49 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#11901 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 4:48 AM
I think it would be interesting if on occasion when a major life event happened that the Sim reevaluates their life and makes significant changes. Things like losing their job, or a really significant loved one died (parent, sibling, spouse, lover, child) or even the birth of a their first child, or a marriage of one of their children. Maybe even have aspiration failure be a cause as well.

That (random?) reevaluation might change their personality, aspiration, turn ons/offs, LTW, etc. Something akin to the event making them take a hard look at their own life and them deciding that they needed to change the way they were living.

Maybe something along the lines of a Romance Sim suddenly converting to Family Sim. Or a Family Sim deciding that life is too short and they need to do experience more Pleasure. A Popularity Sim becoming a Knowledge Sim as they decide to contemplate the meaning of life. It wouldn't happen all the time but every now and then. Personality changes might affect their relationships positively or negatively. Changes in LTW might depict a change in their priorities.

Just something that shows that not all Sims are static in their personalities/LTWs/aspirations, etc once they become teenagers. Not everyone who decides what they want as a teen still hold those same values as an adult or elder.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11902 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:29 AM
I'm looking into figuring out how to make a mod that lets teens use the desperation animations (e.g. a Fortune teen might pan handle at the street) and get visited from the shrink like older sims do. Since I began playing, I admit, I was a little disappointed when I found out they don't do this. Sue me, I think it's funny.

Curious. With the allmenus cheat, even with all those interactions unlocked, not everything is available across the age groups (for example, two teens can't get engaged even with allmenus). But the desperation animations are available for teens, and they're voiced with the teen voices. Seems to me they were originally meant to be available from teen to elder, but this was changed to (young)adult to elder before the game was released.

I'd also be interested in a mod that lets teens and older with high interest in Toys use children toys. Like the Childish trait from the later games.

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#11903 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 20th Mar 2021 at 9:53 AM.
They actually can use toys but only selected ones. I have seen them play with toy robot and Sir Brick's Alot and use playground equipment.

My wish is that sims can remember their deceased loves (those who have memory of their death) and want to go mourn them.
Also that mourning affects ghosts and they don't come out for next 3 nights.
Scholar
#11904 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:50 AM
(Hopefully wishing this exists) but it would be cool when sims call to chat with my playable, theres a chance that after some socializing, a dialogue box pops up asking if they can drop by to hang. Theres a yes and no option for us to choose!
Mad Poster
#11905 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
(Hopefully wishing this exists) but it would be cool when sims call to chat with my playable, theres a chance that after some socializing, a dialogue box pops up asking if they can drop by to hang. Theres a yes and no option for us to choose!

This is vanilla game behaviour, but it happens very rarely. Maybe a mod to increase the frequency? I know it happens for chatting on the computer as well.

What I found myself wishing for today is a mod that affects whether or not sims would autonomously prank by their Playfulness score. I actually found that antiprankhack does half of what I want, but it's set at a threshold of 5 for all sims. What I'd like is one that sets it about 4/5 points for children (so only very serious children don't prank), 5 or 6 for teens, and 8 for adults (so that adults rarely ever prank unless they are "wacky".

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#11906 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 12:19 AM
A fixed mesh for these wings. Midge's fairy mod has two choices for wings, one being this, and another being smaller and less vibrant. Ofc I prefer these (big colourful), but the mesh is a giant square so it makes controlling a fairy (and especially a household of them, khm khm Summerdreams) a nightmare, since you're constantly clicking on the sim instead of things next to them. I wish the mesh were fixed...
Mad Poster
#11907 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 2:00 AM Last edited by grammapat : 27th Mar 2021 at 7:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I think it would be interesting if on occasion when a major life event happened that the Sim reevaluates their life and makes significant changes. Things like losing their job, or a really significant loved one died (parent, sibling, spouse, lover, child) or even the birth of a their first child, or a marriage of one of their children. Maybe even have aspiration failure be a cause as well.

That (random?) reevaluation might change their personality, aspiration, turn ons/offs, LTW, etc. Something akin to the event making them take a hard look at their own life and them deciding that they needed to change the way they were living.

Maybe something along the lines of a Romance Sim suddenly converting to Family Sim. Or a Family Sim deciding that life is too short and they need to do experience more Pleasure. A Popularity Sim becoming a Knowledge Sim as they decide to contemplate the meaning of life. It wouldn't happen all the time but every now and then. Personality changes might affect their relationships positively or negatively. Changes in LTW might depict a change in their priorities.

Just something that shows that not all Sims are static in their personalities/LTWs/aspirations, etc once they become teenagers. Not everyone who decides what they want as a teen still hold those same values as an adult or elder.

===
And on that note...I usually make a teen want friends or romance (or both), unless they are going to college, in which case I may make them knowledge. But when they reach the "you sim can change aspirations" I change them to knowledge, money, or (if they've found their future spouse) family.
====
"disagree"? You are not allowed to disagree WITH WHAT I DO. Maybe YOU don't do this, but I DO.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11908 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 5:58 PM
Yep, I change my sims' aspirations, part way through uni, when they age from a teen to adult if they didn't go/complete uni, and then after any significant life event (which is at my discretion) but examples of significant events have been: Divorce, death of a spouse/child, death of one's family as a teen, loss of a treasured job in such a way the story dictates they can't go back to it, witnessing something outside of their previous experience, complete aspiration failure for one reason or another, financial destitution.

I have a different random generator for teen aspirations - they are more likely to be popularity, pleasure, cheese or romance compared to adults and adults are more likely to be fortune, knowledge or family. There are also different aspiration "tiers" based on whether they did go to uni or not.

I use secondary aspirations so there are 49 potential combinations and it's rare that a sim will change completely - usually they'll keep one aspect of their previous personality for life.

TBH I am not sure I would want a mod for this as it is so nuanced!

Mad Poster
#11909 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 8:30 PM
How about a mod that allows sims to jump in and climb out of the pool WITHOUT the need for ladders, slides, or diving boards? Yes, drowning sims can be fun, but some would like a more realistic pool where you don't have to use boards, slides, or ladders to get in or out.
Mad Poster
#11910 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How about a mod that allows sims to jump in and climb out of the pool WITHOUT the need for ladders, slides, or diving boards? Yes, drowning sims can be fun, but some would like a more realistic pool where you don't have to use boards, slides, or ladders to get in or out.

That would be nice if only for saving space, but very unrealistic. Any real pool I've seen has a ladder and a diving board. Humans are smarter than pixels, true, but even they can't shoot out of pools at 80 mph like Superman.

Although it would be fun.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11911 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That would be nice if only for saving space, but very unrealistic. Any real pool I've seen has a ladder and a diving board. Humans are smarter than pixels, true, but even they can't shoot out of pools at 80 mph like Superman.

Although it would be fun.

Shoot out of pools? Can't humans climb out of pools? I never suggested to make Sims shoot out of pools like that - just climb out like they do when playing Marco Polo.
Mad Poster
#11912 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 3:15 AM

Really? The first big disappointment of Sims 3 for me was that sims had that ability, and you couldn't do the classic delete the pool ladders thing anymore.
Alchemist
#11913 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 1st Apr 2021 at 5:06 AM.
Totally agree! Never thought I'd find someone else who'd think the same on that one. One of the more minor pet peeves I have of TS3 is that I find sims harder to kill. Or at least it's less intuitive for me.

BTW, @HobbesED did you ever check out Piqiwi's Mood Swing + Midlife Crisis? It's not exactly like you want, and I don't think it's tied to life events, but it's probably as close as we can get for now. At the very least it'd probably be a good start for another mod.

ETA: And yeah, now that I think about it, the pool thing exists, too! JDacapo check out Ankoyume's In-And-Out Invisible Pool Spot.

ETA2: @yourfriendmichelle (not sure if the @ works when editing, but eh). Like Annaminna said, older sims can already play with some toys, and some animations for things are there because they can join kids and toddlers in playing. So you could try enabling the toys you want for autonomous use by adults, etc. and advertising to the playful motive. iCad has an Autonomy/Motive Tutorial.

If you use the traits project, there's also Hexagonal-Bipyramid's Still a Child at Heart, which does enable some toys for teens and up, and changes who's attracted to OFB toys. I also found Twirl Spin and Wobble Enabled for Older Sims and Xylophone Enabled for Older Sims by Squinge.

JellyMeduza did unlock desperation animations for sims with the Insane trait, but I don't know if that's for teens as well. (I'd ask JellyMeduza or Midgethetree for modding advice on this. I have a love hate relationship with the MTS modding forum. On the one hand, I love that it exists and it can be a great resource. On the other hand, hardly anyone posts there, especially nowadays. You're usually better off finding someone willing to answer modding questions and asking them directly. Or hoping someone in the Stupid Random Questions thread knows what you're talking about.)

Anyway, with Maybesomethingdunno's Beg For Money - interaction, teens can panhandle.

Also, for HobbesED, I forgot Simler90 has Mood Mod which makes it so that the aspiration meter (and memories, if you install that version) affects sims' mood, Immaturity Mod which lets older sims act immature or lash out if their aspiration score is low, and Aspiration Failure Mod, which makes it so that whenever a sim goes into aspiration failure, their long-term aspiration is decreased.

And you'd think I'd learn to read the whole page before posting first. If I had a catchphrase, it'd be "There's a mod for that!"

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11914 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Really? The first big disappointment of Sims 3 for me was that sims had that ability, and you couldn't do the classic delete the pool ladders thing anymore.

Well, that's why I want it to be a choice. Some people like to drown sims, some want a little more realism.
Instructor
#11915 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 10:03 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 6th Apr 2021 at 9:39 PM.
I'd like sims to have their own favorite mug they use to use to drink coffee / hot chocolate. And change it in-game of course as often as they want.

edit : coming soon

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#11916 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 6:43 AM
Maybe something that makes the Grim Reaper spawn a clone that does all the reaper-duties and would be safe to befriend and make playable - basically like the reapers from Sims 3 and Sims 4.
Mad Poster
#11917 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 11:00 AM
Maybe something that makes the Grim Reaper spawn a clone that does all the reaper-duties and would be safe to befriend and make playable - basically like the reapers from Sims 3 and Sims 4.

You can make a clone of the Grim Reaper by making one in CAS-there's one on this site, which you can safely put in your game:
https://modthesims.info/d/196699/grim-reaper.html

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Alchemist
#11918 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 1:17 PM
A lot trait system that works with the visitor controller would be nice. You could make upscale, mid tier, cheap, and seedy places and ban certain Sims from showing up as unplayables.
Top Secret Researcher
#11919 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 11:57 AM
I changed the day of the week in a certain household from (eg) Monday to Wednesday. But now everytime at midnight when (eg) Thursday should become Friday it switches back to Wednesday so every time I need to use the insiminator to change the day of the week again.
I'd wish there would be a fix for that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#11920 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I changed the day of the week in a certain household from (eg) Monday to Wednesday. But now everytime at midnight when (eg) Thursday should become Friday it switches back to Wednesday so every time I need to use the insiminator to change the day of the week again.
I'd wish there would be a fix for that.

There is a download here to permanently change the day of the week and it does not revert back.

https://modthesims.info/d/318007/day-setter.html

Mad Poster
#11921 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 4:44 PM
LotSyncTimer by Pescado can also change the day permanently.

Beware, if you use the community time project mod, and you change the day, it can confuse the community timer so instead of sims being gone for say 5 hours, they will be gone for 2 days and 5 hours (or whatever). The way to get them back without waiting is to make sure debug mods is OFF, and then use the batbox to "force errors on off-world". That also forces anyone home from work at the same time.

(If debug mode is on, it doesn't break anything but you will be there for hours clicking reset on about 100 pop ups!)

Test Subject
#11922 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 5:15 AM
A mod that makes Sims with 0 neat points not care about their environment need, or disregard their hygiene like Bigfoot.
Mad Poster
#11923 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:38 AM
Budgies and lovebirds that are similar to the ones in the first Sims game - finger birds - and less like the BIG parrots that you feed crackers to. Right now, the only birbs available in Sims 2 are the big ones. Basically, I'd love to see a custom object cage that you can put lovebirds or budgies in. You can play with or watch the birbs, or even talk to them. Cats can try to get into the cage (and get scolded for hostility towards others).
Field Researcher
#11924 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 8:44 PM
If its possible, I would like TS3 to TS2 conversions of harvestables, especially BERRIES.
Lab Assistant
#11925 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 9:16 AM
a mod to add a browse and a special (fake) buy interaction to grocery stands so townies could make use of them too and even fake buy groceries. Townies can already browse clothing, magazines, videogames, even pets.
Page 477 of 576