Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#10151 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I love how underwear can be a turn-off

Well I'm turned off by certain kinds of underwear. So it's not impossible. But having a turn off for ALL underwear is a bit... special.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10152 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:16 AM
I have studiously ignored the whole turn-on/turn-off thing ever since I started to play. I give all my CAS Sims underwear and swimwear as turn-ons, and vampirism as a turn-off. Those would undoubtedly be mine if I were a Sim.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#10153 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 12:43 PM
I had been playing The Sims 2 since I was six years old, I think, and had dabbled into every hood (when my older sister wasn't policing them...), including Veronaville. My favourite family to play was the Montys; Antonio, Beatrice, and Benedick. I loved them, played them every session that I was in Veronaville.

Skip to seven or eight years in the future, when I was in year nine learning about a play called 'Much Ado About Nothing.' In the play, Beatrice and Benedick are each other's love interest, not siblings. To say that I was relatively confused would be an understatement. Antonio and Hero originate in that play too, might be wrong. I did wrap my head around it eventually, but my brain kept thinking the play characters were siblings, when they weren't.

I had the reverse happen with Mercutio (my favourite character in Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet). I forgot about the Montys in the Ranch, except for Romeo, so when I went back to The Sims 2 after having done 'Romeo & Juliet' as a GCSE for English Literature, I was confused as to why Mercutio was Romeo's cousin. In the play, they were just best friends and Benvolio was Romeo's cousin, so why he isn't in Veronaville I don't know. Didn't think much of Benvolio in the play anyway, but he's still a character they could have used.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#10154 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:23 PM
Well if they really wanted to have some fun with Shakespeare why didn't they have at least one female impersonating a male? I might have shown up for the cast of Twelfth Night.

Mac user
Scholar
#10155 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I have studiously ignored the whole turn-on/turn-off thing ever since I started to play. I give all my CAS Sims underwear and swimwear as turn-ons, and vampirism as a turn-off. Those would undoubtedly be mine if I were a Sim.

I use a D20 to roll random turn-ons, and everybody's turn-off is zombies. I don't play zombies at all, and the only time I pay attention to the turn-ons is when I'm creating a married couple in CAS, when I'll edit each Sim to fit their partner's turn-ons.
Forum Resident
#10156 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:50 PM
I recently finished When the cicadas cry, and it kinda got me thinking of this old "theory" I had about the sims...

What if every time you started up a hood and did something, everything that happened was canon? I mean like, what if there were multiple different realities in the sims, and every time you re-started a neighbourhood, a new reality was created?

Sometimes, the realities differ from one another: in the Pleasantviews you play from the dreadpirate templates, the Pleasant twins happen to be born with black hair instead of red. In redandvidya's Pleasantviews, the sims made different choices in regards to style and home décor.

And then there are all the different outcomes that happened in all y'all's games: Andrew and Gloria in Veronaville, the gay Don Lothario, JRO... what if they all took place in certain realities, while everyone else was playing in different realities, where Don is married to Cassandra with four children, Johnny, Ripp and Ophelia are all living seperately, where Andrew and Gloria never moved to Veronaville... All these different versions of the hoods are different realities, with different outcomes to the same events...

And what if the reason nobody knows what Cassandra is thinking is because she knows of all these realities?

I think I've had too much Big Think Juice, I should go study before I'm booted out of uni...
Mad Poster
#10157 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:42 PM
And what if the reason nobody knows what Cassandra is thinking is because she knows of all these realities?

The only thing she said, no one hears Cassandra cry. Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie. A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra cry.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10158 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:55 PM
Some actual science wizards have suggested as much about US...
On another note, I often go into Downloads, just to see what's new. I see Sims right out of the box (look like a face with no changes at all). Then I see another one - identical except for a very slightly lifted eyebrow. I thought to be eligible they had to be "unique"..I've seen faces created that are stunning, and for some reason I can't duplicate (makeup?), but never see them for downloan.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10159 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 2:44 PM
I mean, if you have a sim who's really good at cooking/mechanics/cleaning, maybe they want to be the ones in the marriage to do those things bc they like doing it all the time or "You can't do it correctly"?

Two neat sims could be constantly fighting over who gets to clean everything. XD Whereas a sloppy sim could be their dream lol. Wish that was the case in RL. I'd totally marry a neat sim.
Forum Resident
#10160 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 5:25 PM
I don't know, in my experience if one sim is too neat and the other too sloppy, the neat sim will quickly grow to despise the sloppy sim. That is literally why Circe and Loki hate Nervous, because he leaves puddles in the bathroom everyday.

Top Secret Researcher
#10161 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 7:54 PM
The first floor of the Minor Manor looks completely normal and you think it would be such a lovely house to use and then the second floor slaps you in the face.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#10162 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
The first floor of the Minor Manor looks completely normal and you think it would be such a lovely house to use and then the second floor slaps you in the face.

Do you have a picture? Now I'm intrigued.

Top Secret Researcher
#10163 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:00 PM
Downstairs:

Upstairs:

I mean, I suppose I COULD just clear it out and do something else...or I could find a different house to use.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10164 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I don't know, in my experience if one sim is too neat and the other too sloppy, the neat sim will quickly grow to despise the sloppy sim.
If my Sim Andrew were to come and visit me in our Real Life house, I'm afraid he would very quickly grow to despise me. My mother gets annoyed at me, but Andrew would go ballistic. I can hear him saying, "I don't know how you can live in this mess!" Oh, I wish I had just a little of his neatness.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#10165 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 2:46 AM Last edited by pinkdynamite : 20th Nov 2020 at 4:23 PM.

I'll admit I've never even looked inside that house before now, but your description pretty much sums it up.
Forum Resident
#10166 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 6:34 PM
How badly corrupted is your hood? Is it beyond saving?

Forum Resident
#10167 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 7:51 PM
That's why I don't use or like ACR because it easily corrupted my past hoods.
Mad Poster
#10168 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:06 PM
ACR doesn't corrupt neighborhoods, dear. it's a big complex mod and it can make all kinds of messes, but not neighborhood corrupting ones.

It's a crap shoot how long after it becomes corrupt a neighborhood will become unplayable; the more so since everyone has a different point at which they feel the hood is "unplayable." I'd keep going if I were you. You might be able to make it last long enough to see those kids grow up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#10169 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:06 PM
I've corrupted my hood but still enjoy playing it, and it's been over a decade. What I consider unplayable is if, like I can't get into the hood at all. I have a low bar.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#10170 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 12:52 AM
Default made me laugh
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Two neat sims could be constantly fighting over who gets to clean everything. XD Whereas a sloppy sim could be their dream lol. Wish that was the case in RL. I'd totally marry a neat sim.

I'm a neat Sim, so is (was) husband. I LIKE to clean, and had to fight with him to clean (oh, and I didn't like the way he mopped). Seeing him mop the kitchen, I would protest "I mopped the kitchen yesterday"> He would answer "This is Tuesday, I always mop on Tuesday."

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#10171 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 2:57 AM
I wonder what would go into making a functioning love hotel...

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#10172 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:00 AM

I did a bit of that with my cyberpunk apartment lot...if you're really trying to emphasize it, you kind of run out of material pretty quick (unless you want adult-themed CC, in which case you've probably got a lot more available to you)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#10173 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:16 AM

I did a Notel Motel in Bigg City (which I still haven't uploaded here because I still haven't been coordinated enough to finish the populated version), with only BG/Uni/NL content, and was very disappointed not to have the Love Beds to furnish it with. Fanny's Private Tutoring is along the same lines on Land Grant University. Both have redudant bedrooms that can be easily reconfigured to allow later EP locations and various appropriate custom content.

Basically, you take all the available woohoo locations and arrange them on the lot - except, possibly, changing booths, because those won't work unless there's a cashier on the lot, and cashiers are teens, and that's gonna squick a lot of us. If you want it to be a really happening place you can also put in nightclub facilities in part of it. Fanny's has a pool table and bar in addition to the beds and hot tubs, and the Notel Motel has dance floors, a poker table, pool, and a karaoke machine in addition to the photobooths, beds, and hot tubs.

Be warned that your non-sleazy sims and innocent teens are going to wander onto the lot and be prepared to deal with that. I wouldn't do it in a vacation destination without a Visitor Controller to ban kids and teens from staying there, but if you use VC a Honeymoon Hotel is a logical destination for adults and elders.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#10174 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 20th Nov 2020 at 12:50 PM.

ACR has option for a lot to make it brothel. Just put everything what Peni said into it and watch.
I did functioning owned brothel in my pre-ACR era and it was very popular and gained reputation quickly. I used Lizzlove's bed what is configurable by your taste.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92528/
Top Secret Researcher
#10175 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I've corrupted my hood but still enjoy playing it, and it's been over a decade. What I consider unplayable is if, like I can't get into the hood at all. I have a low bar.

I've never been at the point where I'd consider it unplayable and I've played since 2004. How do people even manage to get there? I hear about it all the time but I don't get it. How??

The closest I can think of is a family where it crashed about once a sim day, sometimes twice so I had to save at least once every 12 hours, and sometimes it'd still crash. But that problem was isolated to that household (which is now a finished legacy, phew), and the problem was somewhat mitigated by the hood checker, but the problem came back eventually. Then I got a new computer and I haven't noticed the problem since (that I can remember).

Another was this crazy household where the furniture and sims were connected to dead eggplants. But that problem got away when I finally had gotten rid of the eggplants.

Page 407 of 515