Replies: 11985 (Who?), Viewed: 757634 times.
Page 480 of 480
Forum Resident
#11976 Old 14th May 2021 at 9:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Heck, even fat relies on creators actually adding fat morphs to their meshes, which is a step sadly far too many people still skip.

*Cough cough* Maxis and the waiter outfit *choke*
Top Secret Researcher
#11977 Old 14th May 2021 at 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
There are other body shapes. I have more than 40 different bodyshapes in my game ranging in size from 34A32 to Martaxl for adult females and Punk Junky to Martaxl for adult males.

All of these are just limited to whatever clothes people create or modify for them. They aren't selectable at the "body shape" function in CAS, they aren't attainable in game (iirc) through exercising or over-eating (since they are linked to skin tones) and aren't recognized by the game as body shapes.

So no, there aren't other body shapes. There's just custom meshes linked to skins that emulate other body shapes. Which yeah, is still very good for people who are alright with working with the limitations the skin-linked meshes have, but they aren't functioning in the same way as the actual body shapes that came with the game.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#11978 Old 14th May 2021 at 3:56 PM
I'd like to see a community time fix that worked better (or at all) with University. RIght now it's simply disabled. Outside university hoods, community time is supposed to fix all the "extra" time you get by spending time on lots. This is how it should work on campus. Unfortunately uni time is all screwy. I hate that sending sims away from their dorm screws up their graduation time.

I think originally, the game was set up to keep the clock running when your sim left the dorm because Young Adults are the only sims who can skill off lot in an unmodded game. The developers didn't want you to exploit this by having your sim grinding skills off-lot, then going back to the dorm where time stood still and so you had plenty of time to max all your skills as long as you did it off lot. Now we have the "skill on community lots" mod so everyone can skill offlot. We have the community time mod, so nobody gets bonus time for grinding skills on community lots.

How should it work? Automatically FREEZE the college timer whenever sim left the lot. If you did this, community time would appear to work exactly the same on campus that it does in all the other hoods.
Theorist
#11979 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMposiast
Something to make post-OFB walls a bit thinner. I don't remember if it was Seasons or BV that thickened the walls but I hate how stupid-thick they are now. Why, EA, why?

The walls were thinner?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11980 Old 14th May 2021 at 7:58 PM
Do you mean that the walls-down walls are slightly taller? That only happens when there is snow on the ground.

The thickness of the actual walls has definitely 100% never changed.

Edit:

I'd like a mod that changes the sunset/sunrise times depending on the season. I'm kind of sad Seasons didn't add this. It would be cool to get sunset earlier in winter and later in summer.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Instructor
#11981 Old 14th May 2021 at 8:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
All of these are just limited to whatever clothes people create or modify for them. They aren't selectable at the "body shape" function in CAS, they aren't attainable in game (iirc) through exercising or over-eating (since they are linked to skin tones) and aren't recognized by the game as body shapes.

So no, there aren't other body shapes. There's just custom meshes linked to skins that emulate other body shapes. Which yeah, is still very good for people who are alright with working with the limitations the skin-linked meshes have, but they aren't functioning in the same way as the actual body shapes that came with the game.

I guess I'm unclear on what you are saying. The Maxis shape is the default but there are custom body shapes which can be used as default overrides as well.

Custom body shapes act just like the default Maxis shape in CAS which is to say the body shape is not displayed at all (unless you use Chris Hatch's True Nude in CAS mod). All fit, normal and fat states as displayed in CAS and in game are all determined by the clothing meshes the user selects and are independant of the body shape used.

So I'm not certain what the distinction is you are making between the Maxis shape and other body shapes. They are all linked to skintones using nude top and bottom meshes and a Sim's actual body shape (custom or Maxis) is never seen in game or in CAS without mods.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#11982 Old Yesterday at 1:08 PM
I'm getting so sick of my musically-untalented sims torturing everyone on community lots I wish I could make mods. This is how I'd set up the checks:

- Sims who are Shy (less than 4 outgoing) don't perform unless their creativity is higher than 7
- Sims who are outgoing (more than 7 outgoing) may perform regardless of creativity skill
- Sims who are neither overly shy or outgoing don't perform unless creativity is higher than 4

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Test Subject
#11983 Old Yesterday at 2:23 PM
I remembered something that occasionally nags me. I think it's definitely possible (especially with Sun & Moon over at Plumbob Keep) but I would love tendable llamas. Ones that you could feed, care for, harvest wool from, etc. I'm surprised no one has done it yet that I could find, but the functions have been created for other animals. The closest I could think of getting to replicating it myself would be to stick a life-like llama sculpture over a tendable sheep. I just want Patrizio Monty to be able to actually have his llama ranch, darn it!
What do I lack?
retired moderator
Test Subject
#11985 Old Today at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsfreq
I'm getting so sick of my musically-untalented sims torturing everyone on community lots

There's gummilutt's Music Autonomy Overhaul . Not as nuaced as your ideas - any Sim with Creativity 5+ can play - but it may save some sanity.
Forum Resident
#11986 Old Today at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHS0501
I remembered something that occasionally nags me. I think it's definitely possible (especially with Sun & Moon over at Plumbob Keep) but I would love tendable llamas. Ones that you could feed, care for, harvest wool from, etc. I'm surprised no one has done it yet that I could find, but the functions have been created for other animals. The closest I could think of getting to replicating it myself would be to stick a life-like llama sculpture over a tendable sheep. I just want Patrizio Monty to be able to actually have his llama ranch, darn it!

There are the llamas made by Strange Tomato, which are technically dogs, but I use them in place of llamas. This is a link to the brown one, but there's a link in that post to a spotted and a light one as well. Like I said, they're technically dogs, so you can't get fur from them or whatever, but they *are* llamas, kind of. Sometimes they bark, but that's because they're bilingual.
Page 480 of 480