Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:17 PM
Default Supersize Vs. Superskinny
Supersize Vs. Superskinny is a British TV show where they take one super thin person {boy, or girl} and one super large person {boy or girl, it varies} and they bring them to a room, compare them, and start the show. I thought this challenge would be perfect for the Sims 3 because we now have weight sliders. To start this challenge you must create the thinest person the game will let you, and then the largest person the game will let you create. As for traits, you can choose whatever you want but I would recommend for the skinnier person Vegetarian, maybe. And for the larger person, couch potato. It's up to you as far as the traits go. Whatever you see fit.

So you move them both into a house, and in the show the idea is to make them eat each others portion sizes for at least a week.
You will do exactly this.
Your sims are having salad for lunch? Make the skinnier sim eat two plates of salad and a can of soup, or any quick meal. (for the skinnier sim, for the duration of this challenge you will make them eat 2x their portion size, and any quick meal in addition. ice cream, maybe.), and have the larger sim eat only half the plate of salad. To accomplish this, you must make the sim eat half, stop them, and then clean it up.

But that isn't all of the challenge. You must make the skinnier sim gain weight (this will be accomplished by eating) and you must have the larger sim lose weight (exercising, eating less). You must make them lose or gain weight only when they are not eating a meal together. (yes, they must both sit down and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner together. It's your responsibility to make sure they eat what they need to eat.)

So for example, Sally (overweight) and George (Underweight). Sally and George both sit down to Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner together, only eating the opposite amount of portion sizes. When they aren't eating together, you will make Sally lose weight by exercising, and you will make George eat over his hunger bar to gain weight. The challenge ends with Sally and George are both normal weight. (average, which is about the middle of the slider bar.)

There's no points, but I may make some up later as I see fit. Basically, you finish the challenge when they are both normal weight.

This is my first sims 3 challenge, so please let me know if anything needs editing, fixing, or if there's anything I should add. Penalties will be added later. I'm going to test this out right now, because the challenge hasn't been tested yet. Please do try out my challenge if you like it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:02 PM
problem is, AFTER they are normal weight, the normally-skinny one will become super skinny again, and the normally superfat one will get superfat again... did some research
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:12 PM
Really? Is this a problem with the game? What is your latest patch? I tested out this challenge a little bit, and from what I could see the bigger one was losing weight, which was good, but it shocked me to see that they were gaining it back. I guess this results from not exercising? I'm not fully acquainted with how the game handles weight in the first place, but if you could explain to me why it happens? Thanks for your comment.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:24 PM
its this sort of gene... you should make them exercise every day, and always make the thinner one eat a lot. also, their kids will (usually) be the same, so if you don't watch what they eat, they will ether become fat or very thin.

one way to make all the fat go away in a few hours is jogging. and it takes a while before they go fat again... thats what it does for me anyway

hope i helped
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:59 PM
I don't think that the whole 'natural' weight thing is an issue for the purpose of this challenge. I mean; if the sim's bodies are prone to shifting back to their starting points (super fat/super skinny) without any intervention then I'd see it as a bigger challenge!

As long as they reach their 'target' weights during the challenge then you win, right? It doesn't matter if they go back to their 'old habits' afterwards. I'll give this a shot when I'm done with 'steal your neighbour's house!'

PS: I love supersize vs superskinny though I'm still traumatised by the skinny woman who ate whole cloves of garlic in all her food! I tried it once when I was curious; it burns!!