Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

F-IN01 TS3 default replacement FULL FAMILY v2

by Navetsea Posted 6th Mar 2011 at 5:36 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2012 at 11:19 AM by Navetsea

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 9:41 PM
thank you great work!!! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM
Thanks, very nice.
Have to second the lower eyelash comment, though. They end up looking smudged. No lower eyelashes would work just as well.
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:02 PM
Please make non-default versions!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 10:35 PM
I really love these! I've been in the market for new default skins for a while and these are working perfectly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 11:57 PM
I also used your skins all the time in Sims2... so I am very happy to see that you're doing stuff for Sims3 now!! I've already been playing for a few hours with your skins installed, and I have to say they look absolutely fantastic!! Amazing job! Thanks for the hard work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
I would just like to say: "I AM 2 PERVY 4 THEM BARBIE CROTCHES" is my new favorite quote.
... and thanks! (of course).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 1:22 AM
This skins are just great, the best I ever seen :O Seriously! Thank you VERY much for working in this, it must be a lot of work to do this stuff,

PD. I think I would love it even more without those wrinkles in mouth... I think that's a very special characteristic for a default skin, my self sim looks a bit weird with it because I dont have those marks, so, maybe if those wrinkles where smoother would be better

Thanks again!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gaby83
This skins are just great, the best I ever seen :O Seriously! Thank you VERY much for working in this, it must be a lot of work to do this stuff,

PD. I think I would love it even more without those wrinkles in mouth... I think that's a very special characteristic for a default skin, my self sim looks a bit weird with it because I dont have those marks, so, maybe if those wrinkles where smoother would be better

Thanks again!!

thanks, wrinkles in mouth.. do you mean on their lips?

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 8:48 PM
Your skins are freakish awesome...But one thing i also use Lady Frontbum's non-default skins but i think they r incompatible since some custom-downloaded sims were created with Lady FB skins but i think yours is better & realistic...I wonder if there is any way to make both of them working...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 10:47 PM
Love the look of these! Nice work.

As Gaby83 pointed out (although not very clearly) the bottom lip is maybe a bit too streaky i.e. has overly pronounced vertical lines. Especially noticeable on light skintones.

But otherwise really great faces/bodies!
Instructor
#36 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 8:57 PM
These are beautiful.. Are the "shaved" versions ones that have males with no hair?
I prefer the males to be hairless.

Btw, for people who ask about it, the vertical lines between the nose and the mouth (just above the lip) is called the philtrum.

I hate to be a bother and I know you said you are making more skintones, but I was wondering if you could have more pictures of the female faces next time-- maybe with different shapes so we can get an idea of how the skins look on different shapes. It would also be nice to get a sidexside comparison to an EA skin.

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to make these and share them with us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 11:12 AM
nice one nice one. will these replace sims i have already created and am playing?
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Rivenwynd : 13th Mar 2011 at 5:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Suvrojit
Your skins are freakish awesome...But one thing i also use Lady Frontbum's non-default skins but i think they r incompatible since some custom-downloaded sims were created with Lady FB skins but i think yours is better & realistic...I wonder if there is any way to make both of them working...

If you are using LFB's non-default skins then their shouldnt be any incompatability issues, since Nav's are default. If a custom Sim is downloaded with LFB's default version skin then you have to delete either LFB's or Nav's skin from your "mods/packages" folder so that one default version doesnt conflict with the other as only one default version of either can be used at any given time. If the Sim you downloaded is using a LFB default version skintone and you want to use the Nav skin, delete the LFB default skin and the Sim skin will be replaced with the Nav version unless you switch it back in CAS to the LFB non-default skin.
Test Subject
#39 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loserkid13
nice one nice one. will these replace sims i have already created and am playing?

This skin will only replace the skins of any Sim using a default skintone.
If your Sims are using a non-default skintone, then this will not replace them unless you change your premade Sims skin manually back to the default skintone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 11:51 PM
I downloaded the skins from insimadult, and i completely ADORE THEM, however, they aren't working with the muscle definition slider for the male or female...was there a different file for that? THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME SKIN!! =D
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poetrii
I downloaded the skins from insimadult, and i completely ADORE THEM, however, they aren't working with the muscle definition slider for the male or female...was there a different file for that? THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME SKIN!! =D

thanks, but it should work with late night sliders.. as I didn't paint in the abs, so it won't look weird in non muscular or fat sims, maybe you just download some custom sliders and that instead interfere with your muscle slider bar? I mean Late night's ripped muscle slider not the muscle mass slider.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:17 AM
Hello Navetsea this skin is Awesome!!!, I cannot expect to have it in my game ... your always you improve my games first sim 2 and now sims 3 thank for all your work.Can you post the male sims of the photos please?, it's great to! Excuse my english I do not speak it, I use a translator.
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 5:12 PM
These skins completely blew me away! They look absolutely gorgeous!

The only thing that bothers me is the colour of the hair on the male bodies. Your sim is blonde and the hair on his chest and arms looks like it's red (I'm talking about the one with the light skin). I think a lighter brown would be more appropriate for light skinned sims. Just putting it out there!

I look forward to more of your work. Since this is so good, I'm sure your new skins will be amazing!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 4:03 AM
Which ones are the non-barbie ones?
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 5:41 PM
These totally rock! The finest custom default skins I have seen in the nearly 2 years since the game was released.
Test Subject
#46 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 10:47 PM
Are these nude skins? Or can you wear clothes with them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:03 AM
i downloaded the file, extract and put it in packages folder already. but when i play the sims, still can't see the skin. how can i see the skins?
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
I'm also having a hard time getting the skins to show up in the game. I downloaded the files correctly, extracted them and put them in the packages folder, but they still won't show up. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:27 PM
You guys need to delete the cachefiles for the skins to show up.

"Delete all these files (I'm not sure which one to be exact so delete them all, they'll respawn everytime the game played):
CASPartCache
compositorCache
scriptCache
simCompositorCache

C:\Users\.....\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
"

Btw: Amazing skins! You rock, Navetsea.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:52 PM
Love Love Love these skins I'm using them as default on both my male and female face and body... one thing I noticed is a very very very slight line around the neck... the colour isnt matching 100% its not noticable but me being very close up it caught my harp eyes lol, would It also be possible to have the eyes corrected... I dont always like my sims wearing makeup and as I adore these skins so much and their the only skins I have.... so the eye lashes are an annoying sissue for me right now but eye liner seems to fix that... I think if they were just like 1-2 nudges up it would be perfect but right now I'm having a hard time adjusting to it lol. Thanks again ^.~
Page 2 of 6