Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:33 PM Last edited by rafamundosims : 6th Apr 2021 at 1:04 AM.
Default [SOLVED] What's wrong with my apartment lot?
First, sorry for my bad english, this is not my natural language.

So...

I use this mod, https://modthesims.info/d/352602/ap...e-same-lot.html
It's works properly, but today when I change the lot for apartment type, the maibox don't change (but lot change to apartment type)

Can anyone tell me if I built something wrong?

--
Solved!
The problem was caused by a mailbox recolor.
Thank you for all the answers!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 4:44 PM
Did you exit to neighbourhood and then re-load the lot?

You need to do this to see the mailbox change to the apartment mailbox.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Did you exit to neighbourhood and then re-load the lot?

You need to do this to see the mailbox change to the apartment mailbox.

Yes, I did. I suspect that I was wrong somewhere in the building, like walls or fences, but I can't really identify
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 9:43 PM
Did you change it to community first save exit, go, back in change to apartment, save exit and go back in?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by @ekrubynaffit
Did you change it to community first save exit, go, back in change to apartment, save exit and go back in?

Why would they need to change it to community first? I've never done that. But even if they did that should have no effect. Did this cause an issue for you?

Quote: Originally posted by @rafamundosims
First, sorry for my bad english, this is not my natural language.

So...

I use this mod, https://modthesims.info/d/352602/ap...e-same-lot.html
It's works properly, but today when I change the lot for apartment type, the maibox don't change (but lot change to apartment type)

Can anyone tell me if I built something wrong?

Do you have any downloaded mailboxes? I have seen people have this issue with a default or custom mailbox.

Before doing anything major go and run a quick test.
Place down a blank lot, build a box on it with a roof, add the apartment door and try and change it into an apartment. See if the mailbox works there to rule out custom content.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 11:27 PM Last edited by rhiamom : 4th Apr 2021 at 11:43 PM.
I have never had any luck with apartments and balconies. I read someplace there are instructions here on MTS for circumventing the only one door rule, to allow a balcony with a door. It all seems to me to be properly separated, though. https://modthesims.info/showthread....25#startcomment
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 6:22 PM
I've got a trailer park apartment lot I built that has trailers with outdoor spaces separated by room dividers instead of a closed fence and the doors leading to the outdoor spaces act like secondary doors for the trailers though it works like an apartment lot and my mailboxes change on rezoning the lot even before exiting to the town map.That behavoir sounds like what I had on first installing Apartment Life on my old computer with a disk install.I've got a duplex townhouse complex with fenced terraces that has gates to exit from the terraces that are enclosed by room dividers which add more space outside the gates to the units to allow the gates to function like an entry and exit point for the units.I've got two sample images of my own apartment lot builds that bypass that one entry and exit door rule for apartment lots.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#8 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:52 PM
Well, did you get an invalid apartment lot message? If you put in the lot zoning cheat and the apartment was accepted but you're not seeing the apartment mailbox, then do as Jo and ekrubynaffit suggested: Check your Downloads for any cc mailboxes and try removing them. Then try changing the lot zoning to something else, like a community lot first, then back to residential, and then finally an apartment lot.

Depending on the type of lot you started with, the game can have trouble changing the mailbox.

If you are putting in the lot zoning cheat but the game says you have an invalid apartment, then you need to check the build. (Doors and stairs are the usual culprits, I find.) But if you're not getting that message, the building itself is probably fine.

Finally, if all else fails, delete the residential mailbox and replace with a buyable AL mailbox. Make sure it doesn't conflict with anything else in your Downloads.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 1:02 AM
Hello!! I did the tests, the problem was really a custom recolor for the mailbox. Now, the mailboxes appear correctly in the apartments!

Thank you!!

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Why would they need to change it to community first? I've never done that. But even if they did that should have no effect. Did this cause an issue for you?

Do you have any downloaded mailboxes? I have seen people have this issue with a default or custom mailbox.

Before doing anything major go and run a quick test.
Place down a blank lot, build a box on it with a roof, add the apartment door and try and change it into an apartment. See if the mailbox works there to rule out custom content.
Alchemist
#10 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

It's on the instructions under the description of the mod to do that, figured if that's on the instructions it must be true!

Glad you got it sorted. On the mod page they also have links to two threads about mailbox issues, so must be a common occurrence.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/