Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 1:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
NRaas Mods: Master Controller, Errortrap and Overwatch
I've been having issues with my game and am trying some new things to fix it. I've done some reading but am a bit confused- does Master Controller have a giant list of things that it does, or am I reading incorrectly? It seems like a pretty giant mod if it's able to do all of these things.. but maybe I just don't fully understand haha.

I saw a tutorial on youtube of someone (Aurora) installing these three mods, and then resetting her town. I just want to make sure that if I reset my town, all of my work won't disappear. When I play, I like to visit each household and give it a makeover lol. So I don't want to reset my town and erase everything that I've done. Does it actually reset the houses and the things you've customized inside? And will it reset my sims back to basic sims, or will they keep the customizations I've given them? What exactly gets reset?

Should I use all three of these mods to reduce lag? I'm not sure if Master Controller is even used for that purpose. Also, if I just use Errortrap and Overwatch, how exactly do they work in game? In the tutorial I saw, she went to the city hall and selected NRaas, and then Master Controller (but there was also an option for Overwatch, she just didn't select it).

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me! I'm new to having any kind of mods in my game
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:00 PM
Hi there. Support for NRaas mods is generally provided at NRaas but I can try to answer some of your questions here as they aren't (yet) deeply technical.

MasterController is a player command center, independent of the other mods. It doesn't actually do anything at all to our games all by itself other than add its own commands to the NRaas menu and then sit back and wait for the player to select one some day. All of our mods come with a detailed list of each command and a description of what it does under Documentation, as well as an FAQ section. Here is the command list for MasterController. Note that some of the commands as indicated require an MC add-on module.

An MC Reset on a sim or object rebuilds it from ground up based on the information the game has on it at the time. It is much deeper than a testingcheats kind of reset. An MC Reset on a Lot resets the lot itself and all objects and sims on it or living on it. An MC Reset Everything from the Town menu on City Hall resets all sims, lots, and objects in the world and can take 5-10 minutes or longer to run, depending on the size and complexity of the world and one's system. It does not reset your town's or sims' progress, nor does it change what anyone or anything looks like unless the sim or object in question was corrupt to begin with. If you are nervous about running such a far reaching function on an entire town, a best practice would be to make a Save As first so that there is a safe place to revert to should something go wrong with the process.

Overwatch continuously scans the game for a very long list of known issues and will step and correct them as it finds them. It also runs scheduled scans for issues at the time the game starts up and once per sim day at a specified time after midnight (3 am for most worlds, 5 am for urban worlds like Bridgeport). With a few small exceptions, there is usually little need to adjust its settings or interact with its menu options.

ErrorTrap is a Core Mod and has no in-game commands or menus. The mod captures or "traps" error conditions that might otherwise damage or crash the game and reports on them by way of the script log mechanism that already exists. The resulting script logs can be presented to us at NRaas for help with interpreting them if this is needed. Along the way it also performs a fair amount of junk data cleanup that helps keeps our games running cleaner and more efficiently. It all runs automatically.

All three mods are easily removable if things just don't work out, although that isn't the usual player experience.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hi there. Support for NRaas mods is generally provided at NRaas but I can try to answer some of your questions here as they aren't (yet) deeply technical.

MasterController is a player command center, independent of the other mods. It doesn't actually do anything at all to our games all by itself other than add its own commands to the NRaas menu and then sit back and wait for the player to select one some day. All of our mods come with a detailed list of each command and a description of what it does under Documentation, as well as an FAQ section. Here is the command list for MasterController. Note that some of the commands as indicated require an MC add-on module.

An MC Reset on a sim or object rebuilds it from ground up based on the information the game has on it at the time. It is much deeper than a testingcheats kind of reset. An MC Reset on a Lot resets the lot itself and all objects and sims on it or living on it. An MC Reset Everything from the Town menu on City Hall resets all sims, lots, and objects in the world and can take 5-10 minutes or longer to run, depending on the size and complexity of the world and one's system. It does not reset your town's or sims' progress, nor does it change what anyone or anything looks like unless the sim or object in question was corrupt to begin with. If you are nervous about running such a far reaching function on an entire town, a best practice would be to make a Save As first so that there is a safe place to revert to should something go wrong with the process.

Overwatch continuously scans the game for a very long list of known issues and will step and correct them as it finds them. It also runs scheduled scans for issues at the time the game starts up and once per sim day at a specified time after midnight (3 am for most worlds, 5 am for urban worlds like Bridgeport). With a few small exceptions, there is usually little need to adjust its settings or interact with its menu options.

ErrorTrap is a Core Mod and has no in-game commands or menus. The mod captures or "traps" error conditions that might otherwise damage or crash the game and reports on them by way of the script log mechanism that already exists. The resulting script logs can be presented to us at NRaas for help with interpreting them if this is needed. Along the way it also performs a fair amount of junk data cleanup that helps keeps our games running cleaner and more efficiently. It all runs automatically.

All three mods are easily removable if things just don't work out, although that isn't the usual player experience.

Thank you very much! I've put them into my game. I checked it out and ffw to 3am and it tells me 87 vehicles were removed every night (the number changes but it's always high like that).

I also noticed that at 3am some lights start glowing and a piece of furniture becomes burned and look scratched. There's not way to fix it in CAS, I have to completely replace the item in build mode. This happens to me often and I have no idea why or how to make it stop!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
ErrorTrap is a Core Mod and has no in-game commands or menus. The mod captures or "traps" error conditions that might otherwise damage or crash the game and reports on them by way of the script log mechanism that already exists. The resulting script logs can be presented to us at NRaas for help with interpreting them if this is needed.

I just discovered four script error files and I'm not sure how to reach out for help at the NRaas website!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 5:07 PM
If you add the NRaas Traffic mod, on default settings you should see the number of unused and unnecessary vehicles for Overwatch to cleanup every night diminish to a much lower number. If not, then it might be an overspawning of performance career vehicles which can be fixed with NRaas > Traffic > Routing Allow Performance Career Limos > False.

To post on our forums at NRaas, you need to create a free user account if you don't already have one. The discussion and help boards are here. One of the forum boards is for ErrorTrap, if that is the mod throwing the script errors you need help with, but you can also post on the general Chatterbox board for general assistance.