Thanks: 62 in 3 Posts
So a few times now I've caught myself reading my old mts posts when I've been super duper bored. And boy, can I tell how I've changed just by the way I type in them.
Idk how easy it is for the average person to figure someone's age by a forum post, but can I just point out how in a post from 2014 I actually sounded 17/18 and in a post from 2020/2021 I actually sound 24.
It's borderline cringe, honestly. Do people still use ^.^ because I sure hope to never type that ever again or go "yaaaaaaaaay" or significantly over exaggerate things.
I'm sure in another x number of years I'll look back at the posts I've made around this time and think the exact same thing. But it's just an interesting observation.
Sort of makes me want to scour the internet for other old things I've said god knows where since I don't use any social media besides twitter these days. But at the same time, probably better to leave the past be the past might not like what I'd find
Thanks: 1134 in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by CASnarl
I sure hope to never type that ever again or go "yaaaaaaaaay" or significantly over exaggerate things.
Thanks: 105 in 1 Posts
♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
There's the regular cringy posts from a teen, and then there's obnoxious posts by a teen who didn't think before posting, because.. as a teen you always know better. Duh. It has happened again every now then, mostly when I was in a bad mood. (nowadays I stay away from the internet when I'm in a bad mood)
I'm glad there's no such thing here 'remembering' posts from x years ago, like FB has, but I do miss the yearbook.
Need help building? We'll help.
Thanks: 3 in 1 Posts
As for the rest of my posts, I don't know. I think I've mostly kept my posting to the Simming areas until recently-ish. I post if I have a shitty day or if I want to try to say something I think is maybe a bit funny. My humor is kinda messed up, and I don't think that's changed much... Probably gotten worse with time
I thought that was personality-dependent... I had a friend (he was 23-25 at the time) who typed like that. Truth be told, I liked it for the most part. He also did that face, but I usually sent smiley faces, too, so I don't really consider that an age factor. I did consider him very "young" though, sometimes, but then again, I lean more toward being intense and 'old-lady-like' (it's probably why I liked the youthfulness of it, because I was also in my twenties).
I do miss that innocence to our friendship. I wish I could return to it, sometimes, but it ended. I am over it, mostly, but tonight was rough - coming up on the one year anniversary of it ending, so to speak.
BUT... what made me pop into this thread, is that mine deals with that friend I mentioned.
I have looked back and re-read some posts...
... and it is so interesting to me that, spanning even just two years back, I was having problems with said friend above and I was speaking out loud to this forum if I "should end our friendship" or not.
Spoiler alert: the friendship ended (on both ends), and on my end, it was for exactly the reasons I stated in those posts from years ago. When I read that post from years ago, I was just... in shock. I knew I had had issues before, and the issue never improved, but I was surprised that 2-3 years ago, I found it a big problem to complain enough to strangers, and STILL ATTEMPT to keep the friendship going. FOR at least 2.5 YEARS.
Goodness, I should hope I'd never get in a bad romantic relationship/bad marriage, I'd be trying to keep it going longer than that.
It was just enlightening to me to see that maybe I should have let it all go back then.
I do miss him still, but not enough to reach out. I have come to terms that it ended. I'm not happy, but I'm over the worst of it. Thing is, I KNEW I'd take this the hardest out of us two. I knew I was in a really weird, super unusual, co-dependent relationship (well, I was co-dependent on him....). I KNEW that when it would end, it would end with me getting the worst of it. I knew that I'd be the most sad and heartbroken. It's why I kept it going. I even mentioned it to him. I probably mention it in my posts, lol. I was not wrong - I did not take it well at all. I apparently know myself very well.
Oh! And I still type WAY WAY too much in my posts. I think that's just how I am...
Thanks: 113 in 1 Posts
Because I was far more mature at the age of eleven than I am now!
Thanks: 274 in 4 Posts
I guess also it factors in that I've had more life experience since back in those days. Traveling half way around the world in a flight or fight response tends to change a person, but I digress.
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry
Thanks: 473 in 6 Posts
The thread's got everything a 13-year old shitposter from 2011 would dream of!
- A shitty, non-descriptive title: "Khm, khm... a simple question(s)!" Boy, that sure would'a won my click today if it were someone else's thread! So much baiting! Makes me wonder what is the secret question???
- Arrogance! Plenty of it!
- me: thanks Mootilda for the tutorial; it didn't worked. I'm not very familiar with SimPE.
- Mootilda: I'm sorry that you couldn't get my tutorial working. Did you try using (...)? One other thing: a useful title can really help convince the right person to read your thread.
- me: OK, Mootilda, I changed the title, just for you! OK, for everyone else... And about your tutorial; I've already told you that I'm not skilled for SimPE. (...) And yes, I have disabled all the expansions and Stuff packs in FileTable. So I don't want to use SimPE. No, I Do Not.
- Usage of the m'lady lingo:
- I bought the game three days ago. *labels the box with "Spoilage Rate: Extremely High"*
- Over the top responses that could've simply been "ok, thanks, I'll try that"
- (someone tells me a trick to get something working)
- me: Oh. My. God. I. Am. So. Stupid. !.
Yes, I am. I haven't even remembered I could do that! Gee...
OK! So, I'll try to do that. And when I come home (about 9pm), I will try to follow your tutorial again. And edit my download. (Don't ask.)
- Completely irrelevant information! Below, ordered by how much they classify as run-on sentences and rambling:
- "I'm going for a swim"
- "(don't ask about my super secret download hehe)" I see no trace of any download anywhere on the internet nor was the thread about the download
- "I'm on my neighbor's computer; something went wrong with my Internet back home."
- "I'm not skilled for SimPE. I can just make something simple, like modifying the 'UIText.package' in 'Texts' folder of Program files. I don't know if thats the reason, but I only have 512MB of RAM, and when I tried to export (I mean, load, modify, open) a Neighborhood, for exaple, Twikkii Island, Pleasantview (oh, expecially Pleasantview), Bluewater Village... SimPE, or, should I say, my system, becomes slow and unstable. If stops responding, my XP explodes... and when I quit SimPE, XP is slow 'til the next boot. Well, I'm not really sure if RAM is the thing what makes to slow down my system, but still. And yes, I have disabled all the expansions and Stuff packs in FileTable. So I don't want to use SimPE. No, I Do Not." how's anything past I'm not skilled for relevant
- "I already told the story, as I said in the first post. And today I wanted to tell another one. (The first story I've told was on a custom profile.) So, I made new profile (along with the 1st custom -- so that means; I have two custom profiles), named it differently than the other one (duh...) and started playing (in both profiles I made a custom Sim in CAS!). So I made to the chapter 6, and closed the game. After a nice swim, I came back home and opened CS, and changed profile (to the one with complete story). And, I never play Wanmami Island (only Shipwrecked and Single). Anyways, I entered the neighborhood (S&S), and clicked on Return to Sim. But on that family thumbnail -- the one on the loading screen, where the married couple hold hands and other -- there was no my Castaway! There was only his wife Tumata! (My Castaway was not in Family Bin, and his wife (actually, everyone in S&S) appeared to didn't know him at all! You know, he wasn't on the Relationship panel. And he had twins with his wife -- they were gone from The Sims too!
So shortly, after I created and played new profile, and switched back to old one, main character was gone, along with his two sons. (Yes, I have tried clicking on a Village Residence, but he wasn't there!)
Can you please me with that? Thanks"
- Finally, adding a sig for whatever reason? Because you sure as hell won't change your @ down the line!