Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:07 AM
Default Backing up Sims 3
Would someone please tell me how I would go about this please?

What directories or files would need backing up?

Thank you!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:10 AM
Make a copy of the contents of My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - that's all your saves and stuff. Any custom content you downloaded is likely in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:45 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:18 PM
OK so how do i backup one family in one neighbourhood. or just one neighbourhood, i dont want to restore the .exe and other files.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:29 PM
Make a copy of the contents of My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - that's all your saves and stuff.

We don't yet know how to backup just one family, but doing so would likely break things anyway. If you're determined to try you could always package the lot with them in it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:13 PM
I found the saves directory seems to work to backup a game/neighbourhood. I still backuped up the whole sims 3 directory in case.

But yes the 'saves' directory under the sims 3 directory seems to hold all the game saves and backing that and then restoring it seemed to work for me.

thanks.