Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 8:24 PM
Default Sim bin/ death and family
Just a few questions, thank you for reading.
When you save a sim family to the bin do they maintain skills, ltw progress, lifetime rewards points?
If you move a family between towns and they have their ancestors graves in their inventories, will it maintain the family tree?
If you save a family to the bin and they have the ancestors graves in inventory will it maintain the family tree?
If you save a family and their house to the bin, and the ancestor graves are on the property do they maintain the family tree?
Basically: besides mods, what's the best way of moving sims between towns while maintaining the family tree (with dead ancestors)?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 8:49 PM
Sims do maintain skills and lifetime reward points and progress for most LTW's and skill challenges, however some are bugged and don't transfer properly. They tend to be the same ones that don't transfer when travelling such as the Vizard of Vine from nectar making.
I know that if graves are on the lot it'll maintain the family tree but I'm not sure about if they're in the inventory as I've not tried it but since inventories are kept I'd think that the family tree would transfer.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that they will retain all skills, life time wishes and reward points. I think they will retain their careers too, so long as the necessary rabbit holes exist in the world you move them into. I can't speak for having the ancestors gravestones in their inventory though, since I've never tried it. I did once move a whole family and lot into the library, and the lot had the graves of two deceased sims on it, though they weren't related to the living sims. But their ghosts were certainly still present, so I can't see why they'd lose family relationships any more than would the living. I could be wrong though.
The best way of moving families between towns without losing relationship with either the living or the dead is Nraas Porter. You can move either a single family, or an entire town if you want to.

https://www.nraas.net/community/Porter

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:19 PM
The family tree should stay intacked as long as the graves are in a sims inventory. However I believe the graves can (will) glitch out if in the family inventory.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 7:54 PM
Is it porter that allows you to call family members from your old neighborhood to come visit?
Which module of nraas protects inactive households?
I'm on my second gen and I'd like to move my sim to a new town but I don't want to lose her living family. I guess I could move them all without mods but the father is a frickin politician with about a billion friends and I think he's pretty happy in sunset valley.
Does porter allow you to visit your old hometown or do you need traveler for that?
Sorry for so many questions, thanks for helping.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 1:49 AM
All of those answers are at the NRass site, including tutorials. It is traveler you want for keeping ties to the old town.