Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26401 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 2:07 AM
I have a mod that causes nannies to be teenagers, first you have to kill off the old bats. This is a small hood, only 4 families. I've killed 9...which sounds to me like the game is still generating old nannies. Ideas?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#26402 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
I know but it takes forever to get a response in that forum

This. I posted in it on the 11th February and got 0 replies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26403 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:23 PM
What I would recommend to those having issues with upload, is to post your feedback in the Site Issues thread. That way they can get looked at by the moderators and discussed, as the staff are always glad for any feedback that might help to improve the upload process. Remember that the staff here are volunteers and they have to learn how to moderate, they are not just born with the ability! It is a time consuming job, very difficult and often there will be mistakes, but they are always willing to hear about those, and posting here is not likely to get noticed by the queue moderators. Also, what I notice is that some people (including myself) find the preparation of upload difficult and time consuming, and it is understandable that it gets frustrating. But this site is the best place to get custom content that is clearly labelled, has meshes and dependencies linked, good credit and clear instructions. The moderators are trying to maintain that quality, and whereas there are sometimes problems, I think it's a worthy value to have. If you disagree with the parameters or process, give feedback where it will be acted on and this will help to improve it for future.
Forum Resident
#26404 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
I mean, it was the same feedback I got on just about every essay I wrote when I was in college. So I thought it was funny that I haven't learned

Funnily enough, I'm the same at present; I'll get given an assignment that's something as little as 1,000 words, but I end up writing over 2,000... I have to lessen the word count by 'getting rid of the rubbish filler.'

I love sit and watch challenges sometimes, but wow, they can be frustrating at the same time.

Last night, I went into one of my throwaway hoods, went into a lot and just let the 9 sims living there do whatever. They all contracted the flu, which four of them died of before the burglar showed up and set fire to everything. Another died of the flu, as the remaining four burned to death. I quit without saving.

I'll say it went well

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#26405 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What I would recommend to those having issues with upload, is to post your feedback in the Site Issues thread. That way they can get looked at by the moderators and discussed, as the staff are always glad for any feedback that might help to improve the upload process. Remember that the staff here are volunteers and they have to learn how to moderate, they are not just born with the ability! It is a time consuming job, very difficult and often there will be mistakes, but they are always willing to hear about those, and posting here is not likely to get noticed by the queue moderators. Also, what I notice is that some people (including myself) find the preparation of upload difficult and time consuming, and it is understandable that it gets frustrating. But this site is the best place to get custom content that is clearly labelled, has meshes and dependencies linked, good credit and clear instructions. The moderators are trying to maintain that quality, and whereas there are sometimes problems, I think it's a worthy value to have. If you disagree with the parameters or process, give feedback where it will be acted on and this will help to improve it for future.

I did post. Got 0 replies. It's very hard to ask questions about the stuff that confuses you when noone answers them. I also replied directly like they tell you to do and got zilch.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26406 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 2:43 PM
Charity, the only thread I can find from you in the site issues forum is this one, did the thread that was ignored get deleted?
Mad Poster
#26407 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 2:50 PM
Alchemist
#26408 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 2:57 PM
@grammapat, yeah, it sounds like they are still respawning. From what I've read in Squinge's Teen/Adult/YA Nanny EP8 thread, there are only 3 nannies that you need to kill.

My advice is to make sure you put the mod in, then kill the nannies. If you've already done that, then it sounds like the mod isn't working, so I'd try testing it out in a test hood. Maybe you need to change the load order or something?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#26409 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 4:59 PM Last edited by bulbash : 2nd Mar 2021 at 10:00 PM.
How can I play Asheville with scripted notifications? I wonder if a mod conflict can mess up with them.

P.S. I think the events are working, but I'm still not getting any popups like in Maxis neighborhoods.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26410 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=652506
I think that must be in your moderation queue thread, as I can't view it. I would advise to post that link to the Site Issues forum and tell them the problems you are having with submitting work, so that they can take a look at it. This is the forum I mean:
https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Field Researcher
#26411 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 9:49 PM
Got another random mod question. If I have the Director's Cut from MATY is there anything that suppresses the crying softly action after sims die of old age? The action never occurs when an elder sim passes away and I've been trying to figure out why.

Call me Seth!
Forum Resident
#26412 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 12:24 AM
Dos nocrybabies affect it?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#26413 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mimipossa
Random question: Has anyone ever SAFELY (following Mootilda's tutorial here on MTS) deleted a considerable number of townies?
Yes, hundreds of them, and the "cleaned" neighbourhoods work just fine.
You need to back up your hoods, not be afraid of SimPE (but it's really just one click now with Theo's plugin), and you'll need the Hood Checker to spot those memories left behind, and then manually remove them in SimPE. It's memories like "furious" tokens if the deleted sim had enemies, some "door" tokens if the deleted sim was a dormie, animal memories too (stray pet met unknown), nothing scary or hard to do.
Alchemist
#26414 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 1:22 AM
Not 100% sure your problem is caused by something in the director's cut, trambling101, but if I were testing, I'd try taking out lesswhiny.

Otherwise, it does seem like a mod feature--I feel like there's one that makes sims grieve less unless they were close to the sim, but I cannot recall anything specific.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26415 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
This. I posted in it on the 11th February and got 0 replies.

Can't view it. Maybe post it here?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#26416 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Dos nocrybabies affect it?

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Not 100% sure your problem is caused by something in the director's cut, trambling101, but if I were testing, I'd try taking out lesswhiny.

Otherwise, it does seem like a mod feature--I feel like there's one that makes sims grieve less unless they were close to the sim, but I cannot recall anything specific.

I've already removed nocrybabies but haven't removed lesswhiny because it also mentioned that its a fix for teens always leaving. I'm wondering if lesswhiny also removes the crying after the sim passed away.. Something I like cause it actually showed some form of depression after you lost a loved one.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#26417 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think that must be in your moderation queue thread, as I can't view it. I would advise to post that link to the Site Issues forum and tell them the problems you are having with submitting work, so that they can take a look at it. This is the forum I mean:
https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24

As you can see it is in Site Issues, where they tell you to post if you have problems.
Screenshots
Instructor
#26418 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:14 PM
Can you not teach plantsim toddlers to walk/talk/potty?
Or does Daisy Greenman know these already and just not have memories?

I've never played with plantsims (or really any occult) in my personal gameplay - this is my first time doing Riverblossom Hills since my megahood 1.0 didn't have it but megahood 2.0 does. So everything plantsim is essentially brand new to me.

Edit:
Also both Rose and Daisy have the option to make skin normal or plantsim....is this part of a mod that I don't know I have, or is that actually a thing?
Alchemist
#26419 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:29 PM
CASnarl, you must have a mod allowing you to have the option to change the skin in game. And yes, all plantsim toddlers should automatically learn all the toddler skills.

My question: what are people's thoughts on the skill scholarships? Is 8 points too high? On one hand, I want sims to actually work for a scholarship, so I don't want to change it to be too low. But on the other hand, once a sim has 8 points in a skill, he or she is well on the way to being overskilled, imo. I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 7, but maybe I'm overthinking it?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#26420 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:37 PM
CASnarl, you must have a mod allowing you to have the option to change the skin in game.

Now I wonder what mod I have does that, because I don't remember downloading anything that would do that. Odd.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26421 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:12 PM
As you can see it is in Site Issues, where they tell you to post if you have problems.
Nope, that's in the Creator Issues forum, which is a subforum of the Site Issues forum. Go here and post:
https://modthesims.info/f/24/
(If you look at the URL of your post, it is /f/492)
The Site issues forum is public, so it can be seen by all users of MTS and all staff members. The Creators Issues subforum is specific to you and your queue moderators, but as you are getting no response there, post in the Site Issues forum about it and the appropriate people will see it. It is entirely possible that the moderator who was dealing with your upload has not logged onto the site for a while.
Instructor
#26422 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:46 PM
Also both Rose and Daisy have the option to make skin normal or plantsim....is this part of a mod that I don't know I have, or is that actually a thing?

Now I wonder what mod I have does that, because I don't remember downloading anything that would do that. Odd.

Apparently it's Monique's hacked computer??

Idk how that makes sense but that's what my 50/50 testing yielded.

If I take out my Mods-Monique folder (which is only the hacked computers + veranka's versions), the interaction on Rose & Daisy "Make Skin..." goes away.
If I put it back in, and remove ALL other mods, the interaction is there again.

I love those computers way too much so I guess I'll just deal with the interaction. I'll never use it, I don't want my plantsims to have normal skin, but I'm not getting rid of the computers.

EDIT:
Yep, I just read that in the description here . I got the computers from here which does not mention that.
I never read the mts description, and since I never played a plantsim until now, I never would have even noticed that.
Mad Poster
#26423 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 9:02 PM
My question: what are people's thoughts on the skill scholarships? Is 8 points too high? On one hand, I want sims to actually work for a scholarship, so I don't want to change it to be too low. But on the other hand, once a sim has 8 points in a skill, he or she is well on the way to being overskilled, imo. I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 7, but maybe I'm overthinking it?

Good question. I am a player who "lets kids to be kids". So no other skills than 3 in cooking for kids unless they autonomously gain some in other areas.( And 3 in cooking only if they have kid's oven). Teens who have interests and hobby in some areas will gain specific skills but at the age they are either to grow up or go to college there is always problem thet they have 6 or 7 points on a skill so no scolarship for them. In my opinion 6 is enough, It shows as skilled in chemistry too. And I don't like to see them to sit and read books if there is something more interesting to do.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26424 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 9:21 PM

That it's too high. I have to set my sims higher skill levels over toddler/child/teenhood just to give them a chance of making 8 and getting a scholarship. Then there is the issue that you have learnt nearly all you can learn in an area at just 18 with barely any life experience.
I would much rather they go to uni with 6 points to a scholarship because we all know we have much more to learn past 18.

Quote: Originally posted by @Charity

That's creator issues, only staff can see that area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#26425 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:38 PM
Can you set produce for sale in a home business?
Like if Leod McGreggor starts a home business can he sell the stuff he harvests?
Page 1057 of 1347