Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4226 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Do pedestrians get hit?

No - like the cars turning into the driveways, pedestrians are immune.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Instructor
#4227 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
No - like the cars turning into the driveways, pedestrians are immune.

aawwww *sighs* ...would be good for a storyline!
I would love to have a way that the sims would get married, and the guest would sit instead of standing,and also another that the ceremony would only start when the guest (all fo them) would be watching.

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Scholar
#4228 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:57 PM
How about a potty-box for dogs? Because in apartments dogs won't go outside and that little dog in the pen is just offensive to me.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#4229 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
How about a potty-box for dogs? Because in apartments dogs won't go outside and that little dog in the pen is just offensive to me.

Yes! Poor dog, shut in a box with limited actions. I can't play with it for more than 5 minutes before getting rid of it and buying a real dog instead!

Dogs will go outside in apartments, even if there's limited space outside, as long as you train them to pee outside like you would in a house.
Mad Poster
#4230 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 3:36 AM
I'd like the potty-box too, or a pile of newspapers for puppies. In houses with foundations, they can't get down the stairs and have to pee inside or on the porch.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#4231 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'd like the potty-box too, or a pile of newspapers for puppies. In houses with foundations, they can't get down the stairs and have to pee inside or on the porch.

yes! the newspaper sounds like a wonderful idea! i've had my sim lecture her two dogs numerous times about peeing indoors, but they still do it! another reason i usually stick to cats.

i love ofb, but i would like a way for my sims to be able to sell baked goods without a business. i'm not sure if this makes sense, but i would like it if brandi broke could sell cakes in my pleasantview uberhood. she has 10 cooking points and all the expertise, but no money! i find going on business lots a struggle sometimes, but thats solely because i'm just lazy.

oh, i almost forgot! something like twallan's story progression mod for ts2. that's one thing i miss about playing my ts3 games; it was so much easier to ignore townies! it would be impossible to alter the gameplay and mechanics of ts2 to such a degree, but i'd still love to see it.
Scholar
#4232 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 1:49 AM
@natashaunas : yeah, it's a complicated business, house breaking pets. You can lecture or scold them for peeing indoors, but that in itself is not always sufficient. For best results, you must also teach them to do it outside, praise them when they go out for their relief. And ofcourse, you must make sure that they *can* go outside autonomously. Like in a fully enclosed back yard, for example.

As for selling the baked goods, why not open a home business? You don't need to buy a second lot (comm lot) to set up the business. I believe you could start out by using the phone to call "Business.../ Start a home business". Buy a cash register, so you can charge the customers, and buy an "open/closed" sign, and set it to open to start selling. Then, when you have baked a nice stack of stuff, you simply put a few tables on the front lawn, on which you place the products, and set them for sale. And if you can't afford tables yet, simply put the plates in the grass at first. Sims don't worry about that, and you can improve stuff later, when you've made a few bucks.

Whenever you're out of goods to sell, or you want the family to have some time to themselves, you simply set the open/closed sign to closed. All customers will leave asap!
A home business isn't *always* the greatest idea. But when starting out selling home made goods, it is the cheapest way to get your business off the ground.

I've used this method for really poor saps: they had not even a house, just a stack of hay to sleep in, and a hole in the ground to squat over for bladder relief. But they *did* have an enclosed pond, where they could learn to fish. The fish they caught, were spread out on the lawn, and sold from there!
Mad Poster
#4233 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 2:07 AM
Another idea, is if you don't mind the effort. Let's say that Brandi Broke has a bunch of cakes and Gilbert Jacquet wants to buy them for his bakery.

1. Have her bake the cakes and put them in her inventory.
2. Go to Gilbert's house and teleport her in. Make her selectable and take all the cakes and put them into Gilbert's inventory. Or use the inventory transfer vase. One of the two.
3. Use one of the various money-transfer mods to have him 'pay' her.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4234 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:37 AM
1. A mod to the university showers that would allow children and teens to use them in the same room together.

2. Mods using the 'Marco Polo' animations for getting in and out of the pool without ladders/slides/diving boards to actually get into and out of the pool. I don't know why they didn't do this in the first place.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4235 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:54 AM
I use this method to housetrain dogs.

Keep an eye on their bladder motive. When it seems about three quarters low, have the adult pick them up and take them outside. (For adult dogs, you need to teach them the "come here" command first). When the animal is outside, either lock the door to stop them coming back in, or spend some time with them, playing and fussing and maybe feeding them. Once their bladder is low, they should use the outside part because it's closest. Then you can praise them.

There is a recolour of the litterbox which is a pile of newspapers at ATS. I don't know if it's possible to mod this to be able to be used by dogs - or even puppies only.
http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/objects/pets_003.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#4236 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:52 AM
Or take them for a walk.
Mad Poster
#4237 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil

The fish they caught, were spread out on the lawn, and sold from there!

How many of them were stolen by penguin?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4238 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
1. A mod to the university showers that would allow children and teens to use them in the same room together.

I'm pretty sure that already exists. I'll have a look in my hacks folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#4239 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
How many of them were stolen by penguin?

Once you've set them for sale, they cannot be simply picked up, they must be *bought*. The "Eat" interaction, which the penguin would normally use, isn't available from that point on. So the penguin cannot touch them
Mad Poster
#4240 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 4:34 PM
My house training method, particularly for dogs like the Critturs, is to put them in a fenced yard or run until they learn how to behave civilly. Dogs who chew the furniture, pee on the floor, and refuse to eat dog food don't get to come inside. (We'll negotiate sleeping on furniture depending on the family!)

That way, if my sims are at work, the dogs aren't trashing their house, and it's very easy to find the dogs for praising or scolding when sims are available. Otherwise, you pretty much need a sim with nothing else to do in life but dog train to handle some of those dogs.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#4241 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:54 AM
Wii U consoles. I want to make my Sims play Splatoon.

I am the owner and streamer of Twitch Plays The Sims.
Instructor
#4242 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:53 PM
I have found exnem's arcade collection, so I have more arcade games for my sims (for those of you who want it, you can download it here , just be sure to also download the codec so that more than 1 arcade game can be used at the same time), but I want more console games for my sims to play (e.g. the Sims Bustin' Out game they can play). Somewhat sadly, my sims don't seem to appreciate Pacman (it's a classic!), the most popular game seems to be Dungeons and Dragons.
Mad Poster
#4243 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
Terula, scatter neighborhood deco bus stops around your neighborhood, and when they have to go somewhere too far to walk, you can assume they walked to a bus stop. Buses don't, after all, provide door-to-door service or come when you call them. You have to walk a little and wait for the next one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#4244 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 9:34 AM
It would be fun if someone ported the TS4 Outdoor Retreat bear suit to TS2, I'm sure there would be plenty of occasions to use it.
Lab Assistant
#4245 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 6:40 PM
I wish someone made Halo elites in this game, that would be amazing. There are Transformers but no Elites???? Heretic!
Mad Poster
#4246 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:02 AM
A simple text replacement for the "went steady with ..." memory that makes it more applicable for both adults and teenagers.

Mad Poster
#4247 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A simple text replacement for the "went steady with ..." memory that makes it more applicable for both adults and teenagers.

If you tell me what you want the text to be, I'll make that for you tomorrow. I replaced a bunch of the maxis memory texts, because man are some of them stupid.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4248 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:52 AM
Maybe something like "My sweetie'sall mine now! Perhaps someday we'll take the next step..."

Thank you!

Instructor
#4249 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 10:57 AM
I would love a hack to stop waves from beach lots. But not a global one. I got some lots by the river and is somehow anoying to get in and see that my sim is at the beach not in a river

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Scholar
#4250 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 4:29 PM
I'd really like to see the simwardrobe packing station updated for Sun & Moons fruit and vegetables. Speaking of which, I really wish they'd give the crops a "water all" option.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Page 170 of 582