Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Working Alarm Clocks

by scumbumbo Posted 27th Jan 2016 at 6:58 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2019 at 6:50 AM by scumbumbo : Brazilian Portuguese translation added

142 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devilgurl
Think this needs an update, not sure if the creator is even active anymore again

I have this mod and it works perfectly mine on my updated game. Make sure to use only the 3 clocks mentioned and don't forget to set the time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 10:52 AM
This still works fine on the latest version of the game.
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dsidhe
This still works fine on the latest version of the game.

thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#54 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 11:05 PM
Still works as of this writing, and it does indeed work flawlessly with the Sleep All Night Mod! Awesome!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:16 PM
Apologies if this is considered a "bump", but I'd just like to say this still works as of the Bowling Patch (March 23rd).
Forum Resident
#56 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:14 PM
Still works as of the PlantSim Patch (April 13th).
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 8:07 AM
Doesn't work for Parenthood patch
Field Researcher
#58 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 10:21 PM
I can confirm as well that it doesn't work for the Parenthood patch.
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 11:38 AM
Hi
I have a new translation, in dutch.
I put the STBL file in a zip file.
I hope you like it
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_00000000_0550EF20CC8F450C%%+STBL.zip (1.2 KB, 11 downloads)
Forum Resident
#60 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimberleyjane
Doesn't work for Parenthood patch

Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
I can confirm as well that it doesn't work for the Parenthood patch.

I swear it's kept working for me. What's the exact issue?

Also, I wonder if it's time for me to learn to Mod...
Forum Resident
#61 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:04 PM
Sorry for the bump, but now I'm starting to think it is kinda messed up, because the Sim I'm currently playing keeps waking up before 10:00AM (which I had it set to for her job). I do have LittleMsSam's version of the "Sleep All Night" mod (which is supposed to be compatible with the current version, which I updated to today, without an update). Is that the problem?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:24 AM Last edited by Mikikitty : 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:24 AM.
For me it worked for the parenthood patch but seems to have stopped working after the last small patch on July 18th.

edit: No, now it's working fine again, only the first night after loading the game glitched somehow.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:34 PM
Does anyone know if it still works currently?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:55 AM
It is working as of October 31, 2017.
I'm not sure if there is suppose to be a loud noise but they do still get up
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM
I know you're currently busy updating the Variable Default Relationships Mod, which is amazing and can't wait to use it again since I've loved it so much, but I just wanted to ask if you're planing on updating this one as well?
Deceased
Original Poster
#66 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicros
I know you're currently busy updating the Variable Default Relationships Mod, which is amazing and can't wait to use it again since I've loved it so much, but I just wanted to ask if you're planing on updating this one as well?

I definitely hope to - loved this one myself.
Test Subject
#67 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:02 AM
It seems to be working ok for me since the patch, at least I think so. Can't speak for anyone else's experience with it, obviously. But I have been playing a good while today and all households I played got up with their alarms per usual.
Deceased
Original Poster
#68 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:04 AM
Haven't tried it yet myself, hope to soon. Anything that might be broken in it would likely be pretty easy to fix, but might have to edit a few dozen files which is really boring and error prone. The only real trick to making this mod was thinking up the idea on how to make it work.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:07 PM
Hi, can you update it, thanks

Santori Michela
Deceased
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:18 PM
Ran this mod through some tests today and it still worked fine -- kind of shocking after nearly two years of game patches that it wasn't broken!

Today I've uploaded an update that makes an extremely minor tweak - removing some unused tag info from the XML code for setting the alarm time that could conceivably one day cause issues. If you have the older version there's no need to redownload the mod at this time.
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Ran this mod through some tests today and it still worked fine -- kind of shocking after nearly two years of game patches that it wasn't broken!

Today I've uploaded an update that makes an extremely minor tweak - removing some unused tag info from the XML code for setting the alarm time that could conceivably one day cause issues. If you have the older version there's no need to redownload the mod at this time.

So this is still working as of Cats and Dogs?
Deceased
Original Poster
#72 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Courtflash
So this is still working as of Cats and Dogs?

Yup, should be working fine. The only real thing I've noticed is that Sims that get woken up don't act like they're annoyed by the sound, but it does wake them up.
Test Subject
#73 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:04 PM
Thanks very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:13 PM
amazing mod :)
Deceased
Original Poster
#75 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yup, should be working fine. The only real thing I've noticed is that Sims that get woken up don't act like they're annoyed by the sound, but it does wake them up.

I've uploaded a set of bugfixes, one of which addresses this issue. See Bugfixes - It's a Crying Shame if you wish to have this bug fixed in your game.
Page 3 of 6