Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated April 8 Recolors Brasstex's Arabian, Castle, & Monstery Roofs

by dewshine Posted 5th Apr 2005 at 2:17 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2005 at 6:45 PM by dewshine : Adding more sets and pictures

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 2:34 AM
Hi Dew =)

Thanks heaps for making Brasstex's gorgeous pieces recolourable and for doing the recolours it is very much appreciated =)

As for those freezers - I remember trying to recolour them back when we were doing things manually - I tried 412342342 times and still couldn't get it right!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 5:09 AM
Well, I figured out why I didn't like the reflection. The game is using the test reflection that is green because I mis=named the "reflection-envcube" texture. So, As soon as I can get the game to stop rendering these colors with the wrong reflection I'll repost the corrected packages. I did a "copper" but it might be a touch too red. I think I'm gonna try a white and see if the correct name will make the game render the correct reflection!. Loverat, did you like that kinda wild look? Or would you perfer the pretty gold reflection I was originally going for?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 2:58 PM
Thank you Dewshine, these look great, I'm so glad you decided to do recolours of these domes, Brasstex did an awesome job with these, I love them, I can't stop giggling, because I'm having all these visions of what my neighbourhood is going to look like with all these brightly coloured Domes everywhere, Simmies Disney World, hehehe.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:38 AM
Well I have the reflective white and the metallic copper ready to go but the site says "can't find server" LOL...So I'm gonna go work on the gold again and see if I can't get it to wotk.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:42 AM
I loTve thTe golTd onTe's. ThanTks dewshine!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:49 AM
You really like the funky shine on those? They look like a bad acid trip dude! LOL. No really, the copper is much nicer here's a teaser pic. I hope I can add them soon.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 4:53 AM
yeah, those look great!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 7:21 PM
Well I still can't upload. But I am having fun posting pictures of what I've done. Here is what the gold was supposed to look like...yep it's done, but like the white and the copper I can't give you the files until the site is finished updating. Anyway you can drool over these and I'll go to work on my reflective black and gunmetal blue...Anyone have a color request?

Here is a daytime shot:

And a nighttime shot: (yes I have added the roof pieces from the Mountain Monstery set)
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 7:31 PM
*starts drooling* I definately want these!!! No more fooky looking roof on round buildings! Wooohooo!

At my computer looking in
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:03 PM
The new colors have been added to the first post.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:24 AM
This is totally awesome dewshine thanks very much! :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:23 PM
These are great!!! I'm going to download these right away!

Cant let the hubby see the copper ones... I swear he's obsessed with copper >.> <.<; he's an architechtual sheet metal roofer... XD
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 3:54 PM
LadyFaenya, what other metals does he do? I'm all ears for suggestions :D
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:27 AM
Wonderful recolours Dewshine, you've done a really great job on them, great big Thank You.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:38 PM
Added a new color
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 12:06 PM
Thanks Dewshine for the lovely variety. They are great! And of thanks to Brasstex for the great creations.

Born On The Fourth Of July
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:29 AM
The recolors of the castle roofs don't work in my game. All the other recolors work perfectly. Thanks you (and of course Brastex)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 1:37 AM
Um....really? do you have the enabled castle parts? (I'm assuming you do...but call this a checklist) Have you downloaded CEP 2.0? What other objects do you have that are cloned off the "Agressive Accents" column? Please provide more info so that we can find out why those recolors are not working for you. If you have the enabled castle parts you should have a teal recolor already.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 7:26 PM
Where can you get those chinese things?
Those behind the roofs, you can see them on top of page :smash:
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 7:28 PM
(on the picture)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 1:53 AM
those "chinese things" are the roof pieces for the mountain monstery set. the link is in the first post.
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Um....really? do you have the enabled castle parts? (I'm assuming you do...but call this a checklist)

I'm sorry. I was so sure I did but I didn't check my downloadfolder
They are beautiful!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 2:30 AM
Ruck Bogers, Thanks for responding. that makes my day :D
Does anyone still want other colors? I will make more if there's a desire for it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 1:12 AM
Wow, those roofs are so beautiful, I'm impressed how you can make those things...
Page 1 of 3