Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 5:08 PM
Well, if it is just because the alpha, then you don't need to touch the mesh, just edit the textures. But if it is because the UV map of the mesh, that it could be pain in the a**
But he looks great with that hair. Although, I can't see the hair line. I guess he really need the hair line.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#152 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:36 PM
Well, you can see the hairline on the side, I would probably have to lower it. Geez, this is so much work.

Let's just set aside the hair and hairline for now. Is the face alright?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

~Rest in Peace dearest Michael Jackson~
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:07 PM
I think the face is alright, you did great on him. Why don't you try him in the game, so we can see what he look like with normal lighting, not bodyshop lighting.
Forum Resident
#154 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
i've worked with afros before, an alpha fix is all that's required, the alpha is the black and white texture you see when you're editing textures. the white areas are visible and the black aren't you simply put in more white areas. it should be simple to find the problem alpha

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Scholar
Original Poster
#155 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM
Right... because white=black. I think. I've done that before with makeup. I'll see if I can do that.

I will have in game pics soon. But what about the clothing?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

I am NOT taking requests, sorry! But if you have any suggestions, I will take them!

Lab Assistant
#156 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:54 PM
Maybe you can use this as a clothing reference.

Field Researcher
#157 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:51 PM
About the alpha, well I didn't make it, the textures and alpha are from the original creator (Hellfrozeover). And, I wouldn't know the first thing about how to make it look right, cause I saw the alpha and texture and it's kinda confusing haha.
I'm glad it *finally* worked!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#158 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:15 PM
Well then I don't think we have to worry. It's great already!

Shall we move on to clothes?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Lab Assistant
#159 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 8:54 AM
Yea, I'd say move on to the clothes.

Lab Assistant
#160 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RacSas
Maybe you can use this as a clothing reference.

Funky

Call me v, v_ware.

Owner of Hause Of GaGa Group
It's Lady GaGa's World... We're just living in it!

Scholar
Original Poster
#161 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:54 PM
Hehee yeah, I wish I could have seen fashion like that! It's so cool!

Nice Afro Smiley too RacSas!

Here's more pics:

And this outfit Michael wore alot:

Groovy!
Screenshots

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Scholar
Original Poster
#162 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:19 AM Last edited by missMSBplayer : 1st Sep 2009 at 2:18 PM.
Ok, so I've been looking around at some meshes... there is one at tsr, it's a flared pant mesh for adult male, so I don't know how this would work.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...File/id/166339/

I'll try to find something else, along with a shirt mesh.

*UPDATE*

Ok, so forget that mesh, I think this is a good one to use. It's for both male and female (just to let you know) and the pants do have a bit of a flare. I think the shoes are good too. What do you guys think?

And also, I know this question may seem awfully noob-ish, but how do I find out who the mesh is by?
Screenshots

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Scholar
Original Poster
#163 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:42 PM
Anyone?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Instructor
#164 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:57 PM
i think the trousers and shoes are good, but i think you should look for one with a collar, but if you can't find one you should stick with that one
Scholar
Original Poster
#165 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:02 PM
Ok, I'll look for a collared shirt.

But how do I find out who the mesh is by? Because I have so many downloads, it would be impossible to find it.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Forum Resident
#166 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:43 PM
Try the WCIF Forums..

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Scholar
Original Poster
#167 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:49 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2009 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 2830687, 2830144
Thank you! I'll post pics up and hopefully someone will know where it's from.

I found out the mesh. It's by Amel at Sim Secrets.

So where can I find some 70's outfits for him?

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Banned
#168 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 2:59 PM
look at http://www.all-about-style.com/ They have really cool retro clothes from the 20´s ´til the 80´s I thin but I don´t know if they have some clothes for children...
Scholar
Original Poster
#169 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:10 PM
Thanks, I had a look there, but they didn't have any child clothing from the 60's and 70's.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Field Researcher
#170 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 11:14 PM
Ooo the pants and shoes are PERFECT! If you wanted to make a certain outfit, like the one with the tassle-y vest, I'd love to make a new mesh for ya, but at the moment I'm busy with school and stuff. I am a LOT better at clothes than hair, though! Maybe if I get a spare minute I could see what I can do, but I love the mesh you have right now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#171 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 12:43 AM
Wow! That would be great! I saw your Sora outfit, no wonder it got picked! That would be great! Yeah, that fringe vest is one that I really like, or the orange suit with the flowers on the vest and pants, that one is my very favourite!

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Lab Assistant
#172 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:03 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2009 at 1:54 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 2839537, 2839544, 2839546, 2839547, 2836174, 2836177
a button up with a little cowboy type vest and black pants. well basicly the outfit he wears singing ABC on the ed sullivan show would be a nice outfit for the little michael you have made. and by request, could you make the jackson 5? or maybe michael in his teen days? i am asking you because your very good with making the details and stuff. thanks a lot. :]

this is verryyy good. whenever you have timee only if you want to pleasee try to make the jackson 5. ive been dying to put them on my game but no one has them. and dont feel bad because you took a break. haha. nice work by the waay. :]

oh my gosh. very good. the only thinng you need is a little curl comming down his face but i think i have somthing on my computer from a different michael jackson i uploaded of like some hair in his face. post for downloads as soon as possible. i love it and i really want it on my game. thankk you for making these michael jacksons. not many people take time to make his because his face features are complicated. thannks again.beautifulll. :]

oh yeah and you might want to pull the nose out and turn it up a click or two. make the lips a little bigger. the chin should curve in a little more and above the mouth should be out more. the forehead should also be in more. veryy very good though. very good. :]

lips should be a little less long also. :]

some one help this girl with the hair mesh cuz this sim is geatt but needs haiirrr! :] haha.
Scholar
Original Poster
#173 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:12 AM
Wow, that's an honor

I will try. It may take a while, but I think it's a good idea. I may make them when they were called "The Jacksons" and not the "Jackson 5", when Jermaine left, but I will still include him. That was right before Michael released his first solo album. It will be a challenge, but I love that.

And thank you for the tip. Don't worry, I'm still searching for clothing for little Mikey.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Lab Assistant
#174 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:14 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2009 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 2836182, 2836185
this is suchh a lovley michael you have made. i agree the fro needs to be fixed a little but great group cooperation. if you do decide to make the jackson 5 you sould get some help. simgirl which is good with the hair should make the hair. a good clothes maker should make them all matching outfits in different colors and your goo with the face details so you could make the sims themselves. :] thankk you very much. i appricate the work youve put into sharing this since no one else on the web will share there creations. :]

you mighht need to tweaak up the chin a bit because his chin isnt very thin at this age. :]
Scholar
Original Poster
#175 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:20 AM
Aw, your welcome. I think that is a great idea, to have a team of creators. I'm sure simgirl, although busy, would gladly help out. At least I hope so. She is so nice, and has helped out so much. She's a great creator. I think matching clothing would be awesome, that's quite a good idea. They almost always had matching outfits. I would love to get started but I'll be away for most of the day tomorrow, and then school starts on Tuesday. But I promise you that I will start this project. Would you like me to include little Randy? Or maybe even Janet? Wouldn't that be a challenge! I will start as soon as I can, ok? Right now I'm just working on Michael from the Bad era, so I'm busy on him as well.

Call Me Miss, or MSB

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good tweaking tips.
Page 7 of 10