Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:47 PM
Default Uninstalling Island Paradise
I plan to uninstall Island Paradise because I don't actually use it. I am aware that uninstalling EP's might make your savegame unplayable if it was saved with towns/features of the uninstalled EP and that any item that comes from it will be replace/removed. But like I mentioned I don't use anything from the EP at all. The only problem is that some of the townies are mermaids. Will the game just remove their mermaid status or will it make my savegame unplayable?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:48 PM
Expect the worst.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:53 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:11 AM.
Would there not be a concern that, even if the player never actively pursued them, IP specific things like the snorkling skill, the lifeguard career (maybe not if no lifeguard chairs), owned boats, and seashell collections that could possibly exist on other sims in town would suddenly become undefined?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Would there not be a concern that, even if the player never actively pursued them, IP specific things like the snorkling skill, the lifeguard career (maybe not if no lifeguard chairs), owned boats, and seashell collections that could possibly exist on other sims in town would suddenly become undefined?

Would that corrupt my savegame? Maybe Errortrap can fix it?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:21 AM
Oh, and I forgot about the Loves to Swim and Sailor traits. Yes, ErrorTrap might step in and fix these things or at least report on them if they cause error conditions by suddenly not being defined. But removing an EP midstream on an ongoing game like that still seems potentially risky to me. I would suggest at least having a backup save or two made in case this doesn't work out and you have to put the EP back into play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:45 PM
I played the game for 3 sim days after uninstalling and everything seems to be okay. I haven't noticed anything unusual and there are no script errors either. So I think my save is okay. I am still keeping the pre-uninstall backup, just in case...

Thank you everyone for your help.