Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 11:27 PM
Default WCIF: A mod that increase pets health?
OK, sorry for the title.

But as asked. I feels like I need some sort of mot to stop pets from being sick so often. I do not play my sims for a specific period of time (say a sim year or a season), I want to jump back around in my worlds. But recently I have found that I lost my will to play families whit pets. And why is that? Well, because every time I do open up a family whit pets my sims first action will be to take the cat/dog to the vet. In some extreme cases the pet gets sick every time I load the family. The pets never gets sick while playing the family, it's always directly after loading. And it does not seem like their disease goes away by itself, meaning that my sims have to spend hours going to the vet, cure the poor animal and get back home. Then, after losing about half a sim day, I can begin to take care of the lives of my sims. The sims themselves never gets sick, so why should the pets get sick all the time? Sure, I can give all pet owners a examination table and let them play the vet but it's a very unsmooth solution. Dang it, I have been playing Sims 2 pets - No problem. And Sims 3 Pets - No problem. But Sims 4 Pets? A catastrophe! Sick animals everywhere. I know there are tons of mods out there, but can anyone of them help me?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 1:11 AM
Grab this mod by LittleMsSam:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-cats-dogs-npcs
the addon - Lower Chance (25%) of Sick owned Pets when loading Households - will fix your problem
(not sure if the addon works on it's own but I don't see a reason why you won't want the main mod as well..)

I use it myself since LittleMsSam added it to the main mod (together with the main mod) and have no issues anymore
I play rotational too, and all of my households include pets.

(I'd also recommend going over her other mods and bug fixes, she's got quite a lot of mods and fixes regarding pets, which makes playing with them so much more fun)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Grab this mod by LittleMsSam:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-cats-dogs-npcs
the addon - Lower Chance (25%) of Sick owned Pets when loading Households - will fix your problem
(not sure if the addon works on it's own but I don't see a reason why you won't want the main mod as well..)

I use it myself since LittleMsSam added it to the main mod (together with the main mod) and have no issues anymore
I play rotational too, and all of my households include pets.

(I'd also recommend going over her other mods and bug fixes, she's got quite a lot of mods and fixes regarding pets, which makes playing with them so much more fun)

Thanks Keren! Just what I needed. I did download the: "LittleMsSam_NoSickDirtySadHungryPets.zip" did place the content in the mods folder. There were quite a lot of content at the Dropbox page and I did get confused. All files had the same name but different sizes. So I hope id did not miss the main mod.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 11:56 PM Last edited by Keren : 16th Jul 2020 at 12:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Thanks Keren! Just what I needed. I did download the: "LittleMsSam_NoSickDirtySadHungryPets.zip" did place the content in the mods folder. There were quite a lot of content at the Dropbox page and I did get confused. All files had the same name but different sizes. So I hope id did not miss the main mod.

You should have those files installed:

LittleMsSam_NoSickDirtySadHungryPets.package
LittleMsSam_NoSickDirtySadHungryPets.ts4script
LittleMsSam_NoSickDirtySadHungryPets_Addon_LowerChanceSickOwnedPets.package

No deeper than 1 subfolder inside the main Mods folder (so take the addon out of it's folder if you don't put it directly inside Mods)
Mods/LittleMsSam: loose files with no subfolders should work
nothing deeper.

also make sure you have both mods and script mods enabled (2 check marks) via Game Options > Other.