Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 10:53 PM
Default Issues with the shed gabled roof placement
I am trying to put this roof on the corners just like this one but mine won't go in the right direction, what is the trick to this? [IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 12:39 PM
No one has any ideas as to why I can't place this type of roof on two tiles wide and three tiles back?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 2:21 PM
They are designed to change direction at the three tile mark, try using the other one. They are really annoying.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They are designed to change direction at the three tile mark, try using the other one. They are really annoying.

It didn't work either. I am ready to scrap the house...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:52 PM
This is what I have and I can't get the roof to work on the 1x2 corners.

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 8:57 PM
What I would do is to drag a 2X7 shed roof over the whole of that area. Then build a roof above it, and the roof areas on the 1st floor will cutout where the roof on the second floor covers it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 9:49 PM
Seeing a picture of what you are roofing is helpful, I would also try dragging it right across. Leaving yourself 1 tile wide areas is always going to be a fiddle, 2 squares works better. If dragging it over doesn't give satisfactory results you may need to rework the shape of your build so there are 2 rather then 1 tile wide areas there to sit the roof on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:45 PM
I scraped it because I couldn't get the backside to do what the frontside did because the back side is 3 tiles by 2 tiles and when I took it to 3x3 it changed directions on me. I just don't have the patience to do this. LOL Thanks for the help anyways.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 7:16 AM Last edited by Acrylonitrile : 18th Feb 2023 at 2:35 AM.
while shed roofs will always change direction to be wider than they are deep, a square shed roof's (1x1, 2x2, 3x3, etc) direction is entirely determined by lot orientation, i.e. which direction the empty lot was facing when you originally placed it down (north/south or east/west). this also determines the direction of floor tile patterns. it cannot be changed; to get a different lot orientation, you just have to place a new one and start over. however, once the lot has been placed its orientation is set, so you can pick up the lot and rotate it however you like without affecting roofs or flooring. hope that makes sense.

edit: oh jeez totally misread the date on this, whoops... either way this is good info for any builder to have and i didn't realize it wasn't common knowledge.