Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My Version of the Maxis Medieval Bed *UPDATED Mesh*

by CTNutmegger Posted 15th Jun 2006 at 3:40 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2009 at 1:15 PM by -Maylin-

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 10:36 PM
I second (third? fourth? twenty-eighth?) the charge that THIS is how Maxis should have made this bed in the first place! Thank you so much...and for the single version, too!
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 6:25 PM
Funny, this bed doesn't show up in my game. But the single medieval bed and the draperies for both beds do show up.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 7:55 PM
My understanding that it IS the maxis bed, they've just fixed it to where the draperies will match the bedding by pulling the textures from the bedding. As far as the dust ruffle part, I do believe that has to be downloaded separately. There is a link for it in CT Nutmegger's post up top.
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Super_Girl007 : 11th Jul 2006 at 8:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by zTinkerz
My understanding that it IS the maxis bed, they've just fixed it to where the draperies will match the bedding by pulling the textures from the bedding. As far as the dust ruffle part, I do believe that has to be downloaded separately. There is a link for it in CT Nutmegger's post up top.

I don't understand. I thought this was a new, seperate mesh? Yet this is suppose to be a maxis bed? I've no knowledge of a maxis bed that looks anything like this.. Needless to say, I'm confused.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 10:41 PM
That is the most expensive bed. The default comes with beigy curtains if I'm not mistaken. When you go into the game, go as far right in the bed section, as possible and you should find this bed. It might have different bedding than the picture above, but you have the option to change it. The single bed is a new mesh, the double however is Maxis. I don't know how else to explain it to you. If the double bed is not showing up, it could very well be that you have a conflict in your game.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Super_Girl007 : 11th Jul 2006 at 11:49 PM.
Does this maxis bed require an expansion pack to show up? If so, I have none so that would explain why I've never seen a maxis bed like this...:p
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:56 AM
Well according to the icon above it should work with just Sims 2. I don't know why you aren't seeing it, unless it's like I said in my previous post, that you have an object conflicting with it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 1:24 PM
Quote:
I don't understand. I thought this was a new, seperate mesh? Yet this is suppose to be a maxis bed? I've no knowledge of a maxis bed that looks anything like this.. Needless to say, I'm confused.

It is a new mesh, it has it's own GUID registered in my name, and unless someone is using my registered numbers it will not cause any conflict or overwrite any other mesh. This bed is a remake of the Maxis Medieval Canopy Bed that comes with the UNI expansion. But, it should work with all versions of the game and even those with no expansions because as a base I used a bed from the base game.

What I did was to remove the drapes that were attached to the Maxis version and create a drapeless canopy bed. I then took the drapes and made them a separate mesh and linked them to the bedding. Now when you place them together in the game you can change the draperies to match the bedding, this was not possible with the Maxis version, we were stuck with the one color unless you downloaded a recolor of the bed along with the drapes. This way you can change the drape at any time without having to download or recolor anything, they will automatically be able to use the color of any bedding you have or may download.

Now, as to why you are not seeing it in the game, you may be looking in the wrong pricing area, the catalog is arranged by price starting at the lowest first, the bed is 1050 simoleons so it's somewhere in the middle, not to far down the list, certainly not at the end with the high priced beds. In the thumb it does not have a drape or the skirt, it's just a plain post canopy so that may be confusing you. I did edit the energy, room, and comfort levels so they are equal to the expensive beds.

Hope that helps, Kathy
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 5:30 PM
Default OH MY!!! Giddy!
Ya know, I saw one of your older items on the home page under "Featured" and decided to just check and see if you had done anything new and found these. You just solved one of my biggest Pet Peeves with this bed. Its one of my favorite items, but those stupid curtains were always wreaking havok with my interior decorating!! These are wonderful! Your a goddess!! Now.. if only I could find a way to get rid of the Maxis version, lord knows I am never gonna use them again.

Thanks much!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:35 PM
Kathy,
Since installing Open for Business, your double bed has finally showed up in my game. I don't know why it wouldn't show up with only the base game, even when it was the only thing in my downloads folder... But it works now and I love it. Thanks for all your hard work on new objects.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:18 PM
Hello, your beds are great. I downloaded the singles one and it looks great in the kids room. but when i tried to download the doeble version i get a broken link? i have tried to download it sevral times and i get the same broken error when i open winrar. can you please look into this when you have a chance because i would really like to download your bed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GI_Jhen
Hello, your beds are great. I downloaded the singles one and it looks great in the kids room. but when i tried to download the doeble version i get a broken link? i have tried to download it sevral times and i get the same broken error when i open winrar. can you please look into this when you have a chance because i would really like to download your bed.

I'm sorry you're having a problem downloading, all I can say is to keep trying, the site has been really busy lately and it's causing the error you got. I just tried the download and it took a long time to start, but it is there.

Good luck,
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:08 PM
hi

im having the same problem as super girl, i have downloaded everything beds, drapes and everything is showing up except the double bed, it is installed because i saw it on clean installer, i am using base game only, any help would be really appreicated coz i love this bed and really wanted to use it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:14 AM
Let me get back to you on the double bed version not showing up. I'll install the base game on another computer and see what happens. I can't do it until tomorrow though, so hang in there, I will be back.

Kat
Forum Resident
#40 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:20 AM
Nice job, thanks!
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:17 PM
ok cool thank you very much
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:54 AM
hi

any luck with my bed problem yet? sorry for being impatient jus need to use it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liveordie74
hi

any luck with my bed problem yet? sorry for being impatient jus need to use it

Hi hon, I finally got it to work, had to wait to get to a computer with only the base game on it so it took longer than I thought, sorry.

Have fun, Kat :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
hi

thank you very very mucho lol i am so pleased now, looks great
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 4:16 AM
Fantastic job. I loved the look of Maxis Medieval but got tired of trying to match the bedding with the drapes so I had stopped using it. You made it possible to fall in love again :D. Thanks
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:47 AM
PS I tried downloading all of your files individually and install them with sims2pack Clean Installer and it showed that files were empty. I had to use the Qpress installer to make them work.
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:47 AM
YOU ARE AWESOME!! This is my favorite bed!!!! But I always hated that the curtains never matched if you used custom bedding!!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:28 PM
I wanted to be able to change the drapes on this bed to match the bedding.
Thank you

Greetz picy
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 5:03 PM
Thanks so much for this, Kat! I'm such a happy camper! :-)

Max
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 11:41 AM
Nice one! Thanks! :D
Page 2 of 3