Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:05 PM
LMAO, my pregnant Sims keep wearing horribly inappropriate and skimpy stuff too D:

One of my Sims had a wonderful DERP moment after the birth of her daughter...

Mother. Of. The. Year.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM
Getting up in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason, with still half of the energy bar empty, to go stand by the toddler's crib to wake her up too.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 10:50 PM
- You gotta love the mentality of the sims especially when babies are concerned. Don't put them in the crib, or give them to another sim, just plonk them on the grass in the front yard then... go to work.

- The cleaner (maid) can be so keen to do her job that she even likes to make the bed while someone is still sleeping in it.

- The investigator career (ambitions) is great when you need to intervirew someone, however I had 3 other sims to take care of and when i sent my investigator off to interview a client, I only swiched back to him to see that he had broken into the clients house at 4am in the morning and was dragging them out of bed to ask about the job that needed doing. Talk about a perfect first impression to get repeat business.. "oh did I give you my card?"

- The imaginary friend (generations) yes, awesome little touch in the game, where only the person who has the friend can see him, not so awesome when he is getting down to the rough stuff with the girlfriend and the imaginary friend is standing at the foot of the bed watching like a pervert. That said, the way the imaginary friend follows your sim about absolutly everywhere and doesn't give him 5 minutes to himself, I do wonder if he gets jealous and wants to turn into an axe murdering chuckie when you bring a date home.

- Fires. Oh man these are awesome, yet frustrating, I have found that if you want to kill someone with fire, they always find a way to escape or avoid getting cornered, but hey, If your sim decides to put a newborn down on the floor in front of a stove while its cooking then go off to do something important... you know like GO TO BED, only to come back to find half the kitchen on fire along with the newborn baby, rather than rescue the child from the inferno, they prance around in panic like a bunch of special kids at a make a dream disco.
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by archamedes
- You gotta love the mentality of the sims especially when babies are concerned. Don't put them in the crib, or give them to another sim, just plonk them on the grass in the front yard then... go to work.

- The cleaner (maid) can be so keen to do her job that she even likes to make the bed while someone is still sleeping in it.

- The investigator career (ambitions) is great when you need to intervirew someone, however I had 3 other sims to take care of and when i sent my investigator off to interview a client, I only swiched back to him to see that he had broken into the clients house at 4am in the morning and was dragging them out of bed to ask about the job that needed doing. Talk about a perfect first impression to get repeat business.. "oh did I give you my card?"

- The imaginary friend (generations) yes, awesome little touch in the game, where only the person who has the friend can see him, not so awesome when he is getting down to the rough stuff with the girlfriend and the imaginary friend is standing at the foot of the bed watching like a pervert. That said, the way the imaginary friend follows your sim about absolutly everywhere and doesn't give him 5 minutes to himself, I do wonder if he gets jealous and wants to turn into an axe murdering chuckie when you bring a date home.

- Fires. Oh man these are awesome, yet frustrating, I have found that if you want to kill someone with fire, they always find a way to escape or avoid getting cornered, but hey, If your sim decides to put a newborn down on the floor in front of a stove while its cooking then go off to do something important... you know like GO TO BED, only to come back to find half the kitchen on fire along with the newborn baby, rather than rescue the child from the inferno, they prance around in panic like a bunch of special kids at a make a dream disco.

That was hilarious
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:45 PM Last edited by archamedes : 10th Jul 2011 at 12:01 AM.
I got a few more,

- The best is when you have a married couple, one is a highly decorated law enforcer, the other is halfway to becoming a cat burglar. Once the cop husband arrested his wife for being in the criminal career (hey its a risk of the job.) locked her up, then went home and got frustrated because he was lonely.

- Thank god we have the Gay Twilight vampires that defy all vampiric logic and just twinkle in the daylight. Problematic when they have the job as gardners, and the best way to deal with plants is watering them at dawn.

- Joined the firefighter profession, and yes the whole station was completely female, and not just female, but all frikkin old aged pensioner females with walking sticks. All good if you want to hear the seasoned advice of a professional firefighter, but bloody bad, when you seem to be the only person attending emergencies, while the rest sit at the station talking about colosotmy bags and vaginal dryness.

- Ghost hunter career, is really fun to do if you like capturing ghosts, performing excorsisms and basically ridding the world of spiritual beings, takes a strong willed and brave person to do such a job wouldn't you say? So why is it that when my ghost buster has a night off and the spirit of grandad steve makes her shit her pants when he comes to visit?

- I don't know if this was a bug or a mod reaction, but its never nice when you decide to have a pool party and halfway through the night your teen with the insane trait walks down and into the yard where said party is happening then proceeds to take a big steamy leak into the pool where all your guests enjoying themselves, only to wander back upstairs and play with a dollshouse as if nothing ever happened, oh the embaressment of you having to tell them all not to mind him, he's a bit special..
Mad Poster
#156 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 1:28 AM
GODDAMN IT LOL. Archamades, you make reading this thread dangerous!

In response to this bit specifically, though, I really would've thought Generations'd bring a bit more common sense with where to put babies. The Sim in my last post took the baby for a stroll in the pushchair to the library, then instead of, y'know, keeping the kid in said pushchair beside her library seat, decided to plonk the kid down outside. On the grass. On his own.

The sad thing is, this is the Sim I'm using for the A-Z children challenge. So she's not going to stop breeding (and popping out stupid kids?) for ages D:
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
My sim won't excavate digsites in Eygpt. She runs all the way out to the middle of nowhere, stomps her foot, and tells me there is something in the way. Unless there are invisible walls I can't see, I think my sim's lying to me.

Buzzler made a mod to fix this. it use to work and then EA borked it with the following SP/patch.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/411913
Field Researcher
#158 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:52 AM
my imaginary friend seems to have his own imaginary friend! i thought maybe he just had the 'insane' trait, but he honestly seems to be talking to someone else that i can't see all the time. he doesn't even bother with my actual sim that much anymore, except when he's scaring her and insulting her. /:
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:16 PM
Inception :L
Test Subject
#160 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:38 PM
This happen last year I think but anyway.

I was moving my sims to a new house in that one town where the Hemlock family live but moving on. My sim wife was holding a baby, feel the need to put the baby down and took the subway to the new house just to take the subway back to where she put the baby down and pick the baby up. I quit the game and started a new one in SV and you can see why I did that.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 9:38 PM
Hey all, remember I told you about the perverted imaginary friend who likes to watch you have nookie and just wants to get your lover alone so he can bury his knife in her gut? I managed to get a screenshot, what is worrying is he is more concerned about the rooms illumination than the actual woohoo.

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 9:51 PM
I would add a "Me Gusta" Face to that, but I can't be bothered XD
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM
One other thing I hate, however this probably isn't really a "WTF are you doing you moron?" moment but still, it is frustrating. When you do little bonus things like grow harvestables or write a book for someone, when you have completed your job, you get the option to deliver the objective like "deliver harvestables or deliver book." why does it take about 10 attempts to finally get them to speak to the required sim? they kind of drive all the way over to the person you need to delivere the items to, then just goes off on their own and read a book in the park or something.
Mad Poster
#164 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM
Oh God, I hate that too. It probably *does* count as a WTF ARE YOU DOING YOU RETARD thing because you tell them to go talk to whoever, and then they get distracted by something shiny, forget what they were *supposed* to be doing and just stand around picking their arse
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:09 AM
Hey all, remember I told you about the perverted imaginary friend who likes to watch you have nookie and just wants to get your lover alone so he can bury his knife in her gut? I managed to get a screenshot, what is worrying is he is more concerned about the rooms illumination than the actual woohoo.

It would have been hilarious if the imaginary friend had the rocket ship in his thought bubble.

This scenario doesn't require explanation... a screenshot says all that can be said...

or this one...

Put some clothes on ffs.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:10 AM
It gets really annoying when you have a sim in the PI profession and you go back another sim after telling him to go interview the client or suspect, only to turn back to him and find out he hasn't done it!!! Grrr.

Also, on the topic of weird things, this is a glitch I've had in my game since installing Generations, and I wonder if anyone else has had issues with it. On Large fire Jobs, if you cut away to another sim or leave the property either by stupid sim or accidentally, as anyone noticed that when you go back you no longer have the interaction to break down doors to get inside and rescue the sims and finish the fire? I've had it happen in numerous times in Bridgeport, Barnacle Bay and Sunset Valley and a downloaded version of Sunset Valley that adds more space and a few other things. Has this happened to anyone else?
Theorist
#167 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDarkNinja
What really annoys me is when my sim gets an invitation to a party, so I show up at the house at the proper time, only to find out there's no way to get into the house.

I mean this quite literally, if I try to click on the house to get in no options appear.

To top the stupidity off, when my sim gives up and leaves because no one else is standing around outside the sim who invited them to the party in the first place thanks them for coming!

I've been having that problem since I patched my game. The latest one. I don't have Generations yet.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#168 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:53 AM
That;s because the house is automatically opened. Just hit PgDown to shift through the levels until the ground level is visible

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Forum Resident
#169 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:15 PM
Everyone eats nachos with a fork?

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:39 PM
lol depends on the nachos, however my sims do seem to have asbestos skin with the way they pull out sizzling oven trays with their bare hands.
Scholar
#171 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:54 PM
I will eat nachos with a fork if the chips are all crumbly, and I usually use a spoon/fork to put the sour cream/salsa/guacamole on the chips. Thanks brillo_pad, now I want NACHOS! (At least I'm having another favourite tonight, Chicken Caesar salad)
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:14 PM Last edited by archamedes : 12th Jul 2011 at 11:07 AM.
The Sim version of me decides to pay the local bit of totty a good seeing to while the wife is out, and after seeing the newborn for the first time, I decide that she needs another one to clock up enough benefits to get out of her one room studio flat. So then this happened, I hope nobody calls the social services

edit update: I thought rather than make a double post, I thought I would add a bit more here, after all i have spammed the hell out of this thread already, but has anyone noticed that the vampire sims, have reflections in mirrors? I have seen a lot of sims vampiure mods and tweaks, but i havent seen this one being brought up, I assume it may be difficult or impossible to remove people from reflections due to raytracing restrictions, but still the vampires in twilight have completely raped and pillaged the genre to bits, so maybe its a modern thing.
Forum Resident
#173 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 2:27 AM
I am sick and tired of my Sim telling her children to do their homework, *while they're doing their homework*... especially since the first thing all of them do when they get home is do their homework, every day. She does it to all 5 of her children. Every single day. That's one of the main reasons I send them to boarding school as soon as they hit their teen years lol I've had this happen in other families, but never to this extreme.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishGrace
I am sick and tired of my Sim telling her children to do their homework, *while they're doing their homework*... especially since the first thing all of them do when they get home is do their homework, every day. She does it to all 5 of her children. Every single day. That's one of the main reasons I send them to boarding school as soon as they hit their teen years lol I've had this happen in other families, but never to this extreme.

The most annoying thing about this is I can't seem to find the tuning file to disable parent sims from doing that. I've searched everything I can think of that it would be named. -.-
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:03 AM
When you leave a group of Sims alone for five seconds, and then come back and they're all reading... UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH
Page 7 of 321