Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 218 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pets sinking in the floor
I have thoroughly searched SimWiki and Google for an answer, nothing. My pets are sinking into the floor. I have patched my game and have no idea what to do now. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 9:37 PM
Take out your cc and test. If it stops, it's a cc issue.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 10:07 PM
From what I know, pets sinking into the floor is a symptom of a reset caused by an object error. If you don't know the cause of the object error, turn debug mode on by opening the cheat console (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and typing 'boolProp testingcheatsenabled true.' Enter the lot, or replicate what caused the object error and the log should save. It will save in Logs in your The Sims 2 folder. You can find the cause there.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
From what I know, pets sinking into the floor is a symptom of a reset caused by an object error. If you don't know the cause of the object error, turn debug mode on by opening the cheat console (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and typing 'boolProp testingcheatsenabled true.' Enter the lot, or replicate what caused the object error and the log should save. It will save in Logs in your The Sims 2 folder. You can find the cause there.

==
I'm getting that too; and WORSE, Sims are resetting (dropping whatever they are supposed to do, etc) When I had testingcheats on, it listed everything in the house - including SIMS! And the error messages pop up so fast I had a hard time getting out of it! I tried moving 2 glitching families into new houses...it kept happening. And now my attached college hood is doing the same thing. So I'm thinking Custom conflict...Yes?

Namaste... or "go"
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:59 AM
Do you have any of the error logs?