Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Complete set of CAS face replacements - 27 faces, all ages

by selzi Posted 19th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM by selzi : Added fixed faces #21 and #25

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 198 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:05 PM
Wow, this must have taken a lot of time. Thank you so much for sharing these with us! My sims look radically different from NPCs & townies, so this will be excellent for my endeavors to prettify them.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:12 PM
i do love these! especially no.6! i'm going to have so much fun using these! thank you
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:12 PM
You did a really great work, 204 faces, it's amazing! I understand your wish to make the sims possibly more beautiful, that's my goal too (but I'm not so skilled ). Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:16 PM
Thank you once again for your nice comments, girls and guys!

Quote: Originally posted by crystal_light7
by the way, where did you get the eye makeup for your female sims in the pictures?

The sims in the 27 pictures of the faces don't wear any make-up, the only custom content used there is skintone, eyes, hair and eyebrows. The three female sims of my in-game shots are wearing make-up by Barcelonista, Helaene and Sussi .

Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
I'm in shock to see how many files you made for this, there has got to be over 200 lol!

Yep, 204 files, to be exact.

Quote:
Message me with details when you are ready to make more CAS replacements selzi.

Thank you SO much - I will do that if I ever get the nerve to make another 204 files.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:18 PM
I have 1 5 6 9 10 11 12 17 25 26 of your set and the rest are sarakadie which i used orignally ( i deleted the ones that coresspoded with the ones i used of yours). Yours are not showing up at all. I had also tried deletingthe other set and soley using yours and it hasnt shown up.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:27 PM
Even if all of the sims had been borrowed (with credit), this would still be a very useful upload, because of the sheer amount of time it takes to assemble such a collection of faces.

So yes, faces are very similar but she did say that right from the start. How is repeating what she already knows constructive criticism. Anyway, it's not an all or nothing proposition. People simply need to mix and match the templates they like best in order to create a complete set they are happy with or maybe make their own contributions instead of complaining?
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:31 PM
I actually thought each one looked different. They are somewhat similar with small things changed, but they look fine to me. With the custom things it's easier to see the differences.

My only note is that it would be nice to have more african american ones. There are a few that would work if changed slightly..... so I'll live.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:34 PM
These look very nice and I hate those ugly townies who look like they are dead. I shall thank you very much for the beauty in your style.
Great work and must of taken you a long time to do all these. I am off to make some cute toddlers and townies!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkinnocence
I have 1 5 6 9 10 11 12 17 25 26 of your set and the rest are sarakadie which i used orignally ( i deleted the ones that coresspoded with the ones i used of yours). Yours are not showing up at all. I had also tried deletingthe other set and soley using yours and it hasnt shown up.

Now that is really weird ... What happens when you click on one of those faces? Does the face of the sim change to the Maxis default face? If only the preview pictures are affected you might try to delete the file My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package. That should discard all saved preview pics of your genetics and clothes, so the game will be forced to regenerate them when needed.

Quote: Originally posted by Angelyne
People simply need to mix and match the templates they like best in order to create a complete set they are happy with or maybe make their own contributions instead of complaining?

Thank you very much for your posting - that's exactly what I think, too. I don't expect people to use my templates only - that would be kind of boring after some time. Instead I want to offer everyone some more variety in their game so that everyone can check out the collection of templates already in existence and mix and match as they please. That was one of the reasons why I posted the links to those other template sets I know of ...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:43 PM
Thanks!

But I think you should have said to backup that file that had to be deleted;
Just in case something happens

However, I also want to know how long it must have taken you! :p
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selzi
Now that is really weird ... What happens when you click on one of those faces? Does the face of the sim change to the Maxis default face? If only the preview pictures are affected you might try to delete the file My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package. That should discard all saved preview pics of your genetics and clothes, so the game will be forced to regenerate them when needed.

No its not the preview picture. Its the template itself , it looks nothing like yours. Maybe its maxis or sarakide but thats impossible since i deleted those files and used yours.

I R A pirate. Arr!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsandwhich2
But I think you should have said to backup that file that had to be deleted;

I think it's never wrong to backup files that should be deleted, but according to several threads at moreawesomethanyou.com it's totally safe to delete that file (just like groups.cache, the file that causes more trouble if you don't delete it). So I figured it wasn't necessary to mention that, but it never hurts, you're right about that.

Quote:
However, I also want to know how long it must have taken you! :p

I honestly don't know - I think it took me two or three weeks to get them done, but I didn't work on them every day. Maybe one hour per template? (That would be 27 hours in total)

No its not the preview picture. Its the template itself , it looks nothing like yours. Maybe its maxis or sarakide but thats impossible since i deleted those files and used yours.

That is starting to scare me ... No, honestly, I know of one person in a German sims forum who had the same problem. She said the faces looked totally different in CAS when she tried my templates. I wasn't able to help her and thought it was a problem of her game because she was the only one having that problem - but since you're experiencing that very same thing it must be some kind of bug ... It's really weird since you didn't have that problem with Sarakadie's replacements, but I figure if it was my fault then everyone should have that same problem ...

Maybe I can find out something at MATY or some other place about that problem - and I'm so sorry that these faces are not working correctly in your game ...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:04 PM
At first i deleted sarakides then put in yours and they didnt change.Then I mixed them and still nothing. I removed them from their seperate folders too (i.e 1heart )

I R A pirate. Arr!
Inventor
#39 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:13 PM
I'm gonna try this out, I do wish you had made a few faces with more african american traits, but it's all good! I can't wait to get rid of the ugly townies, Thanks, and can't wait to see in game!!!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:16 PM
i have them in game and have loved them since you first started them!
woot! if they can make the goopy's of the sim world loo good i'm happy! lol
wtg and great job selz!
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selzi
I'm afraid you're absolutely right about that. I tried to make faces which look good with every skintone because townies and NPCs always get random skintones. If you're going for ethnic variety I strongly recommend to get Nailati's templates (link is in the text) as she's doing a fantastic job on creating ethnically correct faces. :lovestruc

I'll have to check her out

I apologize for my tone as well.

Genghis is the right spelling, this is true.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:20 PM
very nice - thankyou ever so much for all your hard work!

sorry not about much anymore
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:22 PM
At first i deleted sarakides then put in yours and they didnt change.Then I mixed them and still nothing. I removed them from their seperate folders too (i.e 1heart )

I don't think you did anything wrong there. I just did some research at MATY and found some possible answers in Nailati's thread:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...c,3804.300.html

Jordi recommends to check your graphics settings and set the details to "high", while dizzy suggests to ctrl-right-click on the faces in CAS so that the thumbnail is forced to regenerate. Maybe you could try out their tips and see if they work for you?

Quote: Originally posted by Hope2476
i have them in game and have loved them since you first started them! woot! if they can make the goopy's of the sim world loo good i'm happy! lol
wtg and great job selz!

Hope, I'm SO excited to read your comment, thank you so much! Thank YOU and all the girls and boys at SA for being my guinea pigs for these faces ...

Quote: Originally posted by Ghengisjohn
I'll have to check her out. I apologize for my tone as well.

Hey, nevermind - I didn't think your tone was rude, just honest. :D

And thanks to everyone who left a nice note or comment on these - I'm happy for every single person out there who enjoys some of these faces.
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:34 PM
Beautiful! They're all so unique.

Claire
Instructor
#45 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:34 PM
Always nice to see another set of defaults! I know how much tedious work goes into the project so, well done! Hope to see more from you soon.

(Er, speaking of which, though, any particular reason you linked to pretty much all the other available replacement sets except for mine?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 10:45 PM
Thanks so much!

Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
(Er, speaking of which, though, any particular reason you linked to pretty much all the other available replacement sets except for mine?)

Oh my God, I'm SO sorry that I forgot to include yours! I guess I was too excited about this upload that I didn't check if I included all of the replacements I knew of. Your set is especially nice because it preserves the original Maxis character but makes the faces look a lot prettier, just like AllenABQ's faces. I added the link to your set to the list and put it there first so that everyone stumbles over it. Honestly, I didn't mean to leave out your set by any means, it just happened because of my negligence ...
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:01 PM
Oh wow!

This is an incredible set of face replacements!

I appreciate you sharing this with us!

I'm a million different people from one day to the next
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Dioptase : 19th Apr 2007 at 11:37 PM.
These are really lovely, thank you. Stunning. !You did a wonderful job Thank you for your hard work.

If you look down all your life you can not see if something is going to hit you in the head.
Inventor
#49 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:36 PM
The faces are much prettier than maxis, but I must say after looking at them in body shop, I'm rather dissapointed just about all of your sims have slanted eyes and noses that are very umm, asian...were you going for an asian theme?

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:42 PM
Excellent work. Thanks a ton!

I got a fever. And the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Page 2 of 9