Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2012 at 3:21 AM Last edited by Riptide651 : 16th May 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Default Interiors - An Interior Design Contest
Note: Requires 10 contestants to take off.

Concept:
This contest is basically a one room interior design contest. There will be an Application round, 3 rounds, and a final. In each round you will be given a specific room to design and over the course of the competition you will be able to chose from 5 different categories, but you may not choose one you already used. In each round you will be given a set of rooms to choose from and construct in those parameters.

Qualifications to host:
I have fully participated in wgroome's "Foundations for Families" contest, in which I received 3rd Place.

Rules:
- The contest is open to TS3.
- Non-Elimination (Because it is mainly for fun)
- All Custom Content is allowed, but you will get extra points if you do without it.
- All EPs/Sps allowed (This includes Store Content)
- No Photoshop Allowed, unless its borders or text.

Requirements/Entry Format:
- Each round should fit a specific style, and contain all of the required objects for that round. If an object is unclear, please note it in your entry. (Ex. Some integrated fridges match the shelving and counters.)
- State the style in your entry.
- No budget unless specified.
- Editing the shape of the rooms will result in loss of points for each judge. (You are allowed to edit windows, doors, arches fireplaces and such because the rooms will have none.)
- Keep in mind - window placement doesn't necessarily have to look good on the outside, because the pictures are only indoors.
- Do not edit the size or shape of the room/rooms in the download unless there is an exception in the specific round specifications.
- One overview floorplan, 2 sim's eye view photos, and 2 "sims-in-action" shots in the room are required. 3 more optional pictures are allowed, to a maximum of 8 images total.

Note: You are allowed to remove the black flooring from the outside, I only added it to accent the room.

Also, note for the judges and contestants, contestants are allowed to rotate the room orientation, because it doesn't really affect the interior. They cannot mirror it though, plus it's already prebuilt, but they can rotate it on lots.

Note: Since the rooms are not built to accommodate fireplaces, since not everyone might want to place one, feel free to place the chimney of the fireplace outside of the room, or if you place it indoors to build a wall around it.

Entry Format:

Round # - Style chosen

(Insert quick description of highlights and interesting features of the room.)

Room Layout Picture (Much like floor plan - Overhead View)

Required Pictures (2)

Optional Pictures (Up to 3)

Extra Notes about CC, or confusing content.

Timeline:

Since constructing one room is relatively an easier process than constructing a house, each round lasts 1 week (7 days) and ends at 11:59:59 GMT-7. The application Round will last 2 weeks, to allow for people to enter. The Rounds will not overlap, but I will release the requirements while the judging is occurring. Any entries submitted before the start of the next round will lose 5 points from every judge. The next round will start the day the scores are released.

Clock:
GMT-7/California Time

RoundBeginningEndingStatus
ApplicationMay 5thMay 19thOpen
Round 1May 20thMay 27th
Round 2May 28thJune 4th
Round 3June 11thJune 18th
Final RoundJune 19thJune 26th

Judges:

Judge 1Judge 2Judge 3Backup/Emergency Judge
Riptide651kattenijinwgroomewaterjay

Judging:

The scores will be compiled as the contest progresses. There will be a total of 25 points given by 3 judges each.

Room Layout - 6 points per judge.
Style Conformity - 5 points.
Room Requirements - 5 points
Color Scheme - 4 points.
Rules - 5 points (will be removed from each judge if rules are broken)
No CC - 1 point (Not included in total 25; ex. 26/25)

Contestants

ApplicationRound 1Round 2Round 3Final Round
leviniApplication
ReyaDApplication
VolvenomApplication
ZokugaiApplication
sandymdhApplication
ShhhApplication
pandoransarkApplication

Styles

- Modern (Can range from Contemporary to Mid-Century to Modern Victorian to Refined Industrial)
- Grunge
- Classical/Baroque
- Rustic/Country
- International Styles (French, Chinese, etc..)

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th May 2012 at 3:22 AM
Contest Approved
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:01 AM
I'm Checking In, lets get this started!

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:22 AM
Can I judge this contest? :3
Scholar
#5 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:05 PM
Always willing to be a judge.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:04 PM
I'm happy to be a judge, too!
(Of course, I'd enter if it was Sims 2/if my Sims 3 was working! )

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:25 PM
All right, then we have our other three judges. I will be posting the Application Round material in a few, I'm just a little behind Schedule.

GTA V
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:54 PM
Application Round:

Set of floorplans to choose from:

Floorplan 1

Floorplan 2

Floorplan 3

Required Room: Living Room
Required Objects: Couch, Coffee Table, At Least 2 Items of Deco, Living Chair.

NOTE: Feel free to use more than the required objects.

Budget: None Specified

The floorplans are for download below with their corresponding numbers.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Application - Floorplan 2.rar (194.4 KB, 29 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Application - Floorplan 3.rar (186.6 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Application - Floorplan 1.rar (223.8 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

GTA V
Instructor
#9 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:59 AM Last edited by levini : 7th May 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Application Round - Grunge

Info about Room
This is a small room in a factory converted to a livable space by a crazy young girl. Something interesting about the room is the table made of tiles.

Room Layout Picture
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356458

Required Pictures (Sim eye view and Sim in action)
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356428
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356451
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356531
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336358447

Optional Pictures (Up to 5)
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356446
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356428
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1336356404

Extra Notes about CC, or confusing content.
Notes for Judges
- Table holding the pizza box is A coffee table, along with the tiled table on cinderblocks.
- The clothing dummy, and the cart are my Two required deco pieces
- The knocked over living chair is a functional living chair
- The Couch obviously is a couch
- The knocked over thing with the rusty looking parts is the chair. the other one leaning against the window is the bookcase

CC Credit (To prevent WCIF's)
For the most part, most of the patterns there are Guatla, Robokitty and Geldyh.
The Table holding the pizza box , the chair near the desk, the white sideboard, the lamp near the door along with the Knocked over chair is by Sandy at ATS
The TV and the Couch are from the Loud, fast, Crash set from the TS3 store
The curtains & both Wall writings are from Club Crimsyn
The Desk, windows/door and Shopping trolley are From Cyclonesue@TSR
The cinder blocks and Tiled Table are from Louma at BPS
The Police tape is by Skeletal Screams
The Pizza box, Trash pile, beer bottles and knocked over trash can I have no idea who made.

Sim content
- Sim by Me (Just a random maxis sim made over )
- Skin by Kanno
- Dress by Elexis
- Hair is I believe by Lotus or Anubis
- Fishnet on legs and arms are by MissSkitty
- Gloves by Merkaba
- Pattern (White) is by Geldyh
- Pattern (Red) is not known.
- Boots are by Anubis
- Eyebrows are by Elexis
- Lipstick is by Elexis
- Eyeliner is Ambitions unlocked by Omegastarr
- Choker is from the Late Night Expansion

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Riptide651 : 7th May 2012 at 6:45 AM.
Yay! First contestant, I just entered levini into the contestants box, also just an edit, the numbers of optional pics conflicted so I changed the number in the entry format to 3 to keep at the 8 pictures amount.

Aslo, since I forgot to mention this earlier, feel free to remove the black flooring outside of the floorplan. In case you use large windows so you can make the exterior nice. Since levini's entry isn't really affected by it, he doesn't have to change it
unless he wants to.

Also, levini, is the chair the box propped up against the wall, because I can't seem to find it.

GTA V
Instructor
#11 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:35 AM
Riptide, I edited my entry to include a note about the Chair and the bookcase.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2012 at 3:02 PM
All right, thank you.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:32 PM
Riptide, can I put some of those rooms' designs in here? Of course, since I'm an emergency judge, I wouldn't be counted as a contestant, but is it allowed? It's okay if I can't, I'd totally understand! Thanks in advance!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:18 PM
I'm sorry, but no.

If you would like to, I can ask heaven if I can make a chat thread and if I make one, feel free to post them there.

GTA V
Scholar
#15 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:33 PM
Application - Classical

The room contains two doors, one to the bottom of the screen in the overheard view which would lead towards the rest of the house, and a set of double doors to the left hand side which would lead to a back or side yard. Windows are placed on only three sides of the room to add light to the room and there is absolutely NO custom content.

Room Layout Picture

Required Pictures (Sims Eye View)

Required Pictures (Sims in Action)

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:09 AM
I inputted Reya's entry earlier today, and I'm sorry waterjay, but I'm not allowed to make a chat thread. We could end up using them as banners though, along with other pictures, feel free to PM them to me if that suits you.

GTA V
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:09 AM
What's the ideal on store items?
Instructor
#18 Old 8th May 2012 at 11:11 AM
I would belive they are allowed, if that is what is being asked. whether or not if it counts as CC, I dunno.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:04 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 13th May 2012 at 8:08 PM.
It does not count as CC, and it is allowed.

GTA V
dodgy builder
#20 Old 8th May 2012 at 5:36 PM
My storyline is an older lady used to work at the theater and now she is retired. She lives in an apartment in Paris, loves food, reading, and keeps some birds in a cage. From time to time she collects new ingredients for her experimental food and keep them in some jaws in the livingroom. Sometimes she keeps them too long, but she can't just through it away. They didn't do that during the war
Style: International French.

Above:

2 pics from sims view:

2 pics from sim in action:

CC in these pictures: Floor and roof from TSR, either Brandon or Ayyuff
Plant from SasiliaTSR: little pot by the birds cage.
Plant from SimcredibledesignTSR: bigger plant on the floor by the Drawer.
Hanging plant from KateLysTSR: Above the Drawer.
TablePlant from Vitasims3: On the Drawer.

That should be all. The old lady should only have EA content on here.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th May 2012 at 3:44 PM
I see Riptide fixed the main post to show that Store Content does NOT count as CC. Just a note at the bottom as well for anyone who didn't get a chance to glance up at that or notice it. Store Content is official content and will not be counted as CC for the contest. Therefore, you may use what you like to your little heart's desire.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th May 2012 at 11:50 PM
I know this is a little early to start being in need of contestants, but I am choosing to extend the deadline for the application three more days bringing the total round time to two weeks. All the other rounds will stay the same.

GTA V
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 10th May 2012 at 1:17 AM
I think the contests need to be advertised because they are hard to find via the menus.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:18 AM
I currently have it in my sig, any other ideas?

GTA V
Instructor
#25 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:51 AM
I have the contest in my Siggy too . anything else I can do would be appreciated.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)

Page 1 of 2