Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Simpsons House - 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield

by Yogi-Tea Posted 10th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#26 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
For anyone without WA, you can install this as long as your base game has the WA patch! It will just give you a message about missing items and a proxy will be used.

While the Simpsons house itself doesn't interest me, you've done an amazing job recreating it! Might just be the best one I've seen. Great job sticking with it, I'm sure it was hard watching all those Simpsons episodes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:05 PM
Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
While the Simpsons house itself doesn't interest me, you've done an amazing job recreating it! Might just be the best one I've seen. Great job sticking with it, I'm sure it was hard watching all those Simpsons episodes.
I think I wouldn't even have started creating this if you hadn't made those great windows in the first place. So we all have to thank you for sharing them with us. I love those windows and I use them often for my own houses in game.

And yeah... it was pure torture to watch all those episodes.
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:20 PM
Wow great job!
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:42 PM
Excelent house! LOL xD. Can you make mansion of Lucas Arts Game, Maniac Mansion

There are many maps of this games (C64 Version, NES Version,...)

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/NES/Man...isonMansion.png
http://c64screenshots.com/images/maniac_mansion.png
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/NES/Man...isonMansion.png
http://plastik.hu/media/ManiacMansionMap.png
http://biblioklik.free.fr/abandonwa...ges/fullmap.png

I think that do you know this excelent game :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:47 PM
I love it! I have played with making the Simpson house a few times and always gave up for technical reasons, nothing ever lined up to my liking, this is really close.
Thank you very much!

Here is a good Simpsons House walkthrough that I found.
http://videosift.com/video/The-Simp...use-walkthrough

ClicknPsycho
Field Researcher
#31 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
That's no problem at all. Just replace those items with something else you already have. You just need to edit the colours a bit so that it fits to the other furniture.

Oooh, installing the house right away then! I'm a big Simpson's fan too and it'd be so much fun to have my sims live in their house, haha~
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 8:13 AM
WOW! This house is AMAZING! I couldn't help but for some reason think of the house from Rugrats first when I saw the colors. Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:09 AM
Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by Magnus87
Excelent house! LOL xD. Can you make mansion of Lucas Arts Game, Maniac Mansion?
I've never heard of that game before. There's not much time left next to my job and "real life" to play games at the computer, so The Sims is the only game I play every now and then. Sorry, I also don't take requests. I have so many other unfinished projects.

Quote: Originally posted by ClicknPsycho
Here is a good Simpsons House walkthrough that I found.
http://videosift.com/video/The-Simp...use-walkthrough
Wow, what a cool link. Thank you. It's funny but the floorplan used in this video is very close to the first version of my Simpsons House (Bart's room across the stairs and Lisa's room at the right side, next to the stairs), however, I've seen too many episodes where Bart's room is next to Lisa's and that is why I changed that later.

Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
Oooh, installing the house right away then! I'm a big Simpson's fan too and it'd be so much fun to have my sims live in their house, haha~
I tested the house without any premium or custom content and only having the base game and WA installed. Some things will be replaced by default items (mostly furniture and pictures), however, if you don't install HugeLunatic's windows the Simpsons House will look terrible.

Quote: Originally posted by IcyPichu
I couldn't help but for some reason think of the house from Rugrats first when I saw the colors.
I heard of Rugrats before but have never seen it in tv. Did I miss anything?

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate all the feedback.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:02 AM
Wow this looks Amazing!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:02 PM
This is great. Looks like a really good reproduction of the legendary Simpson's house. Thanks!!

~ Nyn ~
Instructor
#36 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:16 PM
Hehe, cute as a button. Sweet house, Yogi!

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:46 PM
I've never heard of that game before. There's not much time left next to my job and "real life" to play games at the computer, so The Sims is the only game I play every now and then. Sorry, I also don't take requests. I have so many other unfinished projects.

Ok, no problem :p
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:14 AM
You're right in that the floorplan of the Simpson's house is hard to get entirely right, simply because in some episodes it's entirely nonsensical and the rooms sometimes get entirely swapped around. For example, on the first floor beside the stairs, that area is sometimes a closet, sometimes a door to the basement. On that note I looked at your pictures and I think you did a great job in getting a pretty close replication of the house.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:38 AM
Great job in getting as close to a replica as possible! Love it

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:05 PM
It looks like Simpsons in 3D. Well done!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:15 PM
I tried to download this for the base game and the house showed up but there wasnt beds in barts room or lisas room and Doh-mers room. can soemoe make this for the base game?
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Latvietis6
I tried to download this for the base game and the house showed up but there wasnt beds in barts room or lisas room and Doh-mers room. can soemoe make this for the base game?
Since I was using quite a few WA objects for this build there should be more missing than only the beds, shouldn't it? If it's for the beds only than you could easily place some base game beds in those rooms and recolour them yourself by using the Create-A-Style tool in-game. It's no big deal, really.

There won't be a base game copy of this house any time soon unless I need to reinstall all my games - if I should ever need to reinstall my base game I'll consider to rebuild this lot for base game players
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:45 AM
There was like nothing in the rooms :/...
Test Subject
#44 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 5:35 PM
Nice one
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Latvietis6
There was like nothing in the rooms :/...
That sounds like if the problem was not that you have only the base game installed but that you also don't have the store items and CC installed, which is required for the house to appear like on the pictures. That would make it indeed "difficult" for the Simpsons House to show up as expected.
The bed in Bart's room... I could be wrong but... isn't that a base game object? Your graphic card might has problems with this lot - it's really huge and does take some time to load with all the cc included, even for my computer.
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:52 PM
how did you get the roof to stay at different levels D: mind=BLOWN

amazing house its worked out really well Kudos
Inventor
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 6:46 AM
There are many tutorials out there for learning how to make roofs look a bit different. It's very easy, it just looks like it was difficult.

Click here for tutorials.

Thank you for your feedback, PaigeyCakes.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:16 AM
It looks sooo realistic It might be my computer, but when I install world adventures with all my other expansion packs, i can't play the game (Launcher freezes)! Any ideas?
My expansion packs are (installed in this order):
Ambitions
Late Night
Outdoor Living
Generations
Town Life
Pets
and I will be getting showtime
PLEASE HELP!
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmaSkye555
It looks sooo realistic It might be my computer, but when I install world adventures with all my other expansion packs, i can't play the game (Launcher freezes)! Any ideas?
My expansion packs are (installed in this order):
Ambitions
Late Night
Outdoor Living
Generations
Town Life
Pets
and I will be getting showtime
PLEASE HELP!
I'm not sure what we are talking about - do you have problems with this house or with your game? For game problems please have a look at the help section.

The house with all its custom content installed needs quite some time to load - it's a big parcel with lots of objects included - even my computer needs some time to load it. If your computer is a bit older and/or if you have lots of custom content, shop items, expansion packs etc. installed at the same time, this could be a problem, too.

Since I have all expansion packs installed I can and will run another playtest, however, due to private reasons I am not able to do so right now. I currently don't have this lot nor its custom content installed to my game. Will test it asap but it may take up to two weeks.
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 6:34 AM
I'm not sure what we are talking about - do you have problems with this house or with your game? For game problems please have a look at the help section.

The house with all its custom content installed needs quite some time to load - it's a big parcel with lots of objects included - even my computer needs some time to load it. If your computer is a bit older and/or if you have lots of custom content, shop items, expansion packs etc. installed at the same time, this could be a problem, too.

Since I have all expansion packs installed I can and will run another playtest, however, due to private reasons I am not able to do so right now. I currently don't have this lot nor its custom content installed to my game. Will test it asap but it may take up to two weeks.

Yeah its just the game. It's REALLY weird and I've looked EVERYWHERE for a solution. I tried every expansion pack as I installed them but as soon as i get to town life and pets the game launcher freezes. I think there might be game file clashers or something, cause I'm not the only one :/
Page 2 of 3