Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Clean up Custom Files
How do you organize and clean up custom files?
Advertisement
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:16 AM
The wiki has some general info which can be really useful. Other than that, it really depends on what you want, what CC you have and what works best for you. For TS3, I play it almost vanilla, so it just has some NRaas stuff and some things from MTS that are each in their own folder. For TS2, I have a lot more Those are all foldered by creator and then by set as the creator uploaded them. I usually have a txt-file inside the folder with a link and TOU. I've heard people put swatches inside those folders too, but I'm not sure if this affects loading times. I clean them up in two different ways. I tend to go on big downloading sprees, which I then put in one big folder, not yet in my game. I slowly move them from that folder to my actual game folder, so that it's a second check whether I really like the CC or not. When I don't use a particular item in-game or think it looks very ugly, I make a note of it so I can delete it immediately when I'm finished playing.