Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 1:14 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 6th Aug 2019 at 1:15 PM. Reason: Typomania
Default Several expansions -75% on Steam
Not sure if all regions will see this on Steam (I am from Europe).

University Life, Seasons, Pets, Generations and Ambitions are on -75% sale.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2019 at 9:09 PM
A link would be nice ; )
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 5:33 AM
Sorry, I use the Steam client and forgot that many use the browser to check Steam. Here is the Sims 3 store page. The DLC should show up there for you (scroll a bit down).

Keep in mind that this is only useful for people who use Origin to start TS3, because you add they keys to there. Unless you have everything TS3 related already on Steam ofc.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 11:54 AM
Ah the good old Steam sales... I would never have completed my EP/SP collection without them.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 11:19 PM Last edited by FoxChicken : 7th Aug 2019 at 11:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Sorry, I use the Steam client and forgot that many use the browser to check Steam. Here is the Sims 3 store page. The DLC should show up there for you (scroll a bit down).

Keep in mind that this is only useful for people who use Origin to start TS3, because you add they keys to there. Unless you have everything TS3 related already on Steam ofc.

So what you're saying is if I buy those on steam, I can register them to origin? How do I go about doing that?
I own the sims 3 and most of it's expansions on physical disks, so they're registered to my origin account and not steam, if I buy University Life on steam, how would I go about registering that to origin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxChicken
So what you're saying is if I buy those on steam, I can register them to origin? How do I go about doing that?
I own the sims 3 and most of it's expansions on physical disks, so they're registered to my origin account and not steam, if I buy University Life on steam, how would I go about registering that to origin?

You need to have the Steam client program installed and purchase a license for the base game on Steam even if you have no intention of downloading and installing that way. That then gives you the rights to purchase the Expansion/Stuff Packs on Steam, it's not possible without the base game purchase first. With each of those purchases you get Origin codes thrown in at no extra charge than can be revealed though the Steam client and used to add the packs to an Origin install instead.

Depending on the sale that is in progress and how many/which packs we are talking about, it still turns out to be a good deal for many even though the extra base game purchase seems useless. And with each new registration of the base game and WA in particular, the offer of 1,000 TS3 store points is still being honored.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You need to have the Steam client program installed and purchase a license for the base game on Steam even if you have no intention of downloading and installing that way. That then gives you the rights to purchase the Expansion/Stuff Packs on Steam, it's not possible without the base game purchase first. With each of those purchases you get Origin codes thrown in at no extra charge than can be revealed though the Steam client and used to add the packs to an Origin install instead.

Depending on the sale that is in progress and how many/which packs we are talking about, it still turns out to be a good deal for many even though the extra base game purchase seems useless. And with each new registration of the base game and WA in particular, the offer of 1,000 TS3 store points is still being honored.

I only need University, Future, Paradise, and all the stuff packs minus high-end.

Cool to know I can get a better price of this stuff than Origin will offer most of the time, thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxChicken
I only need University, Future, Paradise, and all the stuff packs minus high-end.

Cool to know I can get a better price of this stuff than Origin will offer most of the time, thanks for the explanation.

You have to be patient but I completed my collection via steam. It's great when they run a sale. If you're in the USA, the price of each EP is less than $6 with tax.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 8:08 PM
Sims 3 basegame and all expansion packs (except Island Paradise and World Adventures) are on sale again at -75%. If you need a link, check posts in this thread (or open steam and search 'sims 3' ).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 8:34 PM
BG is at 9.99 euros for those of EU.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#11 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 8:53 PM
Yep, that was the moment that I decided it's time to switch to a Steam TS3 from Origin, and I did.
So far everything works, my backup-ed savegames are the same, my Store items redownloaded, CC all okay, the only one thing that seems to be broken is Kuree's Save Cleaner. It can't find the savegame files anymore. Anyone has TS3 Steam version and using Kuree's Save Cleaner and can confirm they are compatible?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Anyone has TS3 Steam version and using Kuree's Save Cleaner and can confirm they are compatible?

Save Cleaner versions 2.x will not work on Steam installs. Version 1 still does.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...603#post4670603