Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 8:43 PM
Default Removed build mode object?
Hello.

Let me start out by telling you I'm downright sorry for posting a thread like this but you see, when illogical things happens I go nuts... If things don't work, I will be mad but far worse is when I can not understand what's going on and why...

Anyway, as you might now by now I do have two separate installs of this game (different computers). Both of them are offline from Origin/EA. Today I did open up the game on my desktop computer. I placed a restaurant from the library (shipped with the Dine out EP) and did rebuild it slightly, using only "EA standard" objects. I do not have any build mode CC on this computer. I do have CAS CC and Buy mod CC but no build mode CC. After that was done I did open up a lot and used one of the sims to play test the restaurant. That was no problem.

After that I did open up a lot I had not been playing for quite some time. I did spend some time redecorating (No CC) and built her a pool and placed some hedges. I also deleted some flowers from her garden and such... And did replace a door with a arch. One again, no CC! Winterfest was cumming up and she did invite some friends... Her best friend even moved in when she asked. So far so good... But on the next day I did send the "new" girl to the gym as she had to teach someone in order to get a promotion. And she returned home there was this pop up box telling me that there was a problem. There was an object that my EA account did not have control over and I might not own that pack. Either way, one Build mode object had been deleted... After that I did spend much time checking every stone on the lot but I did not find any missing build mode object. The only major thing I had been added to the lot was the pool and I own all the packs related to it (I do thing that Spa day and Fitness stuff were involved in the build). WT... Nothing is missing, what build mode object was deleted? I own the packs I have installed! OK, the game may have lost contact with an object but why did it happen right now and on what lot is the object missing? Do I have to check all the lots in all of the worlds just to find out? I won't do that! I can hardly remember everything I add on all of the lots...

I did a quick test... I still have my active sim. I did send her to the next door spa and let her return home... twice! No more message. And nothing on the lot is missing. And I have no build mode CC that my game can get angry about... So, what just happen? I did not back up my game today... I did not think it was safe...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 9:11 AM
The only thing I can tell you (basegame builder, i have this thing a LOT) is that "build item removed" also counts for buy items. It just removes whatever or replaces it with something you DO own (if possible)
My guess would be one of the CC items/furniture or maybe clutter you put (or maybe something one of the guests brought?). No clue as to why it would suddenly lose contact with it/remove it, but it doesn't have to be a BUILD mode item per sé
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 9:53 AM
I did mark that as "Helpful". Yeah, I did suspect that myself. I did find it hard to believe that a "build mode" object might have been faulty... As told, it was winterfest so my sims did get some gifts and did open the ones I got from Buy mode. (I have to check the in game messages because some is missing). But what I do suspect is this: I did place a bamboo "windshime" on the lot. It was supposed to be light blue but to me it did look white. This item did came with the Backyard Stuff pack (I think). I do think there is an issue with some objects making it possible to chose colors that are not really available. This is the only thing I can think of...
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 4:09 PM
Sounds very plausible. Items also come in new colors depending on packs (a good example would be the basegame shelf with the loop under it, it comes in a few colors basegame, but packs add new swatches). Again, I'm not sure what would cause the unavailable swatch to 'glitch in', but it would surely be counted in removed items and be replaced with a swatch you do have available...
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 5:51 PM
OK, thank you. Let us say that an unavailable swatch was the issue here. It feels better now.