Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26451 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:40 AM
Fortune sims tend to roll a Have Baby want shortly after getting married, and other aspirations will occasionally roll it at random, though I don't think I've ever seen a Pleasure or Romance sim roll it in the absence of a secondary aspiration. I never pay attention to how much a want is worth unless aspiration is extremely low, sorry.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Instructor
#26452 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:44 AM
I can answer both questions, actually.

Why not partner them up? Well, what if they don't like each other?
Turns out they do, they had a dream date and if it weren't for some routing issues they would've ACR woohoo'd on the couch. Dora Ottomas was over and walked through the archway at the same time as Betty and got in the way.

Why are there no single eligible rich women? Because the only bisexual/gay single women are:
Olive Specter, who she has negative chemistry with
Bianca Monty, who is not rich
Melody Tinker, who is a teen
Jodie Larson, who is the exact opposite of rich
Jules O'Mackey, who is a teen
Cleo Shikibu, who is not rich
Dora Ottomas, who is not rich
Kimberly Cordial, who she has negative chemistry with
Tara DeBateau, who is a teen
Chastity Gere, who she has negative chemistry with
Ginger Newson, who is a teen
Sam Thomas, DJ Verse, Jasmine Rai, Zoe Zimmerman, Klara Vonderstein, Stella Terrano, Delilah O'Feefe, and Ellen Frost, who are all young adults and so most definitely not rich

Probably doesn't help that I have a variety of mods to make my sim's financial lives more difficult, as well as tuned the value to be considered rich to be higher since it being based on networth makes it too easy. There are not many rich men either, but there are a few.
Alchemist
#26453 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 3:19 AM
Hmm, looks like you're playing a megahood, so you probably don't want to marry townies, but, in case you don't mind, the NL vampires always seem to move in with a bunch of money (like 35-40K) and then there's the diva of course.

Otherwise, yeah, Betty Goldstein is usually the rich sim my other sims are trying to get! In my last save, a Pleasantview-Riverblossom-Bluewater hood, she and Catherine made a deal with the head witch to become young again and they became teen evil witches. This time around they'll build their own fortune and find some easy-going partner to boss around and have kids with. I don't think they were too happy about it, though. One of them (Betty, I think) kept rolling wants to be cured.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#26454 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:05 PM
Definite no for the Betty x Consort thing. She deserves better. She deserves to live her elderly years surrounded by friends in Riverblossom and not getting wound up in whatever unethical thing Capp Inc. does. Also she's in the law career if I remember correctly, one of them would probably realize she could find something in the company to take to court. If you really want to marry her off, I'd say a Diva or Mr. Big too, but I think she'd be much more happy to spend time with Catherine and the boys. (I'm kinda biased bc they feel very close to the Golden Girls to me, so take all this with a grain of salt lol)
Scholar
#26455 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:18 PM
yet another stupid question:

Can I mix and match binned hair families? What I mean is this -- I like Pooklet's color group 1 the best, except for red. I like group 2 from that. Aside from gray being a different color when the sim elders, will it screw things up genetically or in cas?

If not, I may consider getting "fancy" and doing a different group for each color (black 3, brown 4, blonde 1, red 2) so that when the sims age up, they will have different colors of grey hair instead of everyone having the exact shade of grey.
--
Do some of you put in all 16 hair colors? What happens when 2 different blondes have a baby? Is one group dominant over another?
Field Researcher
#26456 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Fortune sims tend to roll a Have Baby want shortly after getting married, and other aspirations will occasionally roll it at random, though I don't think I've ever seen a Pleasure or Romance sim roll it in the absence of a secondary aspiration. I never pay attention to how much a want is worth unless aspiration is extremely low, sorry.

Understood, I'm having a discussion with somebody and I'm trying to see if anybody can confirm that value. The 5,000 value only rolls for Fortune and Knowledge sims occasionally, usually after getting married, but not always the case. The only source I have right now is The Sims Wiki which is not a valid source unfortunately. In my old game (ca. 2013-14) I've seen the 5k want roll, but now I only see the 8k value regardless of aspiration and I believe that I have a mod installed that affects this. I'm just trying to see if anybody can provide documentation to support my claim.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#26457 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:44 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Mar 2021 at 3:36 AM.
@kewpie, two things about hair families (that I can think of)

Quote:
Can I mix and match binned hair families? What I mean is this -- I like Pooklet's color group 1 the best, except for red. I like group 2 from that. Aside from gray being a different color when the sim elders, will it screw things up genetically or in cas?

1: If the family only have one grey connected to them and you want to keep the grey, make sure you keep the hair in that family that has the grey hair in it (usually the biggest file in KBs, or open up the file in SimPE or similar and find the one with a grey texture). Otherwise the elder will NOT get a grey and most likely will end up with a different hair when aging. The grey/elder files are referenced in the 3 other colors with this binning method, so it's like deleting a "master" file. It also means that if you try recoloring the hair with missing referenced grey/elder resources, those will be missing from the files.

2: If you remove hairs from a family, when you're in CAS or in "change appearance" - if you change between hair colors, the missing hair colors will jump to a different hair instead of to the hairstyle the sim originally had (familied hairs will jump between familied colors of the same style).

Other than this, genetically it won't matter. You can mix and match the hairs as much as you want.

You can re-family the hairs - it's quite easy.

You can use Cat's binner, but it can sometimes be a bit moody on already binned hairs (work on copies of the files and make sure to test the new ones before removing the copies).

If you're somewhat comfy with SimPE you can do it there (might be a good idea if Cat's binner is in the moody corner). What you do is to find the "PropertySet" resource in each file, and find the four different "Family" strings from the files (each family will have an identical string). Copy/paste them to a Notepad document. Then you figure out which colors you want to go together and which you don't want to keep - black, red, blonde and brown in one family (and if you have 1-3 alone in a last family that's fine too). Then you assign each new family one of the numbers, paste it into the "Family" string, click "commit" and save the file, doing so for all of them.

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Do some of you put in all 16 hair colors? What happens when 2 different blondes have a baby? Is one group dominant over another?

You can have all the colors you want, none are dominant other than black and brown over red and blond (as per usual unless you have a mod). By default there are only 4 colored hair bins (plus grey and custom). Pooklet's colors are usually binned in 4 families. They're binned one of each red+blonde+black+brown together in one family, as 4 separate families that don't interfere with each other. Hair families are given a long string of randomized numbers, and you can have as many hair families as there can be randomized numbers, so I assume quite a lot of them (the strings are over double the length of GUID numbers, so... a lot).

Babies don't care. They don't get hairstyles from their parents, they just get hair color from their parents - there's still only 4 colors to choose from, so they get one of the regular colors (black, brown, etc.)

Don't bin two hairs of the same color in the same family. It only creates trouble. **

** You can do it, but usually one takes over the other, and the family part of the hair binning doesn't work properly, and sometimes the sim suddenly changes hair color randomly when aging or if one of the hairs haven't been properly clothing-categorized, or the other one won't randomly appear on sims at all. I think I had a couple hairs like that where one blonde was binned to show for all categories except pregnant, but the other did show as pregnant, so when a sim turned pregnant she suddenly changed hair color. At the time I had no idea what happened, but I have a feeling it was something like this.

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Do some of you put in all 16 hair colors?

I used to put in all 16 colors (and more) but found I rarely use all of them, so I've become a bit more selective, and I'm planning to clean out the colors I don't use (haven't gotten that far yet). My hair section is quite cluttered, especially the red one, because I have so many but hardly ever use them because a lot of the ones I have are very intense (especially Pooklet's originals). I like them a bit more toned down. And I rarely need 4 almost identical black colors, or that blond and brown I almost never use. So I think I've cut it down to a bit less than 3 families. And then I went and made some color actions of my own *sigh* (but maybe I can fix those reds finally, and add on the brownish black I've missed... Not too picky on greys because I hardly have any elders outside of storytelling).
Alchemist
#26458 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 12:28 AM
@kewpie
1. Can I mix and match binned hair families?
Yes! You can make your own families and rearrange the Pooklet shades. As simmer22 mentioned you can use Cat's Hair Binner and it's easy/simple. I also have used Wardrobe Wrangler, if you already have that.

2. If not, I may consider getting "fancy" and doing a different group for each color (black 3, brown 4, blonde 1, red 2) so that when the sims age up, they will have different colors of grey hair instead of everyone having the exact shade of grey.
I think that's how Pooklet hairs are already set up. At least ones with the full color swatch anyway. Family 1 has a different grey than Family 2 and so on.

3. Do some of you put in all 16 hair colors?
Definitely not! My current Download folder is at 22 GB and counting--I don't have space for 20 or so colors of every hair, especially if I don't even like them! I narrowed down my list of acceptable hairs to about 8-10, maybe less. I recommend you do the same and cull some colors. Find a hair that has a full swatch and preview it. Pick which colors you like and which ones are maybes and then the next time you download, don't even extract the colors you don't like. That's what I do. And to empty your download folder of those dreaded recolors you already installed, use your favorite file finder and search for the color name and delete the ones that come up. Like Primer. Or Grenade. Etc. I have a handy-dandy no-no list on my desk to help remember acceptable and unacceptable shades. Doing that helps with all color actions, tbh. Anyway! Searching for the color name should get rid of about 80-90% of the problem files, as there some creators that don't name their files with the Pooklet swatch names, but most do, especially nowadays.

3B. What happens when 2 different blondes have a baby? Is one group dominant over another?
I also like shades that aren't in the same family so as I clean up my hair folder I've re-binned/familied them so they are linked properly. For Reds and Blondes, I do have multiple shades as sometimes I want some sims to have slightly brighter or darker hair. In those situations, I think I made the secondary shade link to the primary shade, but not the other way around. For example, I only have one black so my blonde/red 2 and 3 link to black 1, but black 1 links to blonde 1. Makes sense? I hope so, cuz I can't remember exactly how I did that, but if you need, let me know and I'll dig up the tutorials I used.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#26459 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 4:12 AM
I looked at CatOfEvilGenius's Hair Binner and yeah, that's the tool to use. Each hair color can have their own separate grey, you can add more than one shade (brown/blond/red) in a family, and it will apply correct genetics, making black and brown dominant over blonde and red.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#26460 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Did the forum get updated? Suddenly the links to the last post in a thread are gone. ...Or is it just me?
They're back! They were for a couple of days, but they came back about an hour ago. I guess they just got removed by mistake.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#26461 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:03 PM
I gave up using AnyGameStarter a while ago because I was having a bunch of weird and confusing problems with it.

I'm trying again though because while I use LazyDuchess's RPC launcher to run my normal game, I'd like to also have an AGS minigame to test things with. (If I can get it to launch those two games without it interfering with each other, I'll be happy and won't need to create any more AnyGames in the future.)

I feel like it would be easier to troubleshoot this if I understood exactly what AGS is doing. Would anyone be able to ELI5 how it works and why I keep getting those popups about changing the registry?
Mad Poster
#26462 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Understood, I'm having a discussion with somebody and I'm trying to see if anybody can confirm that value. The 5,000 value only rolls for Fortune and Knowledge sims occasionally, usually after getting married, but not always the case. The only source I have right now is The Sims Wiki which is not a valid source unfortunately. In my old game (ca. 2013-14) I've seen the 5k want roll, but now I only see the 8k value regardless of aspiration and I believe that I have a mod installed that affects this. I'm just trying to see if anybody can provide documentation to support my claim.

As I like to play big hoods and send my sims to community lots all the time, I do believe the way one plays has an influence on the wants rolled. It probably has to do with personality as well. Example : I often see sims rolling the want to have a baby after they have talked to children on a community lot; despite the aspiration, although romance sims do not, but pleasure sims do - and they love playing with children, so I guess it makes sense in a way. It also seems as if sims of any aspiration, after attending a good house party or outing, will then want to throw their own party or outing
Mad Poster
#26463 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
I gave up using AnyGameStarter a while ago because I was having a bunch of weird and confusing problems with it.

I'm trying again though because while I use LazyDuchess's RPC launcher to run my normal game, I'd like to also have an AGS minigame to test things with. (If I can get it to launch those two games without it interfering with each other, I'll be happy and won't need to create any more AnyGames in the future.)

I feel like it would be easier to troubleshoot this if I understood exactly what AGS is doing. Would anyone be able to ELI5 how it works and why I keep getting those popups about changing the registry?

Quote from Numenor: If you use any "Ultimate Collection" NOT from Origin, try using the AGS v. 2.1.1. Which version you have?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26464 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
I'll try to explain the AGS:

Mad Poster
#26465 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@ AndrewGloria can you clear your pm box? I got told it is full.
Sorry about that. I've just deleted over 150 "You have a new mentions", so I'm able to receive PMs again.

I'll tag everybody who's been trying to PM me in the last few days and weeks.
@joandsarah77
@Mischief Managed
@CASnarl
@Freefalldreams
@HarVee -- I'll PM you shortly with a reply
@simsample

I think that's everyone who's tried to contact me by PM since I got my new computer in October. In some cases the matters have been otherwise resolved, but if there's anything else you'd like to say to me, please feel free to PM me now (or when you've got time).

Apologies again for the inconvenience I've caused.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#26466 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:14 AM
I only have 32 of the 500 allowed Guess I'm not very popular.

(or it's that I've only been super duper regularly active for the last few months despite having my account since 2012)
Forum Resident
#26467 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 1:14 AM
I can relate, CASnarl; I have 22 PMs! Not that I really mind anyway, I'm not the most conversational

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#26468 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 1:41 AM
Is there any way for a non-Family Sim to learn to make Grandma's Comfort Soup, other than by adding Family as the secondary aspiration and waiting until they get the aspiration reward? It seems an odd thing for a Romance Sim to want, if there's no way she can fulfill it while still being true to herself.
Mad Poster
#26469 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:23 AM
Nope. Usually those wants roll because the sim ate that food recently.
Mad Poster
#26470 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
So... Betty Goldstein and Consort Capp... ye or ne?

She wants to marry a rich sim, and I kid you not all the other eligible single rich men are gay.

Although, Betty's bi. But there's no eligible rich single women.

No, because Dora Ottomas has dibs on Consort Capp in my world!

But seriously, why not get them together? Consort's a perfectly nice patar familias, and Betty's plenty tough. They should go well together.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#26471 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Is there any way for a non-Family Sim to learn to make Grandma's Comfort Soup, other than by adding Family as the secondary aspiration and waiting until they get the aspiration reward? It seems an odd thing for a Romance Sim to want, if there's no way she can fulfill it while still being true to herself.

It is if sim has any other family sim in household. Just let family sim take out GCS items from fridge and cancel preparing. Now you can direct your non-family sim to prepare. They will get "Learn to make GCS" want satisfied.
Make sure he/she will not burn it, burned food don't count.
Scholar
#26472 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:04 AM
Thanks, Annaminna!

@trambling101 - I've just had a Knowledge couple roll the Have a Baby want (good thing too, since she was already in her third trimester!), and the reward was 5,000 aspiration points for both of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26473 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Sorry about that. I've just deleted over 150 "You have a new mentions", so I'm able to receive PMs again.

I'll tag everybody who's been trying to PM me in the last few days and weeks.

I think that's everyone who's tried to contact me by PM since I got my new computer in October. In some cases the matters have been otherwise resolved, but if there's anything else you'd like to say to me, please feel free to PM me now (or when you've got time).

Apologies again for the inconvenience I've caused.

No worries Andrew, it wasn't important.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#26474 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 10:26 AM
Is there any reason why CC would simply not show up in Bodyshop? I have the mesh and the recolours. It doesn't show the maxis outfit like it does if you're missing the mesh or the white outfit that shows if you're missing the textures. It just shows nothing at all.
Lab Assistant
#26475 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 11:13 AM Last edited by ClaudetteCorleone : 7th Mar 2021 at 11:29 AM.
^ Referring to 'shows nothing at all', do you mean that the mesh doesn't show but the sim's body is still visible or - it shows completely nothing?

Page 1059 of 1345