Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2021 at 4:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Splitting up a Household
1. Now I have this household that has 7 sims in it and I would like to move 3 of them out, but I know that I can't move them out and have them take furniture with them like in TS2. I thought of a way I might be able to do it. but I don't know if it's doable.

List of the 7 sims in the household:
  • Elizabeth Weir
  • Gabe Miller
  • Jennifer Keller
  • Evan Lorne
  • Carson Beckett - want to move out
  • Laura Cadman - want to move out
  • Rodney McKay - want to move out

What I want to do is have my 7 sims buy a second house because I know that sims in TS3 can buy I second house/empty lot for a second house and these sims happen to more than 500,000 simoleons. Now can they hand over the house, when I am finished doing what I want to it, to the sims I want to move out, so those three sims are the only ones that own it without them having to sell the second house first?

2. Is there anyway I can save the house these sims live in, with the furniture, to lot bin without moving the family out, because I know you can in TS4 (library instead of lot bin) but I'm not sure about TS3?

I figure if 1 is not doable then I'm hoping 2 is. That way I can take a copy of the house, put it on the next lot size up from the house's lot size, fix it up and then move those 3 sims in, once the house has a copy in the lot bin.

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th May 2021 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by planettv
1. Now I have this household that has 7 sims in it and I would like to move 3 of them out, but I know that I can't move them out and have them take furniture with them like in TS2.

I am not sure if this is because I have Nraas' Mover or not but I've had someone move out from the main family and take furniture with them (by putting it into the family inventory). Using the phone, pick move (within the neighborhood is probably which one you'll want). Put all the furniture you want them to take with them into the family inventory. Whichever family is flagged as being the 'active' family will get control of the family inventory.

I recommend Mover because it will let you also split the family funds (potentially putting a cap on how much of it someone moving out gets if you wanted). For example with your family, by default they will each take 30% of the family funds- though you can put a limit if you don't want them to get that much.

Quote:
2. Is there anyway I can save the house these sims live in, with the furniture, to lot bin without moving the family out, because I know you can in TS4 (library instead of lot bin) but I'm not sure about TS3?

You can save the family with the lot while in Edit town mode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2021 at 7:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will remember to use the General section anytime I have a question like this because I didn't even think of that section when posting. If a mod is reading this, feel free to move this to Gameplay in the General section.

I will take a look at what has been suggested and see what will work best for the household. One last question: When I switch households and don't want to lose the wishes, should I do it through the Master Control or will I do it the normal way and the Master Control will automatically save the wishes?

My mini city: Rygel City