Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 10:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pond Water Overhaul/ Clean UI
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I figured it was a "help" question though. I use Pineapple's version of Voeille's Pond Water Overhaul and Sky Fix. If I download the Clean UI from Greatcheesecakepersona will it destroy my game? I tried googling if the conflicted ad some of the screen shots looked as if they either used the fix I have or incorporated their own into the UI. I just wanted to try the Clean UI as it looked really nice and I saw someone playing and their game was SO SMOOTH! If it conflicts I can just do without for now. Thanks to anyone who answers. I'm also sorry if this is a dumb question.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melodycc_2004
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I figured it was a "help" question though. I use Pineapple's version of Voeille's Pond Water Overhaul and Sky Fix. If I download the Clean UI from Greatcheesecakepersona will it destroy my game? I tried googling if the conflicted ad some of the screen shots looked as if they either used the fix I have or incorporated their own into the UI. I just wanted to try the Clean UI as it looked really nice and I saw someone playing and their game was SO SMOOTH! If it conflicts I can just do without for now. Thanks to anyone who answers. I'm also sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hi! I'm fairly certain those mods are completely unrelated, so you would be able to use them together with no issues

That being said, even if they did conflict, they certainly wouldn't mess up your game - default replacements (like Clean UI) work sort of like 'masks' - when you put them on your Sims 2 game, you can then take them off no problem - especially because these are just image replacements and shader replacements, respectively.

There are some exceptions to this:
1. Multi-PT mods or similar - these require special handling to remove, instructions which are usually included with the download
2. Certain clothing/object defaults which are linked to the original object. If you delete a clothing/object default that is linked to the original object using the in-game delete button , it can break the original object/outfit as the game doesn't distinguish them - it's a little like hitting the mask with a hammer and hurting the face underneath. That said, they are 100% safe to remove from your downloads folder, unless stated otherwise.

I hope that answers your question, feel free to ask any more if you still have any!

Happy Simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:36 PM
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try it then after I figure out why my game still crashes. Lol This whole Win10 situation with Sims and older games is a struggle! Thank you again for taking the time to respond!