Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 11:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can you connect/pin created or downloaded townies to a certain sub-hood?
This may be a weird question. But I am curious if you can CONNECT/PIN townie sims (either created by player or downloaded) to certain subhood? Lets say I created some townies that I want to appear in a custom sub-hood. I want to know if I need a mod for that (like VISITOR CONTROLLER) or not. Can you help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 12:51 AM
Only Downtown and the vacation neighborhoods have townies specifically connected to it, and that's really only because there are special families for those townies. All other townies are part of the same family.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 5:11 AM
I don't know if there's a way to make that happen. The mod Local Walkbys by Pescado makes the visitors to your lots be only those of the subhood. So, if you have Bluewater Village attached to Pleasantview, the sims from Bluewater Village won't walk by your Pleasantview's sims' homes, though they'll still show up in community lots (as we can imagine they took a cab or drove over there). However, I believe this mod only affects playable sims and not townies. I'm not sure, though! I've never used it. If you're up for trying it out, you could test and play around with it.

As said above, you can create townies that will be exclusive to Downtown, so if you're looking for that, then that is possible. I know there's different methods for making townies, but these are the only two that I use and they work fine:

1. Sim Blender
Sim Blender does a lot of things: summoning sims and adding them to different households, changing lifetime-wants, personalities, interests, controls pregnancies, and a lot more. One of those things is creating townies. Click on the Sim Blender, Family, Make me a Downtownie. That'll make the sim into a townie that'll only live in Downtown. There's also the option to "Make me a townie" and that is a normal townie.

2. Simlogical Teleporter for Apartments
This mod has less options, but when it comes to creating townies, it has even more! You can make townies, downtownies, tourists (they appear in all vacation hoods), locals of your vacation hoods (like tourists, they don't show up in the main hoods), and others.

Additionally, of course, townies in university will only appear in university, never anywhere else. If you want to create your own college townies you can use either of the methods above. Just turn them into normal townies, and they'll be made into college townies AND dormies, so you'll see them in the dorms, too.

Also, before I go! You can always just place your "townies" in a small lot in a hidden spot of your map. They won't actually be townies, but since you won't really play them, you could just pretend. With Pescado's mod, this will give you the exact effect you're looking for! Because they'll be playables, they'll only appear in the subhood you want them.

Hope this helps!
Screenshots