Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Scholarship always at 1200?
Everytime my Sims gets done a semester they only get 1200 simoleons even though they scholarship got calculated over 3k? Do I understand scholarship wrong or is this a bug/conflic?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 9:12 PM
You mean the grant? 1200 is the max for the grant. If the dialog says something different you have something interfering with it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 10:46 PM
I mean when I look for scholarships when they are teens you get like 1500 for job lv.3, 700 for lv8 skills etc. which counts up to over 1200... Do I dont get these each semester?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 11:41 PM
No, the scholarship is only move-in money. How much money a sim gets at the end of each semester depends on grade performance. If you pull a D, you only get $500; if you fail, you get no money and go on academic probation. I don't remember how much a B is worth.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 10:49 AM
Ouuuh I'm stupid XD I havent looked at the money they start with cause they move into a free building anyway.. Thanks for explaining! Guess I calculated the Money for all to low...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 3:49 PM
Not stupid! We all overlook things and/or reason differently from the game creators. (See "What did you learn today?" thread in the community forum.) If you have enough scholarship money you can move straight into a residence instead of a dorm; but remember to leave enough for the first bill payment and correcting the sartorial disaster of growing up.

When they move back home, unless you have the game modded they will appear in the family bin with either the $20K handout or their household funds on graduation, depending on which is more. If you have multiple sims in a dorm or campus residence, everyone but the last one out will get the $20K handout, so it's possible, in a Greek house or with a steady enough supply of incoming freshman, for university households to accumulate a lot of cash in hand. Mods exist that will allow you to specify how much household money a graduate takes with them, to put grant money into the bank so you can have access to it on top of the $20K handout, to eliminate the $20k handout, to charge for tuition, etc. But it is important to understand the base mechanics before you go running to a mod, so you know exactly what it is you want, and that's one of the things we're here for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 7:30 PM
I think I have a mod that changed the money for students after they move to the home hood again... but cause I have a Dorm build for my Orphan Sims the Money runs together so I just use Familyfunds and count their scholarships together when they move to an apartment lot... just didnt took in count the starter money... Just made a 3k payment via the hacked computer cause I cant remember what who got rounds ago