Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 2:30 PM Last edited by TheScribbler : 12th Jul 2013 at 7:13 PM.
Default How to make EP/SP clothing basegame compatible?
Hello!
I've seen various packs of EP or SP clothing made to be BG compatible by people over the past few months but nobody seems to have done the earlier EPs, and I can't quite figure out how to do it myself. I've tried cloning the desired clothing with S3OC but though the packages seemed to be the right size and all, they just didn't show up in-game.
I only want to do this for personal use as I'm having to uninstall some EPs to make way for a new game (it's the Steam summer sale, what can I say? ) but I can't bear to part with some of the clothing from them! So yes, thank you very much to anyone who can tell me how.

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:28 AM
clone your EP outfit with tsrw
export mesh and textures(also the normalmap if it is there, located in the meshtab, under materials)
Clone a similar basegame outfit(same categories, same ammount of recolor options) and replace meshes and textures,
Export as sims3pack
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 10:00 AM
And obviously you don't then upload the clothing, because that would be the most obvious form of piracy I have seen in a while apart from, y'know, actually illegally downloading the EPs.

When I see this, I get the same feeling I get when I see youtube videos with "no copyright infringement intended" written in the overview. The level of futility is just gobsmacking.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:46 PM
The very easy way of doing this would be to make a clone using s3oc, open the package in S3PE and change the group instance to all zeroes of the CASP or OBJD. That's it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:53 PM
iirc, there is also a flag in there somewhere - I remember dal having trouble with it when cloning something from an EP.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 6:11 AM
The flag is the first byte of the Group ID - the first two characters.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 7:32 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 14th Jul 2013 at 8:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
The very easy way of doing this would be to make a clone using s3oc, open the package in S3PE and change the group instance to all zeroes of the CASP or OBJD. That's it.

It will not work...
There is no BONE reference/file so you need to update/replace the BONE file.(or its TGIlinks in the GEOMS as those are being used)
Only if you clone it as replacement the BONE files match their original instance numbers with the GEOMS TGI's but i doubt if the game can read those.

For OBJD's you dont have to change anything
EP clones will work for basegame players.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 11:33 PM Last edited by omegastarr82 : 15th Jul 2013 at 2:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
It will not work...
There is no BONE reference/file so you need to update/replace the BONE file.(or its TGIlinks in the GEOMS as those are being used)
Only if you clone it as replacement the BONE files match their original instance numbers with the GEOMS TGI's but i doubt if the game can read those.

For OBJD's you dont have to change anything
EP clones will work for basegame players.

But it does work, I've done it.

Nevermind, I guess that way only works on CC? It works on non-base game CC I've made.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 10:06 AM
Okie doke, thanks everyone! I'll get to trying it out later and hopefully won't bump into any hiccups, but is there a way to save the file as a package instead of a sims3pack in TSRW? Or will using Delphy's multipack installer on the files afterwards work just as well?
Oh and is it the same procedure for hairs or are there any extra steps?

Of course I wouldn't upload them, this is just a temporary action until I have a pc that can actually hold all my hordes of Sims stuff. I prefer to stay on EA's good side, whether they know it or not. :L

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 10:55 AM
You can export a .package file from TSRW (Edit -> Project Contents -> Export) or use Delphy's Multi-installer, either method will work fine.

Sockpuppet
#11 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
But it does work, I've done it.

Nevermind, I guess that way only works on CC? It works on non-base game CC I've made.

So you cloned a EP outfit and it showed up for basegame players?
strange....

Problem is, both TSRW and S3OC dont fix the BONE reference in the GEOM.
This means that the BONE files in a package are pretty much useless as the originals still are being used.

The reason(i think) they did that is that when you fix those links the outfit no longer works.
So each outfit needs its original BONE file to work.

But, it is possible they include some of the stuff in the patches, they also do this with EP scripts for objds.
So maybe if your game is patched it will work.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 9:20 PM
I necro this old thread with possible new info crossed during my recent work...I have sought to make a more direct conversion of EP garments to base game, and retain the original color schemes, without having to open the original and copy them manually to the clone. This, among other things. As more than several years have passed since the last post, new TSRW 2.2.85 is available. There may be newer? But this is what I currently use to do this.

I found you can make any changes as normal to an EP garment, such as custom meshes and textures (see note), change categories, etc, open the "Edit" tab > Project Contents > right click the CASP. In the drop down menu, click renumber. Check the box for Group ID. 0x00000000 automatically appears. The last item, Update references should still be checked. Click OK. A pop up asks is you want to update and reload, click Yes. You are prompted to save and TSRW then updates.

NOTE: Even if you plan to use the same textures, you MUST export them, rename them, and then import them as to fool TSRW to thinking they are new and to be given new reskeys. Otherwise, even the new CASP being generated will reference the image files from the EP!

What I found at this point is to save this project as a package, so click export > To package. Next, click OK to exit that window. Click File > New. Next, click New import > Next > Browse, change the search box to packages, and import the package you just made. Do what you normally do when opening a package in TSRW. When it opens, click Edit > Project Contents.

Every Group ID has been changed to 0x00000000 by TSRW on import, and all corresponding bone references that Bloombase mentioned have been matched and rewritten as base game.