Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:40 AM
Default Pre-order
Anyone find anwhere giving a bonus for pre-order like with other expansions, i hope they do!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:24 AM
I haven't seen anything yet - but I've decided I'm still gonna pre-order. Just because this EP is so popular already, I just know it's gonna be sold out if I go to a store to get it. OfB was sold out in 5 different stores around where I am, and it wasn't nearly as popular as this one is going to be..I wanna make sure I'll get a copy, and a bonus would certainly be a perk

I think there was something about getting a T-shirt if you pre-ordered on a different site..I don't remember where, though..but I think it was French or something.
#3 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:26 AM
I haven't noticed anywhere with pre-order goodies, though I might take a look. I'll probably pre-order this EP too, much for the same reasons. For some reason, the sims EPs always sell out over here - even though I don't know anyone else who plays it!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
I haven't noticed anywhere with pre-order goodies, though I might take a look. I'll probably pre-order this EP too, much for the same reasons. For some reason, the sims EPs always sell out over here - even though I don't know anyone else who plays it!

Exactly the same way here..this is a dinky little town, but somehow, any movies or video games I want are always sold out, even if they're brand new that day
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:29 AM
Yeah....

......Maybe they're really secretive about playing it?:P
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:30 AM
Apparently I know a few people who play it, but none are so devoted/obsessed to go out and buy it the same afternoon it's released
Me on the other hand...
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:36 AM
The site I pre-order from (Play.com) hasn't even got it up yet. They never have any goodies but it's usually much cheaper than anywhere else so I'm going to watch that instead of going for the gimics.

You can always get them later to the exchange anyway
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:41 AM
Do you really pre-order? Why? Here in Italy, it is sufficient to go to a shop a buy a game... you can always find them... There are thousands of pieces in everyshop and there isn't for sure the run as "first in first out", so, why hurry?
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:44 AM
Vaalyah - Its a bit different here. The game usually sells out in most stores on 1st day :O

..And then they take AGES to restock the shelves
#10 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:46 AM
And sometimes the online companies get them early (or actually get thm the same day as shops do - shops just can't put them out on the shelves to be bought until the official release, they get them a couple of days earlier) and send them out and if they have good postal service, you get it early as well!
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:50 AM
Really??? :wow I've never guessed this! Usually here there is no this kind of "run to the game"... I am shocked!
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:09 PM
Well if I can get enough money, I will for sure pre-order, but I really want a special goodie, *wishes for exclusive breed*
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:23 PM
I never pre-order, I think I once went and reserved a copy at a game story... it was Uni, or NL.

Generally the place I go to always has a few copies lying about, I usually get it a couple of days after the release and there's still some there. If not, I go somewhere else.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:29 PM
I don't preorder.I usually go to Best Buy and they have tons of OFB there.I might not be able to buy it right when it comes out.I'll have to pay for it with my own money,but it's around $30.00 in the US.
Theorist
#15 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:25 PM
I've never pre-ordered a game in my life. I have never really felt the need to. I'll most likely only pre-order Pets if there's a bonus. Now that you people mention it, maybe I should pre-order it anyway since this will no doubt be one of the best selling games of the year. If I do though I'm still waiting to see if there's a bonus or not. :einstein
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:10 PM
When I went to the store to get OFB they hadn't even ordered it home?!? so with Glamour and Pet I'll ask them to have it home on the right date, because I hate waiting! (;

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:41 PM
What kind of price have you been seeing it available for preorder, it finally appeared on play.com but was priced at £24.99 and that was supposedly with £8 off which is almost the price of the base game so i can;t help feeling maybe they have made a mistake especially as i then saw it on game.co.uk for £19.99
#18 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:00 PM
I'll probably pre-order it, but not until august or september, probably. I don't want to pre-order it way early.