Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 7:59 PM
Default Will there be a theme catchup event this year?
This isn't really an issue with the site, but I didn't know where else to ask. I know there haven't been any new themes this year (IMO it would have been a perfect time for some, since so many people weren't working, but that's the way it goes), but there are still the ones from before, and I can't be the only one who's been working on potential uploads for the remaining achievements they didn't get last year or earlier. Are we going to have a chance to get those like we did last year? Also, are themes retired or are there going to be more in the future?

pronouns: they/them
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
This isn't really an issue with the site, but I didn't know where else to ask. I know there haven't been any new themes this year (IMO it would have been a perfect time for some, since so many people weren't working, but that's the way it goes), but there are still the ones from before, and I can't be the only one who's been working on potential uploads for the remaining achievements they didn't get last year or earlier. Are we going to have a chance to get those like we did last year? Also, are themes retired or are there going to be more in the future?
Hey there!

We've actually been super busy with the queue currently. Because so many people, as you mentioned, have time off and aren't/weren't working, people started uploading more. Which is awesome of course and we've seen a lot of cool stuff! But with the current manpower, it caused a lot of delays too in our moderation progress. So that had been our main focus these couple of months to catch up on all of it.

Now I do agree that this year would have been an amazing year for themes, but it would have put too much pressure on the staff too regarding moderation. Especially at its current state of the queue. We did discuss internally, however, on doing more of them in the future! Whether that's contests or themes, there will be more of them  It's just that 2020 has also been SUPER busy for us as well! 

A catchup theme is actually not a terrible idea however, pretty easy for us to host too compared to coming up with new themes (again, at the current state of things). So, let me look into that! 

So: TL;DR, We've been super busy with the queue that themes & contests would have really overwhelmed the staff, but next year we're certainly planning on doing more events/themes! I'll check out the catchup theme with the rest of the staff and see if it's possible
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 2:31 PM
Oh, I didn't even think of that...I've been fairly dry of ideas, and I didn't consider that that's not necessarily the case for everyone else, haha. If the problem is the queue volume, I worry that a catchup theme would be more difficult to manage, since people would be posting multiple things in short succession — I myself have seven theme stickers to grab, and while I could use queue bypass if that would help (I usually don't because about 50% of my uploads get a CR), not everyone can. That doesn't mean I change my mind on wanting it, but I'd be totally fine if such a thing were put on hold until the pressure lets up a bit!

pronouns: they/them