Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Sims 2 RoboFileMaid 3000.

by mstybl95 Posted 9th Jan 2006 at 3:09 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:21 PM by Nysha

130 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Instructor
#126 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raven449
Thank You for the UAC suggestion. Fixed my no drag and drop problem!

Same here, thank goodness. And I had the same "lawn won't take any drag&drop's" problem with the Sims File Maid 2, and it fixed those two. Thanks so much, both these programs are huge time savers for CC junkies like me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 10:57 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:46 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#129 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:31 AM
it's not working in win8, and i can't shut uac off so i'm just here weeping.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 3:06 AM
thanx
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 5th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tmcs
Hi, I came across this thread (more than once) while looking for a resolution to a problem. I have Windows 7 (and Vista before) and was unable to get Sims File Maid AND/OR Sims ROboFileMaid 3000 to work. Drag and Drop did not work (I always got the 'not allowed' cursor symbol when I tried. By searching for just 'unable to drag and drop' and 'windows 7' I came across a page that helped. I am not sure I can post the link here, so I will relay the gist of the matter. It all relate to your User Account Control settings in Windows 7. Essentially, you cannot drag and drop from Windows Explorer into certain programs (especially those set to 'administrator privileges'), as it conflicts with those security settings. By either disabling or changing your user account control settings via control panel, you can make the drag and drop function work! I have tried it and have to say I LOVE the improvements to both programs!!! Just thought I would share this as I see several others had the same issue. And as far as I have found in my internet searches no one has foundthe solution (though a few wise Sims players here DID relate it to Windows 7 and Vista-which is what led me to the correct assumption, that it was specific to the operating system and not the programs.

Thank you for this! I googled instructions on how to allow my Windows 7 and Windows 10 on other laptop to drag and drop, and I got this working. I hope people who have problems having this working on Windows 7,8 and 10 would read comments, took me just few minutes to get it working and I love how easy it is to use!
Page 6 of 6