Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
And can you actually run all three programs (Sims 2, SimPE, and Bodyshop) at the same time?
No, but I can very quickly close one down and open another. Even my game, with all its CC loads in under 2 minutes. I could probably get it even quicker if I didn't use the Launcher. It took 15 minutes or more to start up the game on my old computer.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
No, but I can very quickly close one down and open another. Even my game, with all its CC loads in under 2 minutes. I could probably get it even quicker if I didn't use the Launcher. It took 15 minutes or more to start up the game on my old computer.

That's nothing on this dinosaur that I'm using - often it would take longer than that! Anyhoo, I will be saving up for a good computer with a dedicated video card and not just the dinky integrated graphics chip. Even if it does cost more, it would be worth the longer wait.

Been finding that chopping up long-term goals into smaller ones (like making six eBay listings a day for thirty days) can help a lot. I've just been so depressed as of late. Not the boo-hoo depressed but more like I just wasn't up to doing much else other than playing some windows game like Ants (this castle-building card game which is quite addictive) or FreeCell and listening to YouTube Reddit narration videos while stuffing my fat face with junk food. Just didn't have any motivation and when I tried, I would take lots of pictures of the stuff I wanted to list, then I'd end up forgetting about half of it and then make a fine mess. Making drafts, then taking pictures later on and then finally finishing the listings was so much easier. And I figure if I can get my ass in gear like this in the long term, I can get myself a nice computer and not have to rely on old machines people are throwing away.

And yes, I know it sounds kinda dumb coming from someone my age, but I've had a lot of weird issues growing up like Aspergers Syndrome which has made it hard for me to get and keep a job. And the things I fixate on are *rarely* beneficial in any way. (and yet, I am still quite conservative or at least libertarian hy-yuk!)

But anyway, thank you for the advice!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I wouldn't go for anything with just the intergrated graphics card and choose one with a dedicated graphics card instead which is why I now play UC on my 8 year old laptop.I would also look for a Windows 7 emulator or go dual boot to get it to run TS2 because Windows 10 dosen't like older games too much.

Really? Ah man, that sucks. Was looking forward to buying this one, do you think it's worth it? It doesn't have a DEDICATED graphics card, and I plan to upgrade its memory to the max, 20GB.

Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-72KU

Intel Core i7 10510U (8MB cache)
Intel UHD Graphics 620
512 GB (NVMe Gen3 x4) SSD
8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz

Any other specs I should list here? Thanks in advance
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 7:59 PM
nah, I dunno form where this legend of integrated GPU-s came (yeah they will s*ck if you try to play the Witcher ;p ).

Everything since HD4000 will do just fine.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Page 2 of 2