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#1536 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 6:44 AM
First time posting. This thread is just perfect for what I've been thinking. For a seasons expansion, I'd really like for them to have new traits. Warm-blooded and cold-blooded. If it's summer time, warm-blooded sims would get a negative moodlet because they are hot, and opposite for the cold-blooded ones.

I'd like to see them add more chores. Mowing the lawn, and raking leaves, shoveling the driveway. Moodlets for that too. (Feels accomplished from doing housework or something).

Plus, you'd have to change your Sim's outfit for each season. Get moodlets like "Is too exposed. From cold weather." "Is too warm. From hot weather." Let's try sunburned and chapped skin too if they've been outside too long. Go farther and get heat stroke and hypothermia.

Add ice cream cones or icepops or both. Perfect with hamburgers right? Plus, I want my puppies to play fetch in the pool. Too fun I think.

You know what... EA should start paying me the bucks. xD
Test Subject
#1537 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:42 AM
Default under the sea and stone age
first time posting! i would love to see sims 3 under the sea (with mermaids, sharks, and other sea life) and sims 3 stone age (with dinosaurs, caveman outfits, rock houses) or maybe even a sims 3 eras/decades stuff pack (with popular stuff from the 20s to the 90s or higher. poodle skirts, hippie outfits etc. or maybe even colonial stuff too. i'm thinking pride and prejudice dresses and outfits, powdered wigs, scandal if they woohoo and get pregnant before marriage). i realize they have the sims medieval but its not an expansion to the base game of sims 3. i would also like to see a holiday/wedding/celebration stuff pack.

also, to the post above me, we already have ice cream. an ice cream truck comes around in the pets expansion.
Mad Poster
#1538 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:45 PM
You know what would be great? If EA released more modern shells for the players to build with. Seeing as we currently can't build past 5 floors (which ridiculous) I limits the game dramatically. Shells are a decent replacement, but only having metropolitan shells is a bit of a drag, especially when city building. Modern style shells for condos would be really nice, in my opinion.

Test Subject
#1539 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:39 AM
I'd like to see an Ikea stuff pack like they had for the Sims 2. I'd also like to see a combined washer/dryer (like they have in condos) and double strollers for twins.

As for the clothes, some more swimwear would be nice as well as a nautical theme for summer.
Test Subject
#1540 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 4:42 PM
Medical Stuff, like wheelchairs, casts, crutches, SICKNESSES, and disorders. :D
Test Subject
#1541 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:40 AM
I really think they should benefit from expanding more on the community aspect of The Sims 3. There aren't very many proper shops. For TS1, we had Hot Date, which not only allowed Sims to date at restaurants, but we had places to shop. TS3 has a lack of shops, like clothing shops for example. It would be cool if we had more of a downtown shopping feel to the game. We need more functional shops and locales. Examples (including ones we already have): Diner, Restaurant, Fancy Restaurant, Movie Theater, Clothing Store (varieties), Bakery, Candy Store, Magic Store, Pet Shop (with an addition of small pets like lizards, turtles, hamsters, rats, etc.), Cafe, Bookstore/Library, Museum, Laundromat, Bars (varieties), Parks, Flower Shop, Movie Store, Music Store, Grocery Store, Public Spa, Auto Parts Store/Car Repair, Farmer's Market, Clubs (varieties), Toy Store, Magic Arena (maybe in Supernatural?), Outdoor Sports Venue, Sporting Goods Store, Ice Cream Parlor, Collectibles Store, and probably even more. We should even be able to make a mall with all of these stores in them. Other features include starting your own businesses, whether it would be baked goods, designing clothes, composing music, etc. Now, as for a name, I have a bunch

The Sims 3: City Life
The Sims 3: Shopping Spree
The Sims 3: Money Matters
The Sims 3: Back to Business
The Sims 3: Downtown
Mad Poster
#1542 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:09 AM
^ We have quite a few of those. It's limited to just the register (shame), but it is there.

Forum Resident
#1543 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 11:10 PM Last edited by chreai : 16th Jul 2012 at 7:55 AM.
Things that I've thought of that could be put in Sims 4 or future TS3 EPs:
  • Biking around town adds to the athletic skill. Why this has not already been implemented is beyond me.
  • Sports. I want my Sims to be able to play baseball and football games with other Sims instead of just playing catch! (and other sports too, of course) I was actually shocked and disappointed at the limitations of the ball when I first had a Sim use one.
  • Being able to have bands with singers <----Why couldn't this have been added with Showtime?
  • Being able to go for strolls around town with other Sims. It would build the athletic skill and would also fill the social need.
  • Sims are able to swim in lakes, ponds and rivers. Another wonderment of mine as to why Sims can't already do this.
  • Water sports such as boating, sailing, tubing, skiing, scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, parasailing, canoeing, kayaking. (I realize some of those would be hard to implement into the game, but even a few water activities would be great.) Jet skis would also be available. In addition, it would be nice to be able to fish from a boat. And to have islands that can only be gotten to by ferry, or similar transportation, would be cool too.
  • amusement parks and carnivals! 'nuff said. And, along those lines, how about a circus?
  • community festivities in relation to holidays: fireworks, bbqs, parades (tho I'm not sure how that would be doable), etc. Perhaps they could work like special opportunities. They could have NPCs that are in charge of certain events and a notification could pop up saying that, e.g., "a bbq is starting at such-and-such park in celebration of such-and-such Day." And there could be some random themed festivals just for the fun of it, similar to, for example, the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Tho, considering that at RenFest there are a ton of food stands, shops, and stage performances, as well as palm readers and face painters and such, that sort of festival could be a type of carnival, I suppose. The ability to build your own carnival would be an awesome bonus!!
  • The dancing skill would be an active skill instead of a hidden one. This would also result in a new LTW for a Sim to become a professional dancer. Level gains would unlock new, cooler dance moves. Again, why EA hasn't already done this baffles me. Ideally, this would have been added to Showtime as well.

Anyways, these are just a few of my ideas and I will most likely be adding to the list in the future.
Lab Assistant
#1544 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 6:35 PM
Maybe The Sims Studio can create an Expansion Pack called The Sims 3: Hobbies, which is similar to The Sims 2: Freetime and they could add sports like soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey, and baseball. They could also add sewing and more instruments. Finally, I think they should reintroduce sickness such as chicken pox, fever, and flu and acne to add medicine, Grandma's Comfort Soup and acne cream.
Forum Resident
#1545 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote:
They could also add sewing and more instruments.

Yes! I love this idea. This would have been a nice addition to Ambitions for the stylist profession, or even a separate fashion design career, where you can put on fashion shows and sell your line of custom clothing at the consignment store. There could be special outfits that unlock with each new level. That would be a very cool career indeed! Doubt it'll happen for TS3 but maybe for TS4.

On a separate note, I'm wondering why EA, with Generations, gave children the ability to dream and either have good dreams or nightmares, but adults can't do this. Adults should be able to have dreams too, I think.
Mad Poster
#1546 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:54 AM
At least children can something that adult can't, for once. :vlol:

Test Subject
#1547 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:06 AM Last edited by Rare Blue Skittle : 3rd Aug 2012 at 9:31 AM.
Ever wanted to create a lavish apartment complex to house all of your Sims without the burden of having to go to far for social stimulation? Wish your Sim could have their own studio place without the bothers of the world? Well now your Sims can with The Sims 3: Community Living Expansion Pack! When your teenage Sims grow up to become Young Adults and head to a University, they need a place to stay! You can now create large dorms, either divided by gender, or unisex dorms, for your Young Adult Sims. However, dorm rooms can be expensive, especially if your Sims are only in school and have a part time job, and your Sims are subjected to tuition fees. However, if they rent a studio apartment, their cost will drop dramatically. Your Sims can either rent a studio or penthouse apartment, or a basic multi-room apartment, or can look at your town's bulletin board to see if their are any rooms for rent at a house or apartment complex. But families and single Sims can also rent an apartment or room as well. A bachelor Sim can rent an apartment, A pair of sister Sims can rent an apartment together, or maybe your elderly Sims prefer to move into a retirement home so they can get away from the family that continually treats them like kids, and more as the possibilities are endless! You also have a new career path as a "landlord" however, if you treat your inhabitants badly in the complex you own or manage, you may be given the title of "slumlord" instead! In this career path, you must work on maintenance problems, answer the needs of your Sims, and make sure everyone pays their rent on time! You can create a total of 16 units per apartment complex, each with their own families. Your dorms can be up to 10 rooms per dorm, with up to 3 Sims in a room. Hesitant about creating apartments? No worries! Buena Vista Acres features pre-built apartments, studio, and penthouse locales so you can see what communal living is all about!

Other Possible Names:
The Sims 3: Movin' Out
The Sims 3: Graduation
The Sims 3: Communal Life
The Sims 3: Apartment Life
Test Subject
#1548 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 5:14 PM
Already started a thread similar to this, but I'm posting this here because it's relevant to the topic I made this out of boredom, and it's not really a solid idea but it could work.

The idea: We could pick out some of the best mods/objects on MTS, put them together and make a setup file that extracts the cc into the "mods" folder. It's basically a fake stuff pack (which is why I called it Custom Stuff)

Lab Assistant
#1549 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 12:32 PM
I really do hope EA makes a proper Open for Business EP. The possibilities of a business gameplay with TS3's open world sounds really awesome to me.

I know that TS3 is already on 8 EPs (2 are yet to be released) and there's a lot of talk that Seasons might be the last one. But still I'm very hopeful that we would have OFB before TS3 says goodbye...after that I can die happy!

I said a bow string, not a G -- oh, never mind.
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#1550 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 12:57 PM
... and proper apartments. Dear god EA, give me apartments.

I'm sick of having to fence everything in

Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 62 of 67