Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:25 AM
Default Tomb Raider 2012. OH YEAH
>_> I got really bored! So, I bring you this. And I do hope you all enjoy ^.^

Tomb Raider 2012 Game Play

I do not take credit for this video. All credit goes to the team of Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix and their bold step with the new Tomb Raider, the video is from G4's E3. And I am so glad that I watched it, I actually watched it when it was aired. And believe my jaw dropped and I squealed

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:40 AM
This looks pretty interesting, more in depth than Heavy Rain (easily) or that Batman game (I think). This could be a much better game than that Uncharted game, and I like the protagonist better easily. I think she gives me more of a sense of, oh god what if something happens to her (that guy creeped me out), than other video game protagonists. It even has platforming aspects like the others! I wonder if it will have any supernatural elements to it, though, or the two guns. Also I wonder if she has other supporting people that help with her injuries like Alister and Zip, or her butler. I think it looks very good so far.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:47 AM
I will admit I was mean to the butler...Shot at him, and locked him the huge freezer -.-" But he wouldn't leave me alone! So I did it o.o lol

But anyway, yeah I really can't wait. Its more survival than

"Hey look at my breasts, and watched shimmy over 100 feet in the air without falling!"

No, she actually gets hurt when falling, depicted when she fail on that pipe. I really can't wait. I would love to play it now, I count down the days. Fan? Yes. Obsessed? Yes. The concept in this game, is like no other. She needs to eat, she needs to drink. She needs to secure her wounds or bleed out. More Survival and with puzzles. Than just run around and pray to god that you don't get killed by a trap. And the graphics, are just amazing. There are no words to explain the graphics. I mean look at when Tomb Raider first came to the scene, those were amazing graphics then. But now?! Sheesh, those graphics back then look rather pathetic. Needless to say, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix really out did themselves. I do wish that Eidos was in on this project.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:57 AM
That butler always creeped me out, some grinning old guy always following you in your house. That guy should be on the list of top five characters that creep you out without even trying. I would like an unlockable mode where he would follow you into traps and stuff, and still return (it would be extremely creepy though, pedo butler). Well yeah it looks more in depth than other games, because if something happens, it happens and you can't drink a magic potion. That sounds to me like it could be one of my favorite games of all, cause it has:
1. Likable Protagonist that you want to protect.
2. Epic exploration, traps, areas, puzzles.
3. Realism and things that actually have big effects.
4. Scary enemies and some kind of combat, sneaking, and evading to go against them.
5. Retains memories of older games without getting clogged up by them.

(I always liked survival games where it seems inescapable and scary)

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:04 AM
Oh, I agree with you, that butler was a creeper. But in Tomb Raider III you got to shoot at him. :P

I agree with you on the reasoning as well. I mean the more in depth they went, you realized that oh my god Lara Croft is human after all. The only thing that really killed me in the other games, if I by accident pressed the action and fell to my death. Not seeing the pits, and fell to my death. Or the traps.

In the new game, it seems that every corner awaits you, it may be just your last. I read the Game Informer from Gamestop. And when that creepy guy comes, you have two options:

Kick him over and over again

Or

Go with him, and get stabbed. SPOILER. But that is what came in the Game Informer. I gotta say though, its weird not having Edios or Core on this project. But hey, they started it all, and Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix took it to a whole new level. And that I give them kudos. And I will always be a die hard Tomb Raider fan, and this game. Just watching how you have to climb your way out. In the old ones, you just slide down. This one, you actually have to FIGHT to survive.