Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#6351 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
I'm not finding a link to listen to her voice work for Sims.

I don't think there's one yet...but here you can hear her real voice (?). A promo she did for directv.

LINK
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6352 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:33 AM
Nice, we are having a sinner simmer, GREAT!!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#6353 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Sure do hope this is sarcasm.

I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body; of course it's sarcasm.
Field Researcher
#6354 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 3:23 AM
I got to say for the very first time I'm starting to get a 'little' buzz on about TS4, there's a wee upward curl forming on just one side (mind you) of my mouth because I'm imagining this and thinking hey that could be very cool indeed....

“But I think when you really get in there and start to see the gameplay, see how the Sims are interacting, how they’re moving around their home, how they’re conversing with other Sims, for players who have been with the series it becomes instantly apparent what we’ve changed and how we’re bringing them to life in much more believable ways.”

I'm imagining it being rather intriguing just watching what the Sims do and how interesting this could be and how unpredictable other Sims action could be.

I am imagining a party that actually feels alive and there is Sims mingling, talking, toasting, a group laughing or a fight breaking out - instead of the funny silly parties we have now where you find a Sims standing in the far corner of the bathroom facing the corner and the host has gone to bed and a 2 star celebrate just peed in a kids bedroom.
Lab Assistant
#6355 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:13 AM Last edited by Lord Vetinari : 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:40 AM.
So, I'm not following this closely. Any news about the open world thingy? Any clue if it's in the new game as well or not?
I did a quick Google search and another quick forum search without results, the most recent post that touches the topic dates back to last autumn. Sorry if this has already been answered.
Lab Assistant
#6356 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 9:44 AM
Okay, I haven't been on here for 2 months now, and there is still no crucial information about the game? This game seems like a f***ing mess!
Test Subject
#6357 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
I don't think there's one yet...but here you can hear her real voice (?). A promo she did for directv.

LINK

I like her voice but cia's voice is adorable :lovestruc I think that this last will be "Sweet style"

I used believe in six impossible things before breakfast.
Lab Assistant
#6358 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by colazocker13
Okay, I haven't been on here for 2 months now, and there is still no crucial information about the game? This game seems like a f***ing mess!

Hey, never mind, you can still get yourself some day-one DLC, so clearly EA's priorities on this game are all in order
Scholar
#6359 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 11:39 AM
I haven't been here for couple of weeks either and still nothing big nor new,anything except the new actors!? Is that the biggest news so far?!
Field Researcher
#6360 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Vetinari
So, I'm not following this closely. Any news about the open world thingy? Any clue if it's in the new game as well or not?
I did a quick Google search and another quick forum search without results, the most recent post that touches the topic dates back to last autumn. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Nope...nothing only mention has been....

“The way we think of sandbox – you know, this open world filled with tools that you can go in, manipulate, play with, set up scenarios exactly how you want - from Graham.

A clue? honestly in this context it feels a bit left field to think it means anything concrete.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6361 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TullyKat1
Nope...nothing only mention has been....

“The way we think of sandbox – you know, this open world filled with tools that you can go in, manipulate, play with, set up scenarios exactly how you want - from Graham.

A clue? honestly in this context it feels a bit left field to think it means anything concrete.

You took this out of context and missed his actual point, which was that he understood that sims players tend to mean something different when they say sandbox.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#6362 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You took this out of context and missed his actual point, which was that he understood that sims players tend to mean something different when they say sandbox.

Oh thanks but I didn't take it out of context as mentioned in my post.

Just simply supply a little snippet of the only time these two words have ever been mentioned from the EA camp - which in itself is answering the question that there has been diddly squat.
#6363 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 3:23 PM
Oh sorry - looks like I missed *your* point lol! Not sure if he means open world like TS3 or just "unlocked" from the point of view we can edit it as we want.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#6364 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:56 AM
I don't think this has been posted before, I haven't seen it and I thought I would post it. Might give us some interesting discussion.

Quote:
A while ago (near the Gamescom), DotSim, a Polish fansite interviewed some EA rep about TS4. This Q&A was public for a while (I can't believe I missed it!), so some of you may have seen it before, but for those of you who haven't, I personally translated it and gathered all the questions.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/741610.page

Found these points interesting:

Quote:
Are there any rabbitholes (eg: stadium or military base)?
The creators did not officially mention anything about the rabbitholes, publicly. I'm not allowed to talk about it, unfortunately. I can't comment on it, except to say that you will be satisfied.

Are there a few Sims that caught your eye?
Sims fit perfectly into the environment. The World available in the game is true cartoon, but it has its own unique atmosphere. It has the feeling that the world around Sims is not dead, it continuously moving.

(I guess the main reason we don't have CASt at all)

Will you be able to re-color the clothes in CAS?
Unfortunately, no. Instead, we can choose different color-variants of the clothes. The option to Shuffe the Outfit is now more intelligent, and the clothes will fit together. For example, selecting Shuffe, it will select matching shirts, shoes and pants.

Tell us more about the multitasking in The Sims 4.
Sims can now do several things at once. They can run on the treadmill at the same time while talking to their friend. It is possible to eat and drink - which was not possible in The Sims 3. Our Sim can eat a meal and drink at the same time, they are not separate interactions. In addition, it is possible to watch TV and talk, or talk while cooking. Sims will stop cooking, to gesticulate, but after they show what they have to show, they will return to cooking. Family meals will also make a comeback. The whole family will sit at the table, they will talk, eat and drink together. Less robotic, more human!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
#6365 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:09 PM
Good point: family meals.
Bad point: uh... the world is a cartoon?

Mad Poster
#6366 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:27 PM
I agree Inge, with the cartoon world. I fear the open world is out, back to one lot at a time. Hope I am wrong.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6367 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:46 PM
Quote:
Sims can now do several things at once. They can run on the treadmill at the same time while talking to their friend.

Well, they're doing better than I can. I couldn't talk to a friend while running on a treadmill without falling over from lack of oxygen.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#6368 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:16 PM
I agree Inge, with the cartoon world. I fear the open world is out, back to one lot at a time. Hope I am wrong.

No I am actually in favor of removing the fully open world in favor of more populated venues. It was the "cartoon" thing that bugged me. I want to see the other lots around me similar to in TS2, but I am happy to accept imposter placements. Also would be nice to see sims walking along the road and more cars, but I don't need them to be real social sims complete with personal processing, or real cars going to real places.

Alchemist
#6369 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:05 PM
I don't think this has been posted before, I haven't seen it and I thought I would post it. Might give us some interesting discussion.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/741610.page

Found these points interesting:

I don't find any meaningful points in this QA session at all. If there's a yes / no question, basically the answer would be no unless the question is whether we can change the size of Sim's feet and irises.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#6370 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 3:13 PM
Interesting interview. I personally have never seen it, and i don't think it was ever posted here. Here are my thoughts:

- *Cartoony* -> So it's true! See, we weren't crazy guys.
- If this suffle for clothes is so magic as it sounds, they i'm expecting not to see weirdos in awesome but awful costumes, or wearing bikinis for work. (unless you do surf dude).
- I'm into popullated venues, if that means no open world. But with BIGGER thumbnails for the lots you're going to visit. Not like Sims 2, so tiny and difficult to see if that was the dinner you went once or if it was other thing.
- It's nice to see the drink and food... BUT, it's just an animation or is it going to be another need bar? if not.. then what's the point?.. you could die for lack of food.. OR water. Like the mermaid in IP.

Edit:
Certainly, there will be high-rise buildings or blocks, but not in the base-game.
Official photos show a tram, which as you can see, it changes its location.
12) Can the Sims actually get in the car, unlike in TS3?

The answer to this question was "no comment". While the developers can not comment on that, judging by their smile, it can be deduced that something changed on this issue.
Instructor
#6371 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:05 PM
No I am actually in favor of removing the fully open world in favor of more populated venues. It was the "cartoon" thing that bugged me. I want to see the other lots around me similar to in TS2, but I am happy to accept imposter placements. Also would be nice to see sims walking along the road and more cars, but I don't need them to be real social sims complete with personal processing, or real cars going to real places.

Agreed. Before I get stoned, I did like the open world in concept. Who wouldn't like to have their sims go to community lots on foot without loading times? I still like that concept, but we got it in exchange for rabbit holes and an empty world....and I'm not sure it was worth it. What's the point of having my sims go out if every place they go is empty? Even the hotspots in Late Night were always empty. And what's the point of sending them outside if there's few places where I can see my sims doing stuff? I can't see them eat, I can't watch a movie with them...some of those things, like galleries and concerts were added in later EPs, but it still didn't work because they were always empty like everything else.

In the end, all the open world did was make me pop a vein every time the "stir crazy" moodlet appeared*, because I didn't want them to go outside. Other than buying groceries, my sims were more agoraphobic than they were in Sims 2. It also made it much, much harder to find friends since I didn't have the convenient walkbys at set hours, friends from work/school and, if all else failed, a community lot that would have at least 6 sims on it at any given time. Add the stupid chemistry system that ruined romance and my sims became misanthropes too. Which is ironic given all the propaganda that TS2/TS1 sims were "in rat cages" and that TS3 would free them and focus on socializing. Pfftt, I can totally see that.

I also missed townies. I know some people hated how they couldn't age, but I loved how they populated a neighbourhood without needing them to live in houses. In TS3 in order to make the neighbourhood feel alive, you didn't have many townies, you just had about 30 families populating the world. Which not only made it run slower, but also made me unable to form any attachment to premades because there were so many of them.

I still dream for a seamless world with no loading times, but I wish it came with no/minimal rabbit holes, and some way to incorporate homeless townies that only appear when they walkby your lot at certain hours or you go to a community lot. I don't really need to whole world to live at the same time my sims do, I just need them to appear when my sims go somewhere.

*Yes I know that moddlet came in an EP/Patch. Still didn't want to make sims go out when it wasn't in the game though, the moodlet just forced me to do it.

About the interview: A lot of those "talk and do something else" multi tasking were in TS2....I guess it's good to see it back and improved, but this is something they should have improved in TS3, not removed and bring back now as if it was a new thing. But I guess beggars can't be choosers and I am happy to have it back. I am excited about the comment of 15 sims entering a room smoothly. Time will tell if this is propaganda talk, but I would like to see some basic routing issues finally fixed after 3 games.
#6372 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
Before I get stoned.

Not sure you should be revealing your substance abuse on this fine family forum

Field Researcher
#6373 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:15 PM
color-variants? Does this mean indexed colors? If so and done well, it could be an amazing feature. But as I said, if done well. Unfortunately, they're more likely to half-ass it. I have pretty low expectations.
Instructor
#6374 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:20 PM
Not sure you should be revealing your substance abuse on this fine family forum

Why, what could you possibly be mentioning Inge? I was merely referencing to the family friendly practice of stoning one to death, as in, pelting someone with rocks. Which I'm sure is totally PG rated.

Although, I do see the benefits from your stoning too. Maybe then I would be able to get excited about this game again. At this rate, it's been 8 months of nothing. How many more times do they expect us to be excited about this multi tasking stuff, again? Even though we already had it in TS2? If I didn't have any semblance of a life outside of this franchise, I'd have frozen myself by now and asked to be reawakened in about a year, a la Eric Cartman. Then we'd have to have something to talk about, even just because the game would be out by then. Right?

Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
color-variants? Does this mean indexed colors? If so and done well, it could be an amazing feature. But as I said, if done well. Unfortunately, they're more likely to half-ass it. I have pretty low expectations.

I think it's like the recolours for objects in TS2, only now you have it for clothes too. So instead of having a dress in different colours all have its own thumbnail occupying unnecessary space, you just click on the dress and have some recolours pop up in another window. If we can add our own recolours to the same piece of clothing too (by having a -> arrow to see more recolours) this could work quite well. Not as good as CAST, but hopefully it will get rid of the lag CAST caused.
Lab Assistant
#6375 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:39 PM
I don’t think that is necessary, to not have an open world, for the game to work. My biggest problem with sims 3, was that the game spawn people, cars, homeless and reporters and tourists like crazy, also dogs, cats, wild life, and horses.
So if we have the ability, in sims 4, to choose all the people and the animals that will exist in our game, or even if a window ask us, every time, if we won’t more sims, or animals, I don’t think that we have, empty venues and sims that don’t interact.
Also if this is not enough, the game could also lock, all the residential houses, like some old rpg games, have done.
Anyway, I don’t want to lose the open world. I like to ride, with my horse to the fields and beaches and mountains, also is very nice to travel with a bike or by foot. If all this is impossible, and the game will start again to have empty venues and all the other problems, I will prefer small neighborhoods, at least I will be able to walk around, because, after sims 3, 64x64 lots, are not enough for me.
Locked thread
Page 255 of 817