Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real Body Overlays - Tattoos Updated 12/10/2008

by Morague Posted 13th Jul 2007 at 11:22 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2009 at 12:37 AM by Morague

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 11:16 PM
you're so awesome dude!!! you really made a home run!! I been studying meshing, coloring, SimPE, trying to find out how can this be accomplished, and it's even more awesome your will to let us modify your files to use our own tattoos if we want to! I'm gonna add my own tattoo in a MeSim I'm doing. I can even add beauty marks, scars, whatever!
Man..... I respect you!
Forum Resident
#52 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 12:25 AM
This was a great idea! I've always wanted one of these! Thanks, Morague!
Instructor
#53 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:09 AM
this is a major breakthrough. Thank you so much.
Theorist
#54 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:22 AM
Yes, breakthrough was exactly the word I was just going to use! Now I will actually be able to use tattoos in the game. Having tattoos as genetically inherited with skintone just didn't make sense! Thank you!
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:56 AM
will it be available for other sims EPs or base game in the future?

you're awesome!
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:28 AM
ive been waiting for this for a long time
Space Pony
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 2:40 AM
canoro,

Definitely not for the base game because the primitive doesn't exist in the base game or any EP until Pets for doing this type of overlay. This is based on the sunburn overlay, not the Vampire overlay.

The primitive (4e) was first introduced with Werewolfs - this is not the same one that is used with Vampires & Werewolves came with Pets. Although it would be great to be able to do them for lower EPs, I do not believe it's possible & really, for the amount of work involved, I am not certain there is any benefit to reworking it just for Pets.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 3:21 AM
Finally someone managed it! I'd requested this idea sooooooooo many times over the last couple years. It's great to see it done. Good work!
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 3:58 AM
I don't have Seasons (nor am I going to get it). D: I was always hoping for something like this. ;-;

Thanks, though. ^^'

I belong in a museum!
- The Ugly One
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 4:44 AM
will you be ading anymore tattoos? very cool item thanx
Space Pony
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 6:51 AM
yeah - I'm going to add some more tattoos Just not immediately - I honestly spend a huge amount of time on this & need a small break from it.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 7:11 AM
fantabulous job!
thank you so much!
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 8:39 AM
ummm... can someone tell me where can I find those in the game?
(when I started Sims 2 he asked me if I really want to install it and I click "Enable"

I searched all in the "Making sim"...
Sorry for being such a dummy ^^"
Space Pony
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:19 AM
Ryuu8

It's an object you have to purchase from the Miscellaneous\Miscellaneous category - it looks like a crate. After you place it, have the sim click on the crate & add the tattoo.
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:39 AM
OK... I found it (thanks BTW)
but when I click on the crate and command "add"... the computer lag for a second and nothing happend (Like I never clicked in it...)

and thanks again ^^"
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
yeah - I'm going to add some more tattoos Just not immediately - I honestly spend a huge amount of time on this & need a small break from it.
cool thanx
Space Pony
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:25 AM
Ryuu8

Well, that is very weird - it should have worked. Is it possible the sim was just dress in clothing that covered all of the tattoos? or is the sim you tried it on a werewolf? It will not work on werewolves - even if they are in their "normal" skin. If that's not the case, can you try it on a different sim & see if it works. I am going to try to get it working correctly with the plantsims & werewolves but right nw there is a problem with them.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 12:24 PM
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM
This is really quite wonderful, I was wondering if there is a way to put on only one tattoo at a time? Like, only the back tattoo, or just the shoulder one, etc.

If not, that's alright. The one sim I've used this on so far, she looks beautiful!
Banned
#70 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 4:55 PM
Amazing! You're a genius!!!
Thankx a lot!!!!
Banned Asshat
#71 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 8:00 PM
Your a genius, a wizzard!!!
You could replace the tattoo's with your favorite skintonetexture?
And kick out all skintones except maxis ones?
And is it possible to link a mesh to it?
Gotta get me seasons!! Awesome Job.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#72 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:17 PM
bLURR - this works on all skin tones - even custom ones. It does not work on plantsims or sims who turn into Werewolves. I don't know enough about the body mesh linking but I suspect t will alos wok on those - I don;t see any reason it wouldn;t.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:21 PM
Carida,

The tattoo is just the way it is - but - it is easy for you to change it if you want to. Start SimPE & export the tattoo texture. Change it in a paint program - just erase the parts you don't want. Then, in SimPe, right click on the texture & choose Import DXF (if you don't have that option see the SmPe web site) then pick the modified texture. Commit & save. That's it - it's easy & fast to do.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:29 PM Last edited by JLonier : 5th Nov 2007 at 9:48 AM. Reason: Removing all caps and feature this shout
Holy shit on a stick you did it! You really did it! Major breakthrough in Sims2 modding!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 2:03 AM
Awesome!

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Page 3 of 7