Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11951 Old 10th May 2021 at 2:43 AM
I’d like a mod that either makes the “read novel” want less useless, or gets rid of the want altogether. When my sim rolled the want, I thought they just wanted to read a book on the shelf. But no.. they want to read a published novel. How often is one of those lying around the house?? Pfft.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11952 Old 10th May 2021 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I’d like a mod that either makes the “read novel” want less useless, or gets rid of the want altogether. When my sim rolled the want, I thought they just wanted to read a book on the shelf. But no.. they want to read a published novel. How often is one of those lying around the house?? Pfft.

I only ever get the chance to fulfill that want in a dorm. I keep dorms going for generations and usually at least one student has had time to complete a novel.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11953 Old 10th May 2021 at 3:46 AM

Then you have to have another pixel write one. That's what the 'read novel' or 'discuss novel' is about-the film and literature hobby is part of this. Once an author has produced a novel, you have someone buy or read it, and that's when the want is fulfilled. Also, the novel writing increases the creativity of the writer as well. Sometimes they do publish a best seller (not often though) and they get fears of writing a pulp novel.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#11954 Old 10th May 2021 at 1:47 PM

When your sim publishes a novel, you can do a little "cheat" glitch to duplicate it and give it away/sell it to others:

1. Put the book on an end table
2. Open sim's inventory, do not go into live mode from now on
3. Put end table with book into inventory
4. Go into rewards, then back to inventory
5. Take out end table, take off book, put end table into inventory again
6. Go into rewards, then back to inventory again
7. End table now has the book on it again in the inventory
Repeat 5-7 until you have enough books. When you're done, you can go into live mode again.

Side note, if you have multiples kinds of novels, only do this with one of them at a time, and save after doing it, because I found that the game can kind of make one novel turn into another.
Scholar
#11955 Old 10th May 2021 at 4:20 PM
I know all about having sims publish novels, but I think the “read a novel” want comes up too often, considering all the work a hood has to collectively put together to get one in your world.

Sorry for giving a disagree. It wasn’t that you were wrong, it was just that your reply missed the point of my wish. Maybe I didn’t explain it well enough before.

I play wants based — and my sims almost never want to write a novel, but everyone with a book case wants to read one. And considering the book case is full of books that they can’t roll wants for, this drives me crazy. Why not “Read a Cook Book” or “Read a Romance Book” or just “Read a book” instead of “Read a Novel”
Forum Resident
#11956 Old 10th May 2021 at 5:03 PM
I know all about having sims publish novels, but I think the “read a novel” want comes up too often, considering all the work a hood has to collectively put together to get one in your world.

Sorry for giving a disagree. It wasn’t that you were wrong, it was just that your reply missed the point of my wish. Maybe I didn’t explain it well enough before.

I play wants based — and my sims almost never want to write a novel, but everyone with a book case wants to read one. And considering the book case is full of books that they can’t roll wants for, this drives me crazy. Why not “Read a Cook Book” or “Read a Romance Book” or just “Read a book” instead of “Read a Novel”

Oh I see, well you do have a point, that want is quite common for what it takes to fulfill it. And weird too, like, was maxis thinking literature sims would just write novels and then read the same novels themselves? Or have all literature sims live in a commune producing works of questionable quality ("BENCH WE GON LEARN SHAPES") and reading them all themselves? Also that and writing novels are so small wants when considering writing a novel takes like fifty weeks.
Mad Poster
#11957 Old 10th May 2021 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
When your sim publishes a novel, you can do a little "cheat" glitch to duplicate it and give it away/sell it to others:

1. Put the book on an end table
2. Open sim's inventory, do not go into live mode from now on
3. Put end table with book into inventory
4. Go into rewards, then back to inventory
5. Take out end table, take off book, put end table into inventory again
6. Go into rewards, then back to inventory again
7. End table now has the book on it again in the inventory
Repeat 5-7 until you have enough books. When you're done, you can go into live mode again.

Side note, if you have multiples kinds of novels, only do this with one of them at a time, and save after doing it, because I found that the game can kind of make one novel turn into another.

You don't need to do this anymore, you can just use the sellable novels hack and they duplicate themselves when you restock them.
Mad Poster
#11958 Old 10th May 2021 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
that would be great :lovestruc I can imagine a secret party in a old lot in the middle of the forest :D

And before you know it you're playing Night in the Woods, the Simlish edition.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#11959 Old 11th May 2021 at 1:01 PM

Generally I let them read a regular book and then force fulfil the want. Because it counts, dammit!
Mad Poster
#11960 Old 11th May 2021 at 4:23 PM
Yes I have a sim author in my hood and her books get sold through one of the sim-owned stores. Slowly, people are acquiring copies!

I also make my journalist write novels to get her creativity points. I pretend they are biographies of all the famous sims in the hood, which is pretty fun.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#11961 Old 12th May 2021 at 1:40 AM
An actual multi-PT mod using the 16-PT template. Preferably including ugly, not-so-ugly, and the original one -- and maybe Mr Smith. Yes, I had the idea of trying to make one, but I haven't found 16 suitable Sims yet! I'm actually interested in multi-PT mods now, because the increased number makes the bother seem more worthwhile.
Lab Assistant
#11962 Old 12th May 2021 at 2:22 PM
I'd love a memory for whenever sims go into aspiration failure and have a mental breakdown. It would just be nice to have an actual memory associated with it, since that seems like something you'd remember if you went insane and talked to an imaginary therapist. I know I can make one myself, but I'm kind of surprised one doesn't already exist (that I could find).
Field Researcher
#11963 Old 13th May 2021 at 7:55 PM
I dont know if its possible but...I wish there were more bidy size types. In the game there are only tin and fat body size (ok FAT seems more like chubby), while you can get FIT when you work out. I wish there were more FAT and FIT bidy size types...or any more body size aditions. BUT! I want ACTUAL body size, not the size yoz get with cc cloth outfit.
Mad Poster
#11964 Old 13th May 2021 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
I'd love a memory for whenever sims go into aspiration failure and have a mental breakdown. It would just be nice to have an actual memory associated with it, since that seems like something you'd remember if you went insane and talked to an imaginary therapist. I know I can make one myself, but I'm kind of surprised one doesn't already exist (that I could find).

The closest that I've ever seen is Inge's prison set memories-she modded it to show that the pixel was busted and put in jail, and that showed up as a negative memory. I bet that would possibly work if the right syntax was used. Substitute 'put in mental institution' and somehow change it so the aspiration tanks when they are.

For reference, (in case you haven't seen this): http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Prison.htm
"WENT TO PRISON MEMORY
Gets added when a prisoner is sentenced. Makes them a bit upset.
"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#11965 Old 13th May 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I dont know if its possible but...I wish there were more bidy size types. In the game there are only tin and fat body size (ok FAT seems more like chubby), while you can get FIT when you work out. I wish there were more FAT and FIT bidy size types...or any more body size aditions. BUT! I want ACTUAL body size, not the size yoz get with cc cloth outfit.

It isn't even chubby. The "fat" option just gives guys a beer belly and women bigger breasts and wider hips. The arms and legs remain just as noodle-thin as in the "average" and "fit" versions. And "fit" is just a texture, it doesn't change anything about the actual mesh at all.

Sadly it is impossible to add additional (let alone dynamic) body shapes, the closest thing are the clothing-dependent "shapes" you already mentioned.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#11966 Old 14th May 2021 at 12:59 AM
Heck, even fat relies on creators actually adding fat morphs to their meshes, which is a step sadly far too many people still skip.
Forum Resident
#11967 Old 14th May 2021 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
It isn't even chubby. The "fat" option just gives guys a beer belly and women bigger breasts and wider hips. The arms and legs remain just as noodle-thin as in the "average" and "fit" versions. And "fit" is just a texture, it doesn't change anything about the actual mesh at all.

Sadly it is impossible to add additional (let alone dynamic) body shapes, the closest thing are the clothing-dependent "shapes" you already mentioned.

There are other body shapes. I have more than 40 different bodyshapes in my game ranging in size from 34A32 to Martaxl for adult females and Punk Junky to Martaxl for adult males.

And it might even be possible to have different shapes for fit, normal and fat for each body shape except for the fit adult male bottom. For whatever reason, Maxis didn't include a mesh for that. It uses the male normal bottom mesh for the fit state.

When skintones are linked, a mesh is assigned to each top and bottom. Typically when skintones are linked, the same mesh is used for each of the three fit, normal and fat states. However, if someone wanted to go to A LOT of trouble, they could create separate fit, normal and fat meshes for the tops and separate fit, normal and fat meshes for the bottoms. So it would require six different meshes (fit, normal and fat top meshes and fit, normal and fat bottom meshes PLUS six pregnant morph meshes to match them if you wanted pregnancy to show) in order to accomplish it. And even then it would only be for the true nude shape (e.g. in the shower) and not for clothing. Clothing is handled differently.

But yes, dynamic body shapes are definitely not possible in Sims2.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#11968 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:16 AM
Something to make post-OFB walls a bit thinner. I don't remember if it was Seasons or BV that thickened the walls but I hate how stupid-thick they are now. Why, EA, why?
Forum Resident
#11969 Old 14th May 2021 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Heck, even fat relies on creators actually adding fat morphs to their meshes, which is a step sadly far too many people still skip.

*Cough cough* Maxis and the waiter outfit *choke*
Theorist
#11970 Old 14th May 2021 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
There are other body shapes. I have more than 40 different bodyshapes in my game ranging in size from 34A32 to Martaxl for adult females and Punk Junky to Martaxl for adult males.

All of these are just limited to whatever clothes people create or modify for them. They aren't selectable at the "body shape" function in CAS, they aren't attainable in game (iirc) through exercising or over-eating (since they are linked to skin tones) and aren't recognized by the game as body shapes.

So no, there aren't other body shapes. There's just custom meshes linked to skins that emulate other body shapes. Which yeah, is still very good for people who are alright with working with the limitations the skin-linked meshes have, but they aren't functioning in the same way as the actual body shapes that came with the game.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#11971 Old 14th May 2021 at 3:56 PM
I'd like to see a community time fix that worked better (or at all) with University. RIght now it's simply disabled. Outside university hoods, community time is supposed to fix all the "extra" time you get by spending time on lots. This is how it should work on campus. Unfortunately uni time is all screwy. I hate that sending sims away from their dorm screws up their graduation time.

I think originally, the game was set up to keep the clock running when your sim left the dorm because Young Adults are the only sims who can skill off lot in an unmodded game. The developers didn't want you to exploit this by having your sim grinding skills off-lot, then going back to the dorm where time stood still and so you had plenty of time to max all your skills as long as you did it off lot. Now we have the "skill on community lots" mod so everyone can skill offlot. We have the community time mod, so nobody gets bonus time for grinding skills on community lots.

How should it work? Automatically FREEZE the college timer whenever sim left the lot. If you did this, community time would appear to work exactly the same on campus that it does in all the other hoods.
Alchemist
#11972 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Something to make post-OFB walls a bit thinner. I don't remember if it was Seasons or BV that thickened the walls but I hate how stupid-thick they are now. Why, EA, why?

The walls were thinner?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11973 Old 14th May 2021 at 7:58 PM
Do you mean that the walls-down walls are slightly taller? That only happens when there is snow on the ground.

The thickness of the actual walls has definitely 100% never changed.

Edit:

I'd like a mod that changes the sunset/sunrise times depending on the season. I'm kind of sad Seasons didn't add this. It would be cool to get sunset earlier in winter and later in summer.

Forum Resident
#11974 Old 14th May 2021 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
All of these are just limited to whatever clothes people create or modify for them. They aren't selectable at the "body shape" function in CAS, they aren't attainable in game (iirc) through exercising or over-eating (since they are linked to skin tones) and aren't recognized by the game as body shapes.

So no, there aren't other body shapes. There's just custom meshes linked to skins that emulate other body shapes. Which yeah, is still very good for people who are alright with working with the limitations the skin-linked meshes have, but they aren't functioning in the same way as the actual body shapes that came with the game.

I guess I'm unclear on what you are saying. The Maxis shape is the default but there are custom body shapes which can be used as default overrides as well.

Custom body shapes act just like the default Maxis shape in CAS which is to say the body shape is not displayed at all (unless you use Chris Hatch's True Nude in CAS mod). All fit, normal and fat states as displayed in CAS and in game are all determined by the clothing meshes the user selects and are independant of the body shape used.

So I'm not certain what the distinction is you are making between the Maxis shape and other body shapes. They are all linked to skintones using nude top and bottom meshes and a Sim's actual body shape (custom or Maxis) is never seen in game or in CAS without mods.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#11975 Old 15th May 2021 at 1:08 PM
I'm getting so sick of my musically-untalented sims torturing everyone on community lots I wish I could make mods. This is how I'd set up the checks:

- Sims who are Shy (less than 4 outgoing) don't perform unless their creativity is higher than 7
- Sims who are outgoing (more than 7 outgoing) may perform regardless of creativity skill
- Sims who are neither overly shy or outgoing don't perform unless creativity is higher than 4

Page 479 of 580